I'm Looking For Some Advice about Rotary

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
What do you want to know? To be honest, if you are thinking about FC3S, you need to ask yourself how much you want the car and how much you are willing to pay.

The cost is not about buying the car. It is about sorting it out and fixing it up. The FC was built from 86 to 91 - that's nearly 30 years old. Some parts can be easily found but the price isn't pleasant when it all adds up.

You're going to have a certain positive attitude to deal with the many problems that one can encounter with the average specimen encountered.

wasabiboy

Jun 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah ive been thinking about that . lots of people tell me that old car really gives trouble need high maintainence like older people got hypertension .. diabetic bla bla bla , but that FC always been my dream car .
i didnt really care about spending my money for fixing that car .

hmm the thing i wanna know is the cost of a rebuild engine .
also about finding the spare parts , is it easy to get or hard .

i dont really know about rotary engines also where to find a good workshop when it comes to rotary problems.

fd58

Jan 26, 2012
singapore
www.fdrx7.com
if u not those budget type . i would say go for it . but u need to noe a lot about rx7 first . means u need to fill urself wif knowledge about the cars . even general terms like transmission n handling also counts in . it will help u a lot along the way . sometimes is not the money tat is the pain . is the time taken tat realli kills u . so i would say try to play smart if u r getting into performance cars . coz they tend to break down if u r using shitty parts . trust me . malaysia has plenty of ppl nowadays tat understands about rotary . spare parts are everywhere tat u can find . so dont need to worry . furthermore the octane level in malaysia is good enuff . the road surface are good . so there is nothing to worry about . the onli thing u need to worry is . if u wanna get ur car to the max potential available . then tat would be a problem . coz not many noes how to unleash the real power in the wankel engine but at the same time making it reliable . but the japanese and the australian did it . i m not saying there isnt in malaysia . but places like gt auto has done a good job in tuning rotaries . so overall juz pick ur workshop wisely . it will save u a lot of time n money . oh i heard there r more n more ppl able to tune rotary nicely . some r in subang jaya . not realli sure wats the workshop name call though . anyway there is nothing to worry about if u r not those realli tight budget in modding cars .

stevenseahkl

From Facebook
Sep 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
time to load up your knowledge base... after that you will be able to ask relevant questions, as in speaking on ROTARIAN language. As it is now, you are too green. You dunno what you are getting yourself into. Trust me.. u need all the knowledge, know-how, workshops, etc esp on rotaries. But then, I am not a ROTARIAN, and dun speak da language. I "like" the idea of the engine and how it is so ahead of it's time tho.. its almost alien-like tech!

wasabiboy

Jun 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i see ..
thanks for all your info bro , i feel quite relieved now , knowing thereis some place that can manage rotaries ,
most of my friend say hard to find workshop for rotaries la bla bla bla . Nway thnx again :biggrin:

savahn
- Okay thax for that map bro :adore:

stevenseahkl
- yeah bro im still green bout this rotariess world , ive been updating my brain from time to time about rotaries but sometimes quite difficult without any sifu lol haha . :top:

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Ah Choi's place (H&M Motorsport) is the first place you should go to - he will tell you everything you need to know. But do check in here just in case you don't understand what he says - he is a bit advanced and assumes you know certain things.

There is a guy named Ah Hau who used to work for Ah Choi. Ah Hau (aka Monkey) now has his own workshop further up the road. He's pretty good too - last time I was there, he owned a matte black FC3S with wide body kit.

Right now the most senior is Ah Seong. Please be a bit patient with Ah Seong, he is a bit "anti-social". If you can tahan and be patient a bit, he is quite a nice guy and hard worker. Last time I was there to replace a master clutch pump and fuel tank, he was the one who worked until 8pm to troubleshoot on a Saturday night and get the clutch working properly.

fd58

Jan 26, 2012
singapore
www.fdrx7.com
oh btw to add on . the one im referring to the subang jaya one is the one tat does the ae86 wif rotary that goes for formula drift . probably is h&m motosports . not too sure about it . but if it is , i heard the owner noes how to tune rotary real good . i m going to give it a go the next time i go tuning gg :D .

wasabiboy

Jun 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
wah thx both of you , now i know where to .
for now my main problem is finding fc3s hm hm .
last time saw some ads selling fc3s but at johore .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu's, pls comment which engine is more suitable for upgrating the wira 1.5(A), by comparing the FC and HP.

4G91 DOHC (Auto),4G92 DOHC non-mivec(Auto),4G92 DOHC mivec(Auto) and 4G93 DOHC (Auto).
1.6 mives got one triptronic one quite interesting, but dunno how is the HP and FC ???
My current ride is 4G15 (A), which is very in power and very pandai in FC (makan minyak)....about 17~20sen (depends highway and town area). This engin even overtake an ori kancil when wif 5 person in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience