Dubai roaming... how much??!!

dreschan

Jul 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all… im going to Dubai next month, want to get some advice here regarding the roaming....
which roaming services should I get and got it's in the Middle East???
Or should I get a data roaming plan at Dubai there when I arrive is cheaper or I sign it here is cheaper?? Pls help...

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
If you are staying there for a long period ( 1 week ++ ) better buy their prepaid. if its for a short while just be prepared for RM2.00 per sms transaction (coming in n out), 90cents per-minute (better check with ur telco for rates). Last time CELCOM offered me RM30 per day for roaming data plan. i found it too expensive if it just involve checking FB, or short emails. me go for WiFi

Cheers

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
different telco have their package...if u need to receive call from msia when u r there, stay with yr current telco and buy their package for roaming n broadband...if not, go there buy their phone cards....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If able to get WiFi there, use Viber or What apps with your smart phone......

andychong24

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wow only rich ppl only go to Dubai hahahah!
a word of advise…
better turn off ur data roaming when u are there or else when you come back!
your mobile bill freaking expensive , more than your trip!
later don't cry ok heheh

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, agree. If you are on Postpaid, the data roaming will just run on it's own. My colleague while in China forgot to switch off the data roaming and incur additional RM1k for nothing.....:banghead:

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
RM1k is nothing compare to my collegue. RM11, 349.90 !! as he use it to reply a few very important email. Lucky his company paid up that bill.

No need laa to update your FB everytime beb.

Cheers

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Good for him as he did not have to pay a cent, my friend got to foot the bill himself.....

titipoh

Jul 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
All these depend on u lah… how long u will be away and the usage..
This is my experience when I go Bahrain last time.. That time I still using my previous telcon and guess what when I arrived there… they said this telco is not their partner, so cannot activated woh....
So now im using the Celcom Unlimited Data Roaming whenever I go oversea lol..

Apr 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Me too…the best part about this is no commitment needed and no subscription fees…
As a cabin crew, I always goes around the world but only stay for few days at each stop….so this unlimited data roaming suits me coz
I only pay RM 38 per day whenever I used lol…..you can check out the list of the countries and their partner telco lol…

Celcom

blueseason32

Nov 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RM1k is nothing compare to my collegue. RM11, 349.90 !! as he use it to reply a few very important email. Lucky his company paid up that bill.

No need laa to update your FB everytime beb.

Cheers
totally agreed with your statement coz I also kena last time kakaka...:banghead:

Me too…the best part about this is no commitment needed and no subscription fees…
As a cabin crew, I always goes around the world but only stay for few days at each stop….so this unlimited data roaming suits me coz
I only pay RM 38 per day whenever I used lol…..you can check out the list of the countries and their partner telco lol…

celcom.com.my/international/rates-data.html

Last edited:

dreschan

Jul 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
wow...cant believe covered 58 countries!!!!??
Thats perfect to match me as i cannot live without my Facebook nowdays...
Without FAcebook i will feel sad and loonly...:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

MEDIA MEMBERS GIVE THUMBS UP TO NAZA MEDIA SHUTTLE SERVICE

The Malaysian F1 race is over; but Naza KIA – the Official Media Shuttle for Sepang Circuit - will continue to make its presence at the F1 track to serve media members on duty.

“We have had only good comments from the media members especially photographers – local and international – of the media shuttle service and the Naza...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience