PS Powersport tuning products

satria409

Apr 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
do you realize that this thread is about products and not about how big your car is?...:thefinger:
OK taikor...NOted.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

shark79;1063952960 1. Cute said:
I agree with you, I've read this early thread some time ago and never knew still discussed until now, I'm still wondering how come a stock ECU with piggyback are better than a well known stand alone e.g. Microtech, never heard on forum, coffee shop or even under a tree workshop that stock wiring can beat a well known Haltech. Since they(PS Powersport team) will be going for next 20th May Time Attack in Sepang, go and blow them, hope that they realised what they are doing with the stock ECU. I'm confident with you since your statement is quite strong, knowledgeable person and I guess owned a fast car...we want their result rather than talk too much!:idea:

Last edited:

sleeperR34

Jul 12, 2005
Kuantan
OK taikor...NOted.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I agree with you, I've read this early thread some time ago and never knew still discussed until now, I'm still wondering how come a stock ECU with piggyback are better than a well known stand alone e.g. Microtech, never heard on forum, coffee shop or even under a tree workshop that stock wiring can beat a well known Haltech. Since they(PS Powersport team) will be going for next 20th May Time Attack in Sepang, go and blow them, hope that they realised what they are doing with the stock ECU. I'm confident with you since your statement is quite strong, knowledgeable person and I guess owned a fast car...we want their result rather than talk too much!:idea:
:biggrin::biggrin:
100% right. i totally agree there is no point to show 'PAPER HORSE POWER' (Dyno paper is = Paper tiger) to talk much n explain much,:biggrin: just show n prove that your same GTR with same RB n yrs very expert tuning in the microtech or what ever stand alone management can blow the ps Powersport RB machine in the coming sepang time attact. :biggrin: throw them 'far-far' behind u lah! :biggrin:

"PAper Tiger" look frightening but useless lah

Last edited:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
OK taikor...NOted.

Hi sorry but i have no intentions on racing anyone , my questions and intentions are genuine that is to gain knowledge of most ecu's out there, i have heard of CAN 1 and PS power 10 years back( if i can recall) and have lot of respect for them..motorsport takes a lot of dedication,time,persistency and getting best out of your machine. I hope to contribute a bit of know how which i have gained through driving for Jaspal Motorsport to this thread. All the best to PS power and their team for the up coming event

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

:biggrin::biggrin:
100% right. i totally agree there is no point to show 'PAPER HORSE POWER' (Dyno paper is = Paper tiger) to talk much n explain much,:biggrin: just show n prove that your same GTR with same RB n yrs very expert tuning in the microtech or what ever stand alone management can blow the ps Powersport RB machine in the coming sepang time attact. :biggrin: throw them 'far-far' behind u lah! :biggrin:

"PAper Tiger" look frightening but useless lah
Thanks for the encouragement and i have never dynoed my car..my tuning was done over a period of time on the road, north south expressway and mostly through feedbacks after every race (race fuel).. i will like to thank a group of dedicated old timers and Jaspal for their dedication and passion. Please note, to prep a car for drag battle,time attack or drift ex; chassis ,gearing ( ratio's, final drive to match tyre size and power output ) takes a lot of careful consideration..engine power output counts for nothing if you get this wrong..so even with 1000bhp if you cant control the car what's the point.

Last edited:

sleeperR34

Jul 12, 2005
Kuantan
Hi sorry but i have no intentions on racing anyone , my questions and intentions are genuine that is to gain knowledge of most ecu's out there, i have heard of CAN 1 and PS power 10 years back( if i can recall) and have lot of respect for them..motorsport takes a lot of dedication,time,persistency and getting best out of your machine. I hope to contribute a bit of know how which i have gained through driving for Jaspal Motorsport to this thread. All the best to PS power and their team for the up coming event

Thanks for the encouragement and i have never dynoed my car..my tuning was done over a period of time on the road, north south expressway and mostly through feedbacks after every race (race fuel).. i will like to thank a group of dedicated old timers and Jaspal for their dedication and passion. Please note, to prep a car for drag battle,time attack or drift ex; chassis ,gearing ( ratio's, final drive to match tyre size and power output ) takes a lot of careful consideration..engine power output counts for nothing if you get this wrong..so even with 1000bhp if you cant control the car what's the point.
:biggrin::biggrin: Why not lah! :biggrin: if PS Powersport tuning management is really lousy by still using stock ecu. v should very easy to blow them out with stand alone ecus lah, do not care how good is their suspension, gear box ratio & etc. or NaSa engineering pistons fitted lah!.

:biggrin: Make sure to blow them out, but not to blow the notorious RB engine with yrs famous standalone ecus. :biggrin:::biggrin:

Last edited:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
sleeper r34, don't put words in my mouth and make statements on behalf of me, i did not state that ps power is lousy all i said ecu's has its limitation.The statements you make are retarded , just say it out straightforward rather then being sarcastic . Its sad to see this kind of discussions tend to lead to negative comments like the above...no wonder a lot of people who has know how tend to distance themself from forums like this.

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
sleeper r34, don't put words in my mouth and make statements on behalf of me, i did not state that ps power is lousy all i said ecu's has its limitation.The statements you make are retarded , just say it out straightforward rather then being sarcastic . Its sad to see this kind of discussions tend to lead to negative comments like the above...no wonder a lot of people who has know how tend to distance themself from forums like this.
shark79 - Don't mind these guys bro. Typical defense mechanism of the ignorant is to totally change the topic and "ajak race lah" etc. Anything to deviate from the the real topic, why add value to the discussion when shit slinging is more macho? You're right about people distancing themselves as of now, count me in.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
At first i thought of not replying but i felt it was the right thing to do, you cant have people running their mouth with baseless statements, but i guess you are right pimpin, no wonder we are still way behind due to lack of maturity and constructive thoughts /comments. ..anyway all the best in your build.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
At first i thought of not replying but i felt it was the right thing to do, you cant have people running their mouth with baseless statements, but i guess you are right pimpin, no wonder we are still way behind due to lack of maturity and constructive thoughts /comments. ..anyway all the best in your build.
Well to be perfectly fair, CF Lo does build bulletproof engines and some of the engines he's built are not only older than I am but are still running - one came in for an overhaul and it was built in 1982. And his technical knowledge particularly when it comes to the RB engine is second to none. I dare say when it comes to Skylines, he's one of the most knowledgeable guys around and the attention to detail when building engines is something I've yet to see locally.

That being said, PS products are really targeted for the SAFC, E-Manage, etc consumers the problem being that its priced at standalone prices.

Thanks for the words of encouragement shark79, once the engine has been installed the car will be taken elsewhere for tuning as it will not be running PS-Powersport products because I need more than what PS can provide as the R34 isn't really a road car anymore by all accounts.

sleeperR34

Jul 12, 2005
Kuantan
:biggrin: that Cf Lo can build bullet proof engine so what!! any slight wrong tuning with their socall good ps power tuning still posible to smash the fragile RB, not to mention yr favorite full programmable ecu la! :biggrin: just go ahead to shout up them la! :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
:biggrin: that Cf Lo can build bullet proof engine so what!! any slight wrong tuning with their socall good ps power tuning still posible to smash the fragile RB, not to mention yr favorite full programmable ecu la! :biggrin: just go ahead to shout up them la! :biggrin:
I wish I understood what you're getting at. Firstly you're saying he can build bulletproof engines but does not matter because wrong tuning will screw it up regardless if using PS products or even standalone. So what's your point exactly? If you look at it that way, EVERY type of standalone or piggyback can fk up the best built engine.

I think we all know that by now. :banghead:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063963422 said:
Well to be perfectly fair, CF Lo does build bulletproof engines and some of the engines he's built are not only older than I am but are still running - one came in for an overhaul and it was built in 1982. And his technical knowledge particularly when it comes to the RB engine is second to none. I dare say when it comes to Skylines, he's one of the most knowledgeable guys around and the attention to detail when building engines is something I've yet to see locally.

That being said, PS products are really targeted for the SAFC, E-Manage, etc consumers the problem being that its priced at standalone prices.

Thanks for the words of encouragement shark79, once the engine has been installed the car will be taken elsewhere for tuning as it will not be running PS-Powersport products because I need more than what PS can provide as the R34 isn't really a road car anymore by all accounts.

I would like check out cf lo place i you dont mind ...and probably chat up with him regarding rebuilding my rb...i need reliability and from what you say bro ...prob he is the man .

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

That is why we run on base map while running in...you got to understand race and street driven engines are different...no one can guarantee of a bulletproof engine once you begin doing track time.

Aisey taiko, chill la why everytime ajak race...we all sudah tua la...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Fun to read...

Standalone vs piggyback... interesting discussion. But it's like comparing and apple to a pineapple...

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
Yes bro, i also like this thread and still 'following' it...:rofl:
Coz my project now is on 2zzge which is well know to work best with PowerFC...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Fun to read...

Standalone vs piggyback... interesting discussion. But it's like comparing and apple to a pineapple...
which is the apple and which is the pineapple? :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We're not exactly in the right place to receive any sort of a natural winter wonderland, but to be able to experience something like this would give folks a definite 'one-up' from those who have gone for tarmac-based driver training.

<!--more-->We don't usually think...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience