Help on tweeter problem

babyskiraz

Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
guys,R65CS 6.5 Inch Component Speaker Set is the component i use on and HU for now is pioneer p80rs2. From the tweeter the treble (or voice) sometimes are too sharp and I already set to AutoEQ. Before this, im using pioneer DEH-7250 and the tweeter also sound quite the same sharp. I know the tweeter is sharp, but currently im running the component set without amplifier. I heard some said that adding condenser or caps will act as HPF for the tweeter. I was wondering isit possible to do it this way and sifus please teach teach :rolleyes:

ignn_tion

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
I would recommend you to get some good wires and solder it to your tweeters. The factory wires are normally rubbish.

babyskiraz

Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I would recommend you to get some good wires and solder it to your tweeters. The factory wires are normally rubbish.
so wires are the mostly problem that causing sharper noise to be produced? so which mm wire i should go for? same size as factory?

ignn_tion

Known Member
Jun 25, 2006
so wires are the mostly problem that causing sharper noise to be produced? so which mm wire i should go for? same size as factory?
Yep, normally those factory wires causes sharp noise. Infact, if you fit any other speaker cables, you should be able to receive a much detail sound and at the same time, eliminating the sharp noise. 2 months back, a friend of mine had the same problem. I soldered an audison SL216 (16AWG, 1.15mm) speaker cable from his tweeters to his crossover to solve the "sharp noise" problem.

Try sourcing for a good speaker cable to replace your OEM tweeter cables, it should solve your problem.

babyskiraz

Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yep, normally those factory wires causes sharp noise. Infact, if you fit any other speaker cables, you should be able to receive a much detail sound and at the same time, eliminating the sharp noise. 2 months back, a friend of mine had the same problem. I soldered an audison SL216 (16AWG, 1.15mm) speaker cable from his tweeters to his crossover to solve the "sharp noise" problem.

Try sourcing for a good speaker cable to replace your OEM tweeter cables, it should solve your problem.
thanks, so for my tweeter i can use 16 gauge wire?

babyskiraz

Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
16/14 AWG they should be fine. If you want, I think there is still a meter of Audison SL216 in my room. I can't confirm that right now as I'm outstation.
oh ok, thanks for advice I dun think a meter will be enough, but u can tell me when you are available =]

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
look for some copper cables. the cheap ones are normal metal cables, thats why sound bad. in between these two types are copper coated metal cables, sound will still be sharp..

babyskiraz

Oct 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
look for some copper cables. the cheap ones are normal metal cables, thats why sound bad. in between these two types are copper coated metal cables, sound will still be sharp..
thanks for teaching, so i will pull out the head abit and then scrap it see whether its pure or just coated?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
just see the cross section closely youll know already

8voltpreout

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
Madagascar :-P
guys,R65CS 6.5 Inch Component Speaker Set is the component i use on and HU for now is pioneer p80rs2. From the tweeter the treble (or voice) sometimes are too sharp and I already set to AutoEQ. Before this, im using pioneer DEH-7250 and the tweeter also sound quite the same sharp. I know the tweeter is sharp, but currently im running the component set without amplifier. I heard some said that adding condenser or caps will act as HPF for the tweeter. I was wondering isit possible to do it this way and sifus please teach teach :rolleyes:

are you using passive xover (the boxy small thing came with the speaker set)? is your headunit LOUD/LOUDNESS on?

If you`re using passive x-over, please check the tweeter level which can be adjusted in the passive x-over, Phoenix Gold R65CS passive x-over have the tweeter level adjustment. Take out your x-over from where you put it in the car, take off the x-over cover to reveal its internal board. (no need to unplug your speaker wire) Look for something like (0dB, +2dB, +4dB, +6dB) or maybe (0dB, -2dB, -4dB, -6dB). Set it to a desired level, (usually setting this thing you can play the music and adjust it to your likeness) <thats why i asked you not to remove the tweeter`s speaker cable connected to the x-over>

If not using passive crossover, things you`ll need to check is whether LOUDNESS in the HU activate or not, dB level & x-over freq of the tweeter set in the HU.

This guide is the help you before there is any money spent (some petrol needs to be burn though LOL!) on any parts addition. Check these thing first.