PS Powersport tuning products

Ken_Erai

Known Member
Dec 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063935112 said:
Thanks for the update. The owner doesn't mind you sharing pictures of the car?
How much does this all cost and how much horsepower and torque is the setup capable off?
I still consider junior in this field, hope you know for such a lucky boy like me come from a small Taiping town; and had spent couple years of attaching to some so-call best tuning shops in the capital of Malaysia; sure got excited that guru LO let me come close to the different way of upgrading technics from others in M;sia which never see of. The PS-PowerSport ‘s Response tuning series can really make me highly appreciate Guru LO and also Mr. Ben - A very rare sporting & reasonable car owner who co-ordinate with us on his machine for almost every evening time. This is for me granted this opportunity to work on how this Team PS-PowerSport M’sia tune & prepare a street driven R34 for this year Time attack schedule.

Thanks very much and highly appreciated this to both of them here!!!!!!!

*I have no money deal for this PS-PowerSport tuning program between Mr. LO & Mr. Ben.

Updating this RB tuning program herewith:

The stock RB26 cams with the advances that have being improve in the breathing ability in design & operation is complex, they use long ramps in order to lift and seat all valves gently. It is not often desirable to employ much hotter cams’ times to improve performance. By fully utilized the longer piston dwell time of the taller RB30, stock cams are still suitable for road circuit with little loss in low end power while vary the lobe separation angles to aid more cylinder filling at high rpm.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I still consider junior in this field, hope you know for such a lucky boy like me come from a small Taiping town; and had spent couple years of attaching to some so-call best tuning shops in the capital of Malaysia; sure got excited that guru LO let me come close to the different way of upgrading technics from others in M;sia which never see of. The PS-PowerSport ‘s Response tuning series can really make me highly appreciate Guru LO and also Mr. Ben - A very rare sporting & reasonable car owner who co-ordinate with us on his machine for almost every evening time. This is for me granted this opportunity to work on how this Team PS-PowerSport M’sia tune & prepare a street driven R34 for this year Time attack schedule.

Thanks very much and highly appreciated this to both of them here!!!!!!!

*I have no money deal for this PS-PowerSport tuning program between Mr. LO & Mr. Ben.

Updating this RB tuning program herewith:

The stock RB26 cams with the advances that have being improve in the breathing ability in design & operation is complex, they use long ramps in order to lift and seat all valves gently. It is not often desirable to employ much hotter cams’ times to improve performance. By fully utilized the longer piston dwell time of the taller RB30, stock cams are still suitable for road circuit with little loss in low end power while vary the lobe separation angles to aid more cylinder filling at high rpm.
Good to hear you've gained a lot of knowledge however we sure need more info. I looked up on the PS Powersport website and this Response program seems like a Stage II modification for cars. Can you list down all the various PS Powersport items to be installed in the GTR and what they cost? From what I know PS products are expensive individually so how many PS products must this GTR use and the cost vs a full standalone would be?

How did the engine start first time with the large injectors? I assume the GTR is running stock ECU with the PS products piggybacked? Is it running AFMs or MAP? How is the car running? Will it be dyno tuned or how?

kanthang

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So suprised, C.F.Lo kena shoot here for nothing :rolleyes:
I'm one of his good friend n no doubt he has a lot of friends outside there coz maybe bcoz of his friendly character. I'm also a PS user and also help him to sell a few unit of his product, from my side, I dont know much abt his income n other PS sales ppl, but it is not easy for me to sell coz in a automobile market customer has many choices. I feel that there is nothing to fight or argue which one is the best, just ask your customer whether he wants or not, for me, I'd never force my friend nor my cust to use PS, they have choices, just explain what do you support, get it fixed or else he can go for others.
Some said it's a stone ages device that's using only a knob but for me it is enough to support my mods for e.g. after installing a pair of hicam n others supportive mods, I did the tuning by myself without being a so-called professional tuner, my car ran very well, somemore being a inexperience tuner like me only takes 30mins to get it run. For comparison, I've got another friend fixed an stroker into his 4age n using another brand of piggyback (not to mentioned what brand here) didn't get it right from morning until sunset. May be he also has lack of experience and I'm not saying I'm good esp compared to you all as pro tuner but look at that time consumed, 30mins is just my requirement, don't ask me to show my dyno chart here coz I'm not into that level, I'm doing it just for my hobby an my own satisfaction.
If I were to meet 10 of my friends or cust today guess how many of them going for race in SDB? for watching, YES. n For CFLo also yes, he was in SDB before n may be a few others but don't assumed that all car enthusiasts must go for big hp, go SDB, sunday track or go drift..most of us is just driving a normal daily driven car that can do good accelaration or may be slighty better, stop when needed n no unwanted jerking or laggy.
So, for me it is inappropriate to condemn others what's thier preference, same goes If I'm a fan for MUFC, what can Liverpool's fan can say? PS Powersport has it's own market and most of them seems to be a matured ppl, and you competitor, must already have your own quality to talk about, if you win SDB, just tell others, announce it here , your supporters must be happy. Those who talk n joking abt black Skyline R32, I'm sure he can accept your critics but make sure you have better than what it has under the hood:biggrin:

:sleep: Don't scared of PS, it wont bite you, as for me, I'm not scared of others coz Nobody bites nobody...
************************************************************************************
I couldnt agree more. I am also a normal everyday user who has done light modifications to a standard car. not to be bias, but i ran into the issue of management a long time ago and it were the most ANNOYING moments of my life. when i ran into mr cf lo, he seemed like an angel.. (prob exaggerated) but my point is, those management issues were solved with simple, efficient, and cont conscious tuning efforts. obviously, i was exposed to a lot of powersport gadgets (not everything but the ones relevant to my issues) from an individual point of view i feel that his approach is more suitable for commercial utilization. i am not very acquainted to technical details of the products unfortunately, but i can elaborate on the performance it yields.

From a general point of view (i could be wrong about this), the discussion seems to contrast 2 ends of a generalised issue of engine management. on one end you have the racing scenario and on the other you have a commercial circumstance. i suppose as the moderator put it earlier, advancements are inevitable and there are more products coming out in recent times offering better flexibility and agility in terms of tuning and customization. the effort towards perfection is close to being endless, i mean look at formula 1. but then again, for something that is to be used commercially by someone like me, PS is and will def be the choice over many others. i am not saying this because i know the wiring of this product or what it puts out on the dyno chart. i am just a user who experiences the output of that product and i dare say that i am more than satisfied so much so that i am not really bothered about the technical details or what another machine has to tell me about my "driving thrills"

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
GUYS!

Please read between the lines. No one questioned the PS product users. All their users all have nothing but praise which is fine and dandy. But after 23 pages of discussion (heated to some extent), only one person has offered what was a semi technical perspective of the products capabilities and that was what those debaters wanted, a technical explanation and hopefully further discussion on the technical explanation. We're not looking for feedback. We just want to know how it works.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
wahh the RB30 very hebat lo!!! how does the PS-Powersport relate? all I see is the mighty engine and how its anjua anjua hebat. and this super tuning programe called PS-PowerSport ‘s Response tuning.

LESPOND TUNING, wah lau! means i pick my nose while driving it will lespond and lower the engine output and vibrate less so the boogie won't vibrate and fall off my fingernail?

enough with the smokescreen and get to the point, how the PS Powersport work (or doesn't work). PIMPIN offered his car, and without a doubt if it performs better than his PowerFC I see no reason why he won't buy it. what happened to the free test offer? why now all talk only? you want to talk about the build, tell us how it relates with PS-Powersport, how the products work with the build, show us graphs, show us dynos. don't show us pictures of a nice engine that has nothing to do with PS-Powersport products and some [strike]bullshit[/strike] story.

doing that is no different than taking a HKS build engine, put on a surbo and call it Vurbo and saying your shit works. that's just rude and insulting our intelligence.

seriously la, walk the talk or just shut up. this is zerotohundred.com not paul tan or lowyat. want to find idiots who believe in surbo, air compressor or a few capacitors in a box with a fancy sticker that gives you POWAH..go play far far.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
you just jealous of my boat.

kanthang

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
23 pages of feedback and still no technical feedback like u guys anticipated.i should def apologize if my feedback digressed away from the topic.

but since u all know whos the man behind this product and how this guy has solved so many of our problems. y dont u guys just book an appointment with him and throw all your questions at him. i am sure he will not hesitate to clear your doubts, ANY IF VALID, that is if you REALLY want to know how PS products work. this is with regards to what his affiliates have clearly stated about him not being too fond of internet forums.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Honestly I would love to do that, but my poor command of cantonese and malay leaves me at a disadvantage. But since I've already gotten my piggyback, no matter la. Some other time if I need further upgrades or if he one day finds the need to go online to expand his business.

Everything's the internet these days.

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Holy Cow i just read 23 pages and realized that i still don't know much about PS products !!! Like the RB30 project which is coming in nicely but still, i haven't learned much about PS products....

Btw .. I still haven't learned much about PS products....

Sorry just repeating myself cause i read 23 pages and in the end it goes

TO BE CONTINUED......

ARGHhhhhh...

sleeperR34

Jul 12, 2005
Kuantan
:biggrin::biggrin: Ya! ya, betul. trend now is nobody bother how lousy or ……... Of any standalone or china products use for our sports car, v only care of the good ps-power tuning products lah! Every day I eagerly hope any ps experts (make sure F.O.C) to teach i why ? n how ? PS products can work beautifully, bcause i still haven’t know much about it after reading 20 over pages! :biggrin:

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
Are they any PS products for auto tranny angine..example er34 auto
to control

Air fuel Ratio
Fueling
Ignition Timing
Injectors
Auto Shift point/RPM speed or do i have to get a seperate module for this

Thanks

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sepang International Circuit played host to Shell Malaysia's launch of their enhanced motor oils today, which now includes a brand new ‘Fuel Economy’ product in order to cater for the growing market demand for higher fuel efficiency by upgrading...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience