The TOYOTA 86 is finally here in Malaysia! - Specs and Prices

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Bottom line if u guys want more power there's so much other alternatives for the price.
No doubt it's rare to find a rwd performance car these days but if one likes a playful chassis this car is pretty sweet.
Overall it's a nicely balanced car in terms of handling and chuckability.

But when it comes to power... sorry lah.. It's adquate for a stock car, but when comparing to the likes of cars of similar price like the Civic Type R, Megane RS, Golf GTi... hmm....

I guess the closest rwd that can exceed its straight line performance in the rear world for the price of the FT86 would be an E90 325i Sports or a S2000.

katanakote123

May 10, 2012
Sabah
If this car can tune its single throttle to more longer ITB's,:hmmmm: y not?sure sounds good :rofl::smokin:

keeltha

Known Member
Jan 13, 2011
Selangor
200bhp = good enough for a car that emphasize on handling
1100kg = light enough
low CG design like RX8 = superb
FMR + 200bhp + 1100kg = potential become latest best handling car... but need tons of skill to drive fast enough !

RM250k ? = file closed... overprice ??!! HELL YEAH !!!!

katanakote123

May 10, 2012
Sabah
"Wheres my legend hachiroku ?!" ...This is what Toyota gives you ":thefinger:"

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
haha...as our forumer said...ppl buy it not bcos it's car....they buy it bcos they treat it as their toy....

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
No Turbo = not worth the Price... spend 240k+ to go side ways, i'd use that money, make it into lose change and go for merry go round for couple of years non-stop...

imagine buying that car.. on the highway see some cheapo cars... a fraction of its price.. u get smoked..

Nooooo!!!!

Then u wind down d window and tell him - oi! meet me at the corner.. ok?

LOL

but Seriously

+ RM 2XXk

=

Last edited:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
haha... for UWM this car may be is not under their sale target mah... if told by Toyota-Japan to sale a xxx units a year, I think they will not consider to bring at all!! BTW this price also about the same in Siamland? also why a FD2R can do RM200k & most of us know/try/run with, it is a performance car, but the FT86/BRZ now is only "good" performance on Paper/TV Ad/Car review. Better wait & see.....

but if from UMW view they r here to make $$ not Salvation Army leh.... to buy or not then that is up to we the end user, as some hardcore Toyota's Fans will sure consider this car. For me is PASS go home play GT5 FOC.

katanakote123

May 10, 2012
Sabah
If put Formula Atlantic 4AGE engine in :driver:,maybe worth too :rofl:

f8.

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Vic, you managed to drive it? EVO UK certainly gave it thumbs down. No power. Plain and simple.

Tony, after the GTR 35, even if this car is 50% cheaper with 100% more power, it'd still can't excite you I imagine :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

My friend tot of buying a converted evo 6 but recently he was told that converted evo 6 with 4wd is illegal. Can I know what are the chances of being caught? He’s a johorian, is the johor JPJ good at catching this type of mod? What is the penalty of modding 4wd? Some say will kena tarik, some say can kaotim, some say no, can any sifoo here...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience