Need Advice for deserted car.

wormyx

Known Member
Mar 2, 2008
Hi Folks,

My father's Nissan Sentra 1.5A 2001 made has been deserted for 2yrs without roadtax/insurance renewal. Now that i'm back decided to work on the car for major overhaul on the engine and refurbish the car to sell for a better price. The bank loan for the car has been settled few months back.

The workshop guy told me the engine is perfectly fine and just need to change some wear tear stuff and the car is good to go. I have planned to spray the same color for the car. Some touch up interior so it look like a real SENTRA.

What shall I do after all this refurbishment ? What is the process to get the roadtax and insurance back ? Need some advice for the sifu's.

Regards,
wOrmyX

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if road tax mati more than 1 year, the car need to be inspected before given allowed to be driven on the road.

Even the car is properly fixed and functional, it cannot be driven on the road, legally speaking. It must be towed tp JPJ for inspection, etc.
It's a hassle, but this is the correct way of doing things.

darkness3299

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
KL
you will need to sent ur car for puspakom inspection and also it need to pass the JPJ inspection as well to make sure the car is not stolen and etc. troublesome but that the best way to do it. when only it passes the inspection you can renew its roadtax mate. As for the insurance, i dont think there will be any issue if you want to get it insured, but sure they will ask you a lot of question on why never renewed for quite some time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Engine died many times, uncountable times precisely. Must be the fuckerama idling problem, need to tune.

Another question is, i'm using K&N filter for 1.6/1.8 (but mine is 1.3), will there be any problem? Right after I fix this Air filter, the problem occur.

Before this, my idling isn't that bad, but still fugged up I know. I couldn't start the car easily, have to step on the oil pedal when I turn on the ignition.

Any good workshop to do tuning?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience