BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
please use the correct google :)
nah a calculator for u , RC Fuel Injection
300BHP , 4 injectors , 0.60 BSFC , even if we set max duty cycle , 43.5psi fuel pressure ,
we would need atleast a 476cc/min injector
Alrite my bad, I was using the bsfc for na instead of turbocharge but again depend on the application. U don't go right on to 300bhp in low boost application, do u? Perhaps in your 'definition' yes but definitely not in mine. As for high boost application heck why no? U can even go for 1000cc pending the horsies u are going to have. To each their own. If I did in a way or 2 'offend' some of our mates here, pls forgive me.

Edit: we are on the same page anyway. Sharing is caring.

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Alrite my bad, I was using the bsfc for na instead of turbocharge but again depend on the application. U don't go right on to 300bhp in low boost application, do u? Perhaps in your 'definition' yes but definitely not in mine. As for high boost application heck why no? U can even go for 1000cc pending the horsies u are going to have. To each their own. If I did in a way or 2 'offend' some of our mates here, pls forgive me.

Edit: we are on the same page anyway. Sharing is caring.
Do you know what happened if you are running at 100% duty cycle..? Haha!!

And by the way... Define Low boost... Please...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
0.7 bar and below. Anything else?:smokin:
Ok... Here is how it goes...

1) high boost/low boost does not have a benchmark. It purely depends on individual set. U can boost 0.5bar on a TD 05 and still achieve higher HP than a. 0.9bar TD04. U have to always include the effective cfm of the turbo(compressor). Of course it still goes back to wether or not the exhaust from ye engine are able to drive the bigger turbo. So, it is possible to run 300WHP on a 0.5bar GT35 provided the exhaust are sufficient o drive the turbine... Says me....

2) when the injector duty cycle goes beyond 80%, there are tendency of the injector got overheated and shuts down completely. And just FYI, the highest WHP I've achieved running a 450cc injectors at 90% duty cycle is only 243WHP. Whatever u google, u still need to include the consideration of the fuel choice. There is possibility that a 450cc can achieve 300WHP if u run ten with av gas or race fuel pf
Course. But I've always been sticking to pump fuel for discussion sake unless mentioned.

JM2CPOV.... :) have a nice day.

Speeder

Known Member
Mar 15, 2009
Hey all,

Good day.

Want to ask got anyone use RHF5 BOT at 4G15? There are some question to get advise:-
1) enough space to put this turbine or not?
2) will facing turbo lag or not?
3) got any modification needed if use this turbine?

Hope you all can give your comment, thanks.

din

Feb 15, 2006
yes.. long time ago they say "aku gerenty enjin ko tak tahan lama". and now many people bolt on turbo

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
It's because of the old player succeeded walking through the hard way and didn't give up. Now we have more reference to make a success set up.

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hi Guys, i followed this thread long long time ago and somehow i got busy with things and i just didnt follow through with the project neither the thread. Today, i came across a turbo kit deal. I got disturbed again. I have some basic knowledge of the do's n dont ( left over from the previous readings from the thread), but before the deal goes off my hand or even me jumping the gun to buy it, i would like to consult and get your ideas, because finding or reading back from earlier pages is gonna take long. Please assist guys, thanks allot for taking the trouble to read on this. Here you go:

My objective:
To add a turbo kit to my standard engine without changing its internal( piston,crank and the list goes on). Im fully aware that i would like to run it on low boost.

Current engine: 4g91 (stock)
Car: Iswara

The deal:
1) Tdo4H turbo
2) ecu & wiring gsr
3) standard gsr exhaust manifold
4) intake manifold (gsr/na : unknown, but does it matter?)
5) injectors
6) tbody
7) air flow sensor
8) stainless steel piping, but fabricated to wira engine bay ( Do you think i can somehow, cut here and there to use it or i gotta fabricate a new one?)

My doubts( Besides the one above)
a) Do i need a piggyback to get this running?
a.1) i believe the standard boost is 0.8, how do i reduce it?
a.2) what is the safe boost?

b) do i need to change metal casket? if yes, whats the mm?

c) do i need to change my radiator? will temperature be an issue?

I cant think of any right now...i will add on if i come across any,

And im getting the deal for RM1800 without installation. Please advise is it expensive or worth going for it?

Thank you so much guys...

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

A stock bot here currently running 0.7bar with stock fuel pump and without fuel regulator plus gsr 390cc injectors. Full boost can achieve about 180whp. If u are planning on running low boost then Gsr injectors are more than sufficient. Bigger cc injectors are only if u are planning on high boost with forged internal of course.
bro, do we need a fuel regulator im planning to run on low boost with standard na pistons and internal?
what about the fuel pump?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
cheap...and looks like u can get em...

but...

1)tdo4h probably a bit bigger to suits small 1.5 engine...(maybe u can sell and buy td02 or vf21 as replacement)

2)need metal headgasket to lower compression...best would be 1.5mm-2mm

3)need piggyback to tune at the very best..(with gsr ecu/wiring set the engine can run good) but worry if slight lean or slight rich with stock ecu...

4)manual boost controller to keep low boost

5)piping maybe 60% can use back....

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
I'm still running bot with stock fuel pump and internals and without any fuel regulator. U can check during tuning on whether your stock fuel pump can produce enough fuel during full boost and whether the fuel pressure fluctuates much to dictate to change and/or to add a fuel regulator.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
I'm still running bot with stock fuel pump and internals and without any fuel regulator. U can check during tuning on whether your stock fuel pump can produce enough fuel during full boost and whether the fuel pressure fluctuates much to dictate to change and/or to add a fuel regulator.
for how long do using these bot?....did u run high speed often?.....i am planning to do bot but i am liking to run in high speed in the highway....some says if u do bot cannot run high speed often..help me please:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, i'm driving wira 4G93T GSR engine. yesterday my car was suddenly jerk during driving. aAt those time the RPM is arround 2k to 2.5K. After that, it was happened quite often but it doesn't happened in idling time.
Is it a sympton of broken fuel pump? or ignition problems?
I opened the spark plugs but it looks normal, brown colour.
so, what is the problem actually? is it also come from my FICD that i installed?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience