• The Taxi Driver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

d4rk

Known Member
Jul 26, 2010
Johor Bahru
Ferrari 599 GTO Crashes into Taxi and Motorcycle, Claiming Three Lives

A rare Ferrari 599 GTO, where only 599 units of such specimen is available worldwide was caught in a horrible accident involving a taxi and a motorcycle in Singapore. The aftermath of the crash has resulted in the deaths of three persons at the wee hours of last Saturday, taking place at the junction of Rochor Road and Victoria Street at 4.15 am. Reports are saying that the spot is known for being an accident-prone area.

The driver of the fastest road-legal Ferrari, a 31-year-old Chinese businessman was already killed when the paramedics reached him. 52-year-old taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock, also a father of three school-going children and his 20-year-old Japanese passenger meanwhile succumbed to their injuries and died later on at the hospital. The motorcyclist and the Ferrari’s passenger however were lucky enough to survive the crash.

Although police are still in the process of investigating the accident, a camera mounted in another taxi caught the footage of the accident, and almost got caught in it by a hair’s breadth. In the footage, it clearly shows that the Ferrari was travelling in high speeds and ran over a red light, hitting the taxi and barely misses the one recording it.

FERRARI 599 GTO ACCIDENT IN SINGAPORE - YouTube

The force of the crash was so violent that it had totally turned the left side of the taxi and the Ferrari’s front side into an unrecognizable wreck. Debris of both the cars and the motorcycle were scattered all over the road, along with what it seems like an engine, most probably from the Ferrari.

Thanks to Betty Goh for the tip.

Sources:
Taxi driver in Bugis crash was family's sole breadwinner
Car Crash: Three Killed in Singapore Ferrari 599 GTO Wreck

Attachments

Last edited:

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
should i now start stereotyping all rich men with super car like ferrari r dumbarse has no brains at all :banghead::banghead: while all the poor lass like us got brains bcuz we got no super car at all :rofl::rofl:

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Wife of the deceased 599 driver wants to know who is the lady passenger.

Anicide

Apr 23, 2006
You should not, unless you want to make yourself seem like a bitter and resentful sort

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
it doesnt matter what car he was driving. Even if it was a kancil, he is still stoopid to drive that fast

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
RIP...driving wat car also have to stop at the traffic light...please respect it as other user are using it too...too arrogant to stop?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
No matter how fast u drive, know when to stop. Dun run red light, n not all ferrari engine at the back.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
the engine on the road suppose belongs to the sonata? i thought ferrari got the engine at the back?
Ferrari 599 has front-mid engine layout, with rear wheel drive. This accident reminds us to stop when the light is red, or yellow. Even when the light is green I always look left and right especially late at night or very early in the morning because at these hour people tend to beat the red light as there are very few vehicles on the road. RIP to all the deceased.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ferrari 599 has front-mid engine layout, with rear wheel drive. This accident reminds us to stop when the light is red, or yellow. Even when the light is green I always look left and right especially late at night or very early in the morning because at these hour people tend to beat the red light as there are very few vehicles on the road. RIP to all the deceased.
this is what i did too while im back from my work during night shift~

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Another proof that some rich people are actually idiots! To be going that fast through a red light, he's either too arrogant, showing off his car to the lady, or drunk! Feel sorry for the taxi driver, his passenger, and the GTO, what a waste!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, if I don't want to go for adjustables

and just want lowered look with matching absorber, which combo should I go for?

spring choice, and absorber combo..

APM/GAB/KYB/D2?....

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience