Product review : ROCK OIL engine and ATF gear oil

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
there are alot of bad reviews on Pennzoil atf.
even my fren using myvi's advise to avoid this pennzoil atf for peroduas...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
there are alot of bad reviews on Pennzoil atf.
even my fren using myvi's advise to avoid this pennzoil atf for peroduas...
pennzoil kinda rock to me.
the atf seems good for my gb..
This Pennzoil I'm using is the fully syn multi-grade ATF. It's not bad for my other Myvi. I didn't burn that gearbox. :biggrin: It works fine for normal usage but for people like me I need more than "normal" since my gearbox isn't "normal" anymore after burning it out.

Interestingly enough, my FC was being affected with the Pennzoil. With Rock it seems to have gone back to normal. Perhaps because of the lower end torque difference, less flooring it to get the car moving.

i didnt know pennzoil was dat bad? iirc, its oem for toyota lubes
Pennzoil OEMs the Toyota engine oil, not gear oil I think. I use Pennzoil fully syn 5W30 for all my other cars except the Unser (that one is on 10W40, gonna get the Elf you recommended back then once this oil is due) and the Pennzoil fully syn is just fine. Works great for the price I pay for it. (Cheapest fully syn in the market)

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
nice review, i would like to see your tests once you fitted the oil pressure and temp gauge.

BTW, being in the oil and gas industry doesn't mean one will know all the brands. the industry is quite big.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i only just acquired the meters. Have to wait for my car to come back before I have them installed. Then I'll redo this test as per your suggestion

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i only just acquired the meters. Have to wait for my car to come back before I have them installed. Then I'll redo this test as per your suggestion
cool. care to share what brand of meters you got?

i am thinking of getting temp and pressure also...maybe water also.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
cool. care to share what brand of meters you got?

i am thinking of getting temp and pressure also...maybe water also.
I got a 4-in-1 Depo (brand) meter. It shows Oil press, oil temp, water temp and voltage all in one meter. Analog and digital mixed. Pretty cool if you ask me, saves a lot of dash space.

gagak_84

Jan 22, 2009
ur topic more like as a marketing gimmicks.. i understand..
the name "rock" is a funny name... i dont know , why u said this oil is so popular.. maybe shop recommend it due to high profit gain like NASA oil...
used "NASA" , everyone think this oil used to run the rocket lubricant..
if used "rock", ur engine performance will rock?

at that price.. i prefer to choose torco, lucas, motul, eneos, q8, royal purple, penzoil.... international review... i dont believe any word from local review.. i believe international review... gud luck...

right now there is so many imitation oil, maybe ur honda oil is recycle oil.. fyi honda now used new packaging which is produce by eneos itself... penzoil is reputable name.. i dont believe at all rock oil can beat it... worldwide branded name... dont takes any word here for granted...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
the name "rock" is a funny name... i dont know , why u said this oil is so popular.. maybe shop recommend it due to high profit gain like NASA oil...

at that price.. i prefer to choose torco, lucas, motul, eneos, q8, royal purple, penzoil.... international review... i dont believe any word from local review.. i believe international review... gud luck...

right now there is so many imitation oil, maybe ur honda oil is recycle oil.. fyi honda now used new packaging which is produce by eneos itself... penzoil is reputable name.. i dont believe at all rock oil can beat it... worldwide branded name... dont takes any word here for granted...
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. If you would like to sponsor some of ths costs, I could do a proper oil test like those 'international reviewers'. I will need to do at least 4 UOA tests for consistancy and a comparison oil with 4 UOAs as well. That will cost about roughly RM80 per UOA test and the cost of the engine oil itself.

Otherwise it's only just a normal 'butt' test.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Incidentally, if you have bothered to google it :

https://www.google.com.my/search?q=...e=active&redir_esc=&ei=A8oIUbnACcXYsgbirYGQCg

There are a LOT of reviews on the Rock Oil brand. All non-local.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Interesting reviews bro....checked ur google links on d product notice diff packaging..is it d same rock oil then?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

From Bridgestone and Silverstone, tyres also have Roadstone and latest Rockstone too......so they as hard as Rock.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

expensive indeed. i get the Pennzoil Platinum Multi ATF for RM80/4 liters. I'll just stick to the PP and change the ATF fluid more often.
Buy at UMW warehouse sale, around RM60 for 4 liters.....:wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

My inspira braking system not so good...anyone have idea how to improve?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience