1 cent rounding mechanism

ianbr26

Jun 19, 2011
JB
Just for clarification, petrol stations are also supposed to follow the rounding mechanism right?

I filled petrol for RM54.76 which was supposed to be rounded to RM54.75. Right?

I paid RM60 and was supposed to get a balance of RM5.25. Right?

But this did not happen.

The amount of RM54.76 was not rounded to RM54.75 and this is not shown in my receipt.

My balance of what supposed to be RM5.25 was not given and I was only given RM5.20.

This is wrong right?

I know I'm losing 5 cents and it's not a big deal. But imagine 100 cars a day, that's already RM5. A month is already RM150. I can fill my car petrol 3 times.

Firstly, the petrol station is at fault for not rounding off the amount.
Secondly, it is not shown in the receipt.

These two things are already against BNM's article:
BNM Rounding Mechanism

I just need a confirmation from ppl here on whether the petrol station is at fault. If yes, I am gonna fight for my rights.

Please shed some light here. Thanks.

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
fill **.*2 next time.. like RM11.12..they will charge u RM11.10 only..
beat the system..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
yes you are in the right. but why you so guai lan nothing to do find things to do? just fill to the nearest cent and you save your time instead of having to fight for your right..over..5 cents? is your time worth the 5 cents?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I believe you are right. If paid by cash, I believe they will have to follow the rules.

The world is a bad place not because evil people. It's because the good ones does nothing about it - Albert Einstein. Not the exact sentence, but more or less it lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...like d topic says d car is in need of help..u c it's leaking a bit of engine oil (it's just been thru a major overhaul in s'ban)..from Wat I can see is that it's due to d cover x 'gummed' properly (apparently there's x gasket for this therefore use only sealant)..sounds ez enuff rite??thats Wat I thought..d problem is I x get d crank pulley off!!manually wiz hammer..FAIL..air gun..FAIL..it's like d pomen who overhauled d car put in loads n loads of glue..:(

Honestly I've sent to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience