Gone with the wind

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Its been a painful week for me since my Civic EG got stolen. Throughout this 18 years being with me, 3 different windows were smashed, 2 times thieves tried to steal it...and finally its gone.

I regret not paying much attention to security, and taking for granted that its an old car, no one will eye it. I have a fuel pump cut off switch, but i guess they must have planned it well. Now i can only blame myself for not investing in a gear & steering lock and 2 way alarm. It was stolen while i was busy working in my client's place.

Till now, i still can't figure out how they stole my car, but i learned a bloody painful lesson.

So guys, don't think it will never happen to you, cos that was what i thought. Old or new, when the thieves are hungry, the will hunt!!!!

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wtf? when did this happen? n where?? give details, pictures, plate number etc etc

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Bro, I'm sorry to hear that. But yeah, one of the reasons some of my friends selling their EGs are due to fear of theft. As for mine, I'm paranoid enough to remove the ECU when parking at car parks for more than 4-6 hours now, even with a fuel pump relay kill switch.

How did you wire in a kill switch? I've seen a couple of interesting ones, such as using the cigarette lighter knob as a switch, or press brake to start. If you made a simple switch, they'll probably trace it from the fuel relay, or jumper it.

Still, since the wiring is traceable, I don't trust them that much either.

Last edited:

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Hi mADmAN,

It was stolen in Giant beside Shah Alam Stadium. I park there regularly the last 2 years as i service their IT Department. As usual i parked at the main lanes where there are always high traffic. Suspect might be some inside job. I arrived at 1:45PM, and left at 6:30PM. Probably the thieves knew that everytime i come, i will spend at least 2 hours in the office, unlike normal shoppers who will grab and go within 30mins. My car registration is BBR 2020, greyish blue...doubt i will see my car again...:(

But if guys do bump into it, please give me a buzz 012-2810451

Hi Shiro,
Cool idea you have...finally found someone as paranoid as i am. My fuel pump's ground is connected to my switch. Probably my switch is not that well hidden, guess they might have found it.

Honestly, since my first attempted theft in 2000, i have exercised very strict policies on where i park my car. With this mind set, i have made my life and those around me inconvenient. I even have nightmares bout my car getting stolen ( i think dreams do come true )
Guess God took away my car so i will live life like a normal person (finding excuse to make myself not so sad on why my car got stolen)

Attachments

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
No wonder they targeted your car. It was a monster with a turbo inside eh?

Sorry to hear that bro. I really understand your feeling.

I was once lost my Gilera , park in the office parking space but unlucky that my space was on the blind side of the cctv.

Everytime i parked my car somewhere dark or far, i really could not at 1 second feel calm. People said, rileks ah, but they dont know that feeling of "what if"....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
sorry for ur loss bro... i tend to go there too for my groceries and its near my house....

ive shared this on my FB so hopefully the word spreads n ull get some leads...

fuck the thieves..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Damn that's sure to be a fun car to drive. Sorry about your loss. Hope you can pick up the pieces and move on. Maybe with a DC5 or FD2R?

stingg

Known Member
Sep 20, 2005
subang jaya
V sad for the loss. Thief nowdays dont even need to find the switch. They just bring their own batt and run the fuel pump straight. Some even have their own ecu in case there is some programming done inside to disable the engine.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
V sad for the loss. Thief nowdays dont even need to find the switch. They just bring their own batt and run the fuel pump straight. Some even have their own ecu in case there is some programming done inside to disable the engine.
Damn, looks like I have to do even more anti-theft measures.

EJ6SO4

Known Member
May 29, 2005
Kedah, Malaysia
Hi mADmAN,

It was stolen in Giant beside Shah Alam Stadium. I park there regularly the last 2 years as i service their IT Department. As usual i parked at the main lanes where there are always high traffic. Suspect might be some inside job. I arrived at 1:45PM, and left at 6:30PM. Probably the thieves knew that everytime i come, i will spend at least 2 hours in the office, unlike normal shoppers who will grab and go within 30mins. My car registration is BBR 2020, greyish blue...doubt i will see my car again...:(

But if guys do bump into it, please give me a buzz 012-2810451

Hi Shiro,
Cool idea you have...finally found someone as paranoid as i am. My fuel pump's ground is connected to my switch. Probably my switch is not that well hidden, guess they might have found it.

Honestly, since my first attempted theft in 2000, i have exercised very strict policies on where i park my car. With this mind set, i have made my life and those around me inconvenient. I even have nightmares bout my car getting stolen ( i think dreams do come true )
Guess God took away my car so i will live life like a normal person (finding excuse to make myself not so sad on why my car got stolen)
such a beautiful words......it all becos of the price hike on this second parts....inside job always la cos 2 years u park there....

satrianeo-x

Jul 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Gulp! now I am having second thought of getting an EG liao... giler betul, the market must be crazy in demand of the engines and parts. So sorry to hear about your lost. Despite what you are doing, still, they manage to steal it. No wonder most EG wners I know tend to keep their car inside, and only drive it on weekends. APA LA DAH JADI...

ae92r

Known Member
Feb 21, 2007
Did you get any CCTV picture from that giant security or police report?

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
F'ing thieves! What the hell la. Seems like it can't be controlled anymore. I hear things like this almost every week. What about the tracker? I've seen some sellers in Mudah.my sell those thing. Is it effective? If the car got stolen at least can track.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
F'ing thieves! What the hell la. Seems like it can't be controlled anymore. I hear things like this almost every week. What about the tracker? I've seen some sellers in Mudah.my sell those thing. Is it effective? If the car got stolen at least can track.
Not if they also can quickly find your tracker and then throw it away.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hie everyone! can gimme some advice bout car's performance/engine sys? i love cars..car modification..but i dunno bout engines :confused: ..hope u guys can reply some of my points below:
- would like to kno bout how some basic engines works
- the difference between the blow off valve and the wastegate
- how intercoolers works?
- bigger piping for exhaust will cost more feul consumption?
- can also tell me other things bout the engines!

thanks alot...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience