Kenari Engine (Myvi 1.3 or K3VE?)

jeff_v2

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
hi,
my almost 7years old kenari engine just jammed!!!
now looking for a new engine for my car.

huz got question weather i can only buy engine kosong+wiring for either Myvi 1.3 or K3VE to transplant to my kenari? is all the other parts still the same, (etc mounting)

or better stick to normal kenari engine?

my budget is only around 3k for all include labour... heheheehehehe...
please need ur kind help....

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Budget around 3k might be a bit less to transplant Myvi or K3ve.
Unless u really find a good deal.

jz my opinion la, im using k3ve

jeff_v2

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
how much for either engine?
found at mudah got myvi engine for 1.5k. (engine only)
if no need to go for standart engine la.

btw, beCool, wiring and mounting for kenari and k3ve engine same or not?
u got half cut or engine only?
tqtq

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Actually the mounting from Myvi and Daihatsu K3ve mounting is different.
U need to mod the mounting actually (if you buy myvi engine)

most of the people would like to use back the original YRV crossmember, change the driveshaft & arm to L9/L7 (so the tyre will not come out due to YRV is wider arm n longer drive shaft)

wiring wise actually not difficult, everything is plug n play from halfcut.
But if you buy engine lantai, wiring i think u better seek for those expert sifu to fix for you.

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
I just overhauled my 10yr old kenari, I had the same dilemma. Calculated everything and decided to overhaul. Total cost abt 3k with replaced new parts plus certain items to machine shop. Compared to changing it was a better deal for me, not to say I wanna fly with the car oso. :-)

At the end of the day, just find a good non conman mech (which is hard now a days) and you'll be fine. :-D

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
I just overhauled my 10yr old kenari, I had the same dilemma. Calculated everything and decided to overhaul. Total cost abt 3k with replaced new parts plus certain items to machine shop. Compared to changing it was a better deal for me, not to say I wanna fly with the car oso. :-)

At the end of the day, just find a good non conman mech (which is hard now a days) and you'll be fine. :-D
Yup, i truly agreed with bro olskool, actually with ready rm3k, u may send your car to good non conman mech and do the full overhaul n replace new parts. Less headache n easier.
Changing a new engine is not easy as we thought, i was thought that it is easy, but many "small parts" u need to change also for better durability. Then change rear disk brake, go puspakom inspection, jpj, then need to inform insurance company for replace new engine.

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
get yourself Storia K3ve, half cut with all meter, wiring and etc. slightly topup for the halfcut

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello 2 those who can help me out with my Kancil turbo problem.

I'm using a standard Mira turbo EFI engine on my Kancil. My idling rpm is unstable and giving a sound like a naval attack boat. It's so irritating to my ears. Some guys said that its due 2 the throttle body. They might be correct.
I tried 2 clean the system by removing the turbo intercooler and spraying the crc carburettor cleaner direct 2 the throttle body, but there was no effect. Next step I want 2 do is cleaning the MAF...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience