Preve~Drive it to Believe it...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Gambar Proton Preve Kemalangan Dan Masalah Lain | Blog Tokobakso

chassis breaking apart. if it's 20 years old and chassis weak i can accept..but my 21 year old Nissan Sunny (when sold) also didn't crack like that. lol.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Gambar Proton Preve Kemalangan Dan Masalah Lain | Blog Tokobakso

chassis breaking apart. if it's 20 years old and chassis weak i can accept..but my 21 year old Nissan Sunny (when sold) also didn't crack like that. lol.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
hurmmmm...actually what happen with this picture?...is it because of accident or arm fall apart?...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i checked in proton FB, it happen when the car hit the divider at his right side.....then came to a stop. so damage at fender, bumper, lower arm, tire n absorber....at 1st i thought it just fall off..scary... but if its an accident then not so bad....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i checked in proton FB, it happen when the car hit the divider at his right side.....then came to a stop. so damage at fender, bumper, lower arm, tire n absorber....at 1st i thought it just fall off..scary... but if its an accident then not so bad....
Any comments about the welding issue? That's plain scary.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
that is plasma spot weld, done by robot, ugly yes, dangerous no
I see. I will take some time tomorrow to have a look at the car.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I saw this from a website and it says that the driver was driving at 120kmh .. At sentul link to duke highway there.. It's an intersection and the road is small. 120kmh if it is, then can summon the driver for speeding keke.. And it says that the driver hit the divider as he was trying to avoid a vehicle. Ermm.. Traction control?

neohadri

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
that 120km/h speed, either exaggerated by Proton or the SA guy was stupid enough to admit he was driving over speed limit

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
doesnt see much damages other than the right fender which caused by the right wheel, how true is the story?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
For the wheel pic, if it is not the parts problem, then must be engineering problem. 1st, look at the car pic, when the wheel become like this, the front lower arm must be damaged. Commonly happen is the ball joint separated from the arm. 2nd, look at the hump. If hit by high speed, the car should ran over it in stead of crushing it. Afterall, it is not a 2ft high wall. 3rd, Look at the damage from the divider, it cannot justify the damage on the car. The car is not loaded with 5 tons concrete bricks so let say the divider is 12" high and the car cannot run over it, when the car hit on it, due to the momentum make the car lighter, both the car and wall will suffer damage of cause but the weight will not able to break a ball joint housing or somewhere on the lower arm. The only reason to explain is the lower arm failed before crushing or failed during collision. If failed before incident, it can be explained as individual case before 2nd or 3rd similar cases happen. If failed during collision, then it will have big possibility of parts under spec or car engineering flaws which may effect the rest of the production.

The welding pic from tokobakso.com clearly showed that the part is hand welded but not spot welded. Based on the pattern and size, it should be MIG welded. I don't know if every preve has the same problem, but from the pic, at least 2 are out there. The only thing can explain is that there was a flaw in the manufacturing process and after they find out, they simply tag a few spot, tough up the paint and then deliver to the showroom. As it is just a door, owner can ask workshop to fix it easily.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

tinking of an doin n engine swap in jaybee pondering between visworks n speedworks any bros here any reccomendations cos price wise i feel jaybee more competitive but i dunno wat to do when inspection time comes cos they cannot help mi "pass" unlike some sg workshops where alot of ppl says can be done under table lol! some civics recc mi HV but heard pricing wise not much diff from visworks n they dun really do my type of car so pls advise...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience