Photo Feature: THE 86 AND AE86: TWO HACHIROKUS, BOTH CLASSICS, ONE IN HD

Alpina B10

Jun 27, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Well... the last time I checked... we are STILL living in Malaysia.

2nd It doesnt have the the 'chic magnet' appeal with its looks unlike the Celica or Rx8s

3rd Its not a true blue performance car (Like the Type Rs or Evo or Scoobies)

4th Its not a Grand Tourer kind of car

5th Its not a family orientated car either....

So Now where does this car stand in?:hmmmm:
have to disagree with you on this.

well. malaysia + umw (overpriced dudes, just look at the camry) don't expect any discounts soon especially when the bookings for this car are already 100 over. wait for recon i guess.

chic magnet. the only cars girls dick. sorry i mean dig are audi's. plus if u buy a car to impress a girl you have a really sad life.

true blue performance. this depends on what you are looking for. its all down to personal interests. (eg. if u are just into straight line speed = not the car for you.)

grand tourer huh? what even gave you this idea this is a true GT car (granted toyota made a silly marketing decision to brand it a GT 86 in europe. but then again even BMW is abusing this GT moniker like nobody's business, perhaps thats why they got into a JV?)

its not as family oriented as say as a camry or avanza. however, if you have infant kids, this car is surprisingly more practical than u might think. isofix seats, decent sized boot, comfortable ride...i think this car is good until your kid reaches 5.

heck i can fit a japanese girl inside.

where does this car stand? a segment we once took forgranted and lost it and now its back. sure, you may compare it to say golf r's....audi tt's...megane renaultsport....but its as sensible as comparing a Mercedes C63 AMG and BMW M3 (both imo really different cars in character but auto journo's compare it anyway because they are rival companies, which sucks).

Last edited:

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
its not overpriced if you're not in Malaysia. :smokin:
Then don't bitch that its overpriced. All cars in Malaysia is overpriced. Proton is cheaper in Saudi than in Malaysia. Its overpriced not because of the car, that is because of the government. What's your point?

Well... then why are you bitching its overpriced. Well its selling much more than a FD2 Type R by about Rm40 to Rm50k. So isn't it a lot to pay for it considering its specs compared to the FD2R?

Are you a chick? Otherwise how would YOU know what has chic magnet appeal? Last I checked, my female friends don't know what appeal to them, that's why they spend 3 hours in the boutique and yet buy nothing cause they didn't find anything appealing (AFTER 3 HOURS WTF).

Well do you think you are the ONLY ONE who have female friends? A lot of the chics who come into the showroom didnt pay much attention to the car. Neither did anyone of the girls came close and ask for a look see into the car.

In what context? In the drifting arena this is a true blue performance car. The examples you named, well, can't drift, the latter 2 maybe with 2WD lockup.

Well has this car been proven in the drifting arena? Do you see any competing in drift competitions recently?

You can't buy a real Grand Tourer for RM250k. If you are complaining 250K is overpriced, you can't afford Grand Tourers, pal.

Thats just a classification of what the car could go in. Well you could get a reconditioned one for sure at that price... So can you afford one since you think its not overpriced? If you can Why dont you get one yourself then to prove your point?

And then maybe with you "HALF BRAIN" you can understand that everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion and not everybody thinks like you do.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Well... then why are you bitching its overpriced. Well its selling much more than a FD2 Type R by about Rm40 to Rm50k. So isn't it a lot to pay for it considering its specs compared to the FD2R?
I didn't bitch its overpriced. You did.

Well do you think you are the ONLY ONE who have female friends? A lot of the chics who come into the showroom didnt pay much attention to the car. Neither did anyone of the girls came close and ask for a look see into the car.
Unless your a chic, you are not qualified to say its not a chic magnet. Cut the whole thing off and tell me again, then maybe its valid.

Well has this car been proven in the drifting arena? Do you see any competing in drift competitions recently?
Wow you must be living under a rock. Is Formula Drift Long Beach in April 2012 recent enough?
[youtube]6E-8Xpek_dg?t=21s[/youtube]
Next thing you're gonna say Scion FR-S is not a Toyota 86, right? It's a branding strategy by Toyota USA to sell the 86 as a Scion. The car is a Toyota 86 with a different badge. Ken Gushi made it to Top 8 in the debut -- he was knocked out by the defending champion Dai.

Thats just a classification of what the car could go in. Well you could get a reconditioned one for sure at that price... So can you afford one since you think its not overpriced? If you can Why dont you get one yourself then to prove your point?
You can't read? The Toyota 86 is would not quality to be classified as a Grand Tourer. Go read the examples of Grand Tourers. If you cannot understand I cannot help you.

And then maybe with you "HALF BRAIN" you can understand that everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion and not everybody thinks like you do.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
I didn't bitch its overpriced. You did.
its not overpriced if you're not in Malaysia. :smokin:

Look whose 'Talking".. I mean Bitching

Unless your a chic, you are not qualified to say its not a chic magnet. Cut the whole thing off and tell me again, then maybe its valid.

So what qualifies you you say it is a or not a chic magnet. Have you got your's cut off or are you really a bitch yourself?

Wow you must be living under a rock. Is Formula Drift Long Beach in April 2012 recent enough?

Next thing you're gonna say Scion FR-S is not a Toyota 86, right? It's a branding strategy by Toyota USA to sell the 86 as a Scion. The car is a Toyota 86 with a different badge. Ken Gushi made it to Top 8 in the debut -- he was knocked out by the defending champion Dai.

A Toyota is a Toyota. We were talking about the Toyota were'nt we? Anyway, its didnt win did it?

You ca't read? The Toyota 86 is would not quality to be classified as a Grand Tourer. Go read the examples of Grand Tourers. If you cannot understand I cannot help you.

Well....try understanding what Im trying to tell you. If you can't..or dont I dont blame you either.

:stupido3:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys, keep the debate in a constructive manner and avoid personal attack. The argument is going no where if you guys still continue to throw out punches on each other...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
I wan both car in my garage but can't afford it...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subaru will be getting their own version of the Toyota FT-86 rear-wheel drive coupe and have released the first official photos of their version of the collaboration ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While Subaru were sneaky and provided a photo with an outline of just the front end’s silhouette, some Photoshop wands were waved over it at CarScoop and managed to filter out the rest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience