Skunk2 LCAs

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Hi guys. I have some questions to ask. Many of you may have already noticed that now there are a lot of Skunk2 LCAs for sale at a cheap price. I've browse the net and the lowest price I've seen is RM250 (confirm not original laa rite?). Is is safe to use these replica LCAs? I'm afraid they might break since they're replicas and the material might not be the same like original.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
For me, anything related to the control arms, its better to go stock. Its a matter of Safety.

Replicas are even a bigger no-no, as you don't know what materials are used, how its made,quality controlled & tested.

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For me, anything related to the control arms, its better to go stock. Its a matter of Safety.

Replicas are even a bigger no-no, as you don't know what materials are used, how its made,quality controlled & tested.
agree with aalto...if for OTR

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
keep in mind that when using the LCA, ull need to use EK rear absorbers....

n the material of the arm is one thing.... while the bushing is a whole different issue altogether. i have a friend using fake S2 arms n he says theyve been doing fine all this while... but then ive also heard about LCAs breaking. luck i guess.

strongly recommend original arms and contact chris from pentagon for them... the ones on mudah are most likely fakes..oris also has lifetime warranty on their bushings

otherwise theres always other brands like hardrace...the only advantage i see S2 has over other brands is the 3 endlink mounting holes to adjust the stiffness of ur ARB...which to me, isnt really much of an advantage

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
i using D2 purple color LCA. so far so good.

wats the use actuallly, does it improve handling and performance ??

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
thanks 4 the info. yes i know that in order to use the skunk2 LCAs we need to use EK rear absorbers on EG. is there any advantages if i use the EK rear LCAs on my EG6? i've noticed that the difference between the two is EG LCA - bushing on absorber, EK LCA - bushing on LCA (if you understand what i mean) but what are the advantages of this?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

agree with aalto...if for OTR
doesn't matter if it breaks on track or on the road, it will still be dangerous.

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
thanks 4 the info. yes i know that in order to use the skunk2 LCAs we need to use EK rear absorbers on EG. is there any advantages if i use the EK rear LCAs on my EG6? i've noticed that the difference between the two is EG LCA - bushing on absorber, EK LCA - bushing on LCA (if you understand what i mean) but what are the advantages of this?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

doesn't matter if it breaks on track or on the road, it will still be dangerous.
Hi zhaf,
the EGs in States uses the EK style of LCA, probably thats why the LCA for EG does not fit our regions's EG.

I was advised against using the EK style LCA, unless you have adjustable suspension.
If you measure the stock EG arm and aftermarket LCA, the shock mount position is different. The geometry of the arms will change, the characteristic of the shock will run.

You can get this...without having to change the shock, but dunno whether the mounting hole is same with stock arm...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...90-redline-honda-civic-eg-rear-lower-arm.html

Or you can pump your bushes and reuse your stock arm

zNiPeR

Known Member
May 23, 2006
Hi zhaf,
the EGs in States uses the EK style of LCA, probably thats why the LCA for EG does not fit our regions's EG.

I was advised against using the EK style LCA, unless you have adjustable suspension.
If you measure the stock EG arm and aftermarket LCA, the shock mount position is different. The geometry of the arms will change, the characteristic of the shock will run.

You can get this...without having to change the shock, but dunno whether the mounting hole is same with stock arm...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...90-redline-honda-civic-eg-rear-lower-arm.html

Or you can pump your bushes and reuse your stock arm
Agreed with EgFan...though EK style LCA(fork type/non eyelet type) can be fitted directly into eg chassis, the overall suspension geometry will be different...learned this from previous MSS super16 racer oso...

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

stated here it was made out of 7075 aluminium grade:

while at this website it was stated that it was made out of 6061-T6 aluminium grade:
D & D Performance: REDLINE ALUMINIUM REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM FOR EG DC2

something fishy ard here:smokin::smokin:http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/smokin.gif...haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Anyone know whats the market price for this pair for bulb?
Philips Bi-Xenon head-lamps D2S 35W 85122
Someone is selling it in HERE
What i duno what price should I offer him
Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience