Izzit true bot will affect reliability? How severe will be affected actually?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
All will boil down to your financial stability. If u got a strong background financially or got a strong financial support behind, by all means go for a used jap car and bot it. Otherwise go for a new car. Be reminded taking care of the tear n wear of a Honda is already quite tedious and rather costly not to mention taking care of bot car. I owned a Honda FYI plus a bot owner as well and I'm telling u bot is more costly than u think. Go n ask other owners. FYI again most of the bot owners here are either tuners themselves or mechanics or financially stable guys including me thus for them it is nothing for everything can be diy besides earning some as well from the likes like us. Think and plan carefully before u step into the world of bot. It addictive but also an expensive hobby to keep. Make sure u have at least 15-20k of spare cash before u embark into the world of bot. I can assure u a mere 10k will not be enough for bot alone plus u need to leave some spare for emergencies such as gb or engine kaput or a total overhaul. Just my piece of cake. Your call.

Zaid Zainuddin

From Facebook
Oct 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
Haha... Personally, I would buy a 60k jap car and turbo it instead of buying 70k new proton. Just light boost it.
haha i understand but what i'm trying to say is, is this is his 1st time playing with turbo,better play with car that original comes with turbo n play stock 1st.later can upgrade... or transplant a turbo halfcut. if wanna bot his current car its ok. but ts wanna buy a new ride and then bot it,make me think,why wanna go the long way? if he got a good budget,just go with a ori turboed car(airtrek,celica,evo6,evo7,r33,peugeot 308 etc etc)

Alvin Lee Edwards

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
Cheras
www.facebook.com
bro alvin, imo if you're buying a 60k accord and then spend some 10k to slap a turbo i think better you gather those 70k and buy preve,ori turbo tau... and brand new summore...low interest for sure... or get an airtrek turbo.. so many model to chose...toyota estima also got supercharge
what i'm trying to say is,if this is your 1st time modding a car or 1st time using turbo...please consider it in stock form.if you wanna gain knowlegde from a 10k wira i can understand,but a 60k car can make ur head spin
Jus a 30k Accord CG. Murah beb...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
All will boil down to your financial stability. If u got a strong background financially or got a strong financial support behind, by all means go for a used jap car and bot it. Otherwise go for a new car. Be reminded taking care of the tear n wear of a Honda is already quite tedious and rather costly not to mention taking care of bot car. I owned a Honda FYI plus a bot owner as well and I'm telling u bot is more costly than u think. Go n ask other owners. FYI again most of the bot owners here are either tuners themselves or mechanics or financially stable guys including me thus for them it is nothing for everything can be diy besides earning some as well from the likes like us. Think and plan carefully before u step into the world of bot. It addictive but also an expensive hobby to keep. Make sure u have at least 15-20k of spare cash before u embark into the world of bot. I can assure u a mere 10k will not be enough for bot alone plus u need to leave some spare for emergencies such as gb or engine kaput or a total overhaul. Just my piece of cake. Your call.
Hi bro...

Just want to ask here. You used 15 - 20k to BOT a car? Some of my friends did it for just a fraction of the cost. Can I ask what is it that made the cost so high? Is it branded stuff and all brand new? Just to share a bit, I've heard of cars that got BOT for about 5 - 8k. BOT being just a light boost (~0.4 bar) and without messing with the internals. Mind to share please?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Check pinned bot forum, posted inside already, all items brand new. That is not it yet, still got a couple of items yet to be accounted for. A friendly advice, if u want to play bot, do it all the way. Why take the risk of going for used items where reliability will be an even obvious issue? Unless u are a mec or got your own workshop then it is another story. But that's just me. Currently still dealing with a couple of wear and tear issue from the suspension system of which I strongly believe arise due to the na parts unable to cope with the sudden steep increase of torque n Hp.

Zaid Zainuddin

From Facebook
Oct 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
Check pinned bot forum, posted inside already, all items brand new. That is not it yet, still got a couple of items yet to be accounted for. A friendly advice, if u want to play bot, do it all the way. Why take the risk of going for used items where reliability will be an even obvious issue? Unless u are a mec or got your own workshop then it is another story. But that's just me. Currently still dealing with a couple of wear and tear issue from the suspension system of which I strongly believe arise due to the na parts unable to cope with the sudden steep increase of torque n Hp.
not to mention the heat distribution. heard stories about radiator fan melt,even affecting the batteries and aircond hose... but imo as long u bot and do everything your tuner recommend,it'll be fine.but do all the tuner advice,don't cutting2 cost ya?

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
BOT merely means adding a turbo kit to a car/engine that doesn't come with one. How reliable it will be will depend on the parts used and the tuning. One can BOT his car for 3-4k, another can BOT his car with 20k. Don't expect a lot of power and reliability from the 3-4k BOT, those are sekadar boleh jalan BOT. If you wanna BOT, do it properly. My 2 cents...

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Of course, anything if you stress it too much, its reliability will go down, and that's not only with BOT, also with other mods like NA. But if done right, I think the reliability will still be good.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
with 10k-15k budget.
i rather plonk in a k20a engine than bot.
seriously.!

if you want to play turbo.
get other car.
not a honda dude.
remember this..one man's meat is another man's poison.

with enough money anything is possible. even if you want a Honda FD2R BOT to tapao GT-R in a drag race. possible. question is how much money you want to spend. :smokin:

but the Honda engineers will flip la since they didn't engineer the car to win drag races.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Tq sifus sifus. Confirmed i'll get Accord next week. 2.0 iV-TEC
BTW i heard BOT a iVTEC is not an easy job. Pls enlighten me.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

So if BOT an engine with no Turbo sibling, ?
No it's not an easy job...
iVtec is not a simple Vtec like b18c or maybe b16b...
The iVtec is the smart-ass VTEC..
the 'i' stands for intelligent. Why is it so hard to be done? first of all..how are you going to make sure that the iVTEC comes in during the right time? the engine load and rpm do play a part in the config.
And remember,iVTEC is able to advance or retard the degree of the intake up to 50 degree....
install a force induction unit to press more air in,Won't that cause the the intake to a bit off balance? therefore,a really good tuner is a must-have in your case.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
the 'i' stands for intelligent. Why is it so hard to be done? first of all..how are you going to make sure that the iVTEC comes in during the right time? the engine load and rpm do play a part in the config.
And remember,iVTEC is able to advance or retard the degree of the intake up to 50 degree....
install a force induction unit to press more air in,Won't that cause the the intake to a bit off balance? therefore,a really good tuner is a must-have in your case.
Hmm... Yeah never thought that the cam timing alteration can make a difference. Up to 50 deg bro? Seriously?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Just, bear in mind. G is addictive. Once u've felt it, u'll always want more. It's either u get enough cash to build up enough muscle to hold the devil, or u control the devil within u. Then, we can talk about reliability.

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Can be done actually.Not so hard to BOT ivtec engine..Most important thing is u must have good engine management n a experience tuner.:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friends car is having some problem...
It is a Satria 1.5 Auto converted to manual...

The problem is rarely simple but then this foremans are doing nonsense...

The car is jerking when its on top speed...1,2,3,4,5..whenever it likes....
It feels like there is something blocking the car from moving when ur driving it...

Have checked with foremans, and also changed the IC Box of the Fuel Injection but its still the same...and now after consulting another foreman, he says the fuel pump is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience