no reading on boost gauge

fd58

Jan 26, 2012
singapore
www.fdrx7.com
to guys who has wastegate install in their cars . wat will happen if the vacuum hose to the wastegate is popped out , meaning leak or come out ? will ur boost gauge still be able to read the boost ? coz i was boosting juz now n then suddenli i hear a pop sound n no more wastegate sound n the boost drop to stock boost at 0.5 bar n the boost gauge is not reading at all . n the boost controller is not reading boost either . BUT the power fc controller is reading boost . tats how i manage to know it is running at stock boost now . which part break ? the boost controller valve ? or the vacuum hose ? or the sensor of the boost gauge ? but i doubt it is likely the sensor gauge .

Jaymz

Oct 27, 2011
Johor bahru
I lost my reading when the vaccum pipe was disconnected...it was running on a T connector and the one running to the sensor was dropped.. all i did was connect it back and cable tied.. solved.. :3

When i lost connection of the vaccum pipe.. my waste gate sound as loud.. i guess the turbo was losing boost..hence the awste gate dont need to work as hard..

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
I experience it once when my intercooler piping loose itself off :P Perhaps check all the vacuum lines amd the piping as well ;)

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
LOL. What a question!

So... if the vacuum hose to your waste gate pops out, shouldn't you reconnect it?

Imagine your oil line explodes. Do you get that fixed or go around asking why your oil pressure gauge not working?

If there is no vacuum on that line, those devices won't work and lots of things can screw up. Please ensure you fix that before driving around much.

fd58

Jan 26, 2012
singapore
www.fdrx7.com
how do u even noe which vacuum host drops out . u noe so much maybe can share . no need to post so much useless things . plus how the fark do i noe which part is spoil . u so expert hor like noe everything about car . wa u can be called sifu alreadi in automotive industry .

Last edited:

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Hi fd58. I'm sorry for what I said. Not sure why I said that in the first place - must have eaten some stupid.

If you have not already done so, you should get your car down to a proper mechanic. You will not be able to diagnose this problem on a forum because we would ask you to do a bunch of tests that will only frustrate you further and potentially damage your engine.

In general, there are 2 potential problems - one of your vacuum hoses or one of your solenoids has failed.

And I am assuming you are driving an FD - from your nick.

fd58

Jan 26, 2012
singapore
www.fdrx7.com
oh no worries probably one of ur friend login ur account :D . i would not be driving if i have this problem . it happens on that veri day n i was puzzled for wat happen . as it was late night alreadi no garage that i usually patronized open at that time . so of coz i park my car at home untouched . owning this type of car , it is obvious as a driver that i will not be pulling any stunt on the road to try n c wat is gonnna happen next . n u cant assume that i will be driving it around under that kind of condition . probably u came across some tards doing that . but sorri i m definitely not one of them . probably 10 years ago i will be doing that . but not now . as i have no experience on turbo cars , thus i ask on forums . isnt that what forums is all about ritez . n yes i have alreadi checked with my mechanic , one of the vacuum hose that is connected to the engine came off . so there i had it fixed . yeap i m driving an fd . it is a complicated car .