mods on Accord CF4

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hi guys,

My friend is facing problems on his CL1 euro R gerabox. The problem is he facing crunch sound & hard to change to 5th gear from 4th gear when high rev. Below 3k rpm no problem.

Is it syncho problem? Or change gearbox oil can be settle?

Is it normal problem for Euro R gearbox?

jdm_jdm

Known Member
Feb 24, 2009
Penang
Hi guys,

My friend is facing problems on his CL1 euro R gerabox. The problem is he facing crunch sound & hard to change to 5th gear from 4th gear when high rev. Below 3k rpm no problem.

Transmission grind d..... Someone miss shift badly before .

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Hi guys,

● Crunch sound while high revving gear change
● Hard to engage gear during redline

It's mainly due to the retainer spring on your clutch plate...

BTW, If u are using stock clutch, don't rembat2 that much - if not this will happened so soon.

Go and change to new clutch..this time by racing type if u are a racingboy! kekekekekeke

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
So busy logging in so many forums.....

ANyway.....any of ur frens suffer problems again with VW ?

My bro....his 1.4TSI.....if rev to max....all lights at the dash lights up !~ Terrible....hahaa
abe fobs.. size??

sato san, vw seems to have a lot of problems.. my friends gbox just kong..
contis.......trust only merc, just merc

Hi guys,

had this problem when i first bought my car......solution to this, just pour mineral based engine oil to the gearbox, use only 20w-50 grade, and always service at 5000km interval

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
contis.......trust only merc, just merc

had this problem when i first bought my car......solution to this, just pour mineral based engine oil to the gearbox, use only 20w-50 grade, and always service at 5000km interval
Engine oil into gearbox? then no more sound at all & no more problem on your gearbox?

So should I change the clutch 1st? Will this happen if the clutch going to finish soon?

I am using stock clutch...Why stock clutch can't change gear on high rev so frequent?

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
Engine oil into gearbox? then no more sound at all & no more problem on your gearbox?

So should I change the clutch 1st? Will this happen if the clutch going to finish soon?

I am using stock clutch...Why stock clutch can't change gear on high rev so frequent?
problem solved immediately after using the oil, no sound, no crunching, u will shift smoothly afterwards...i've been using the oil almost 4 years now, also in sepang track, no issues at all!!

and it's nothing to do with ur clutch, unless the clutch pump also got problem, better check for leakage

Even merc also kong gearbox.....especially the latest models

Having issues with the ABS also......

A merc mechanic told me....
meh??? we never face any problem with our mercs.....

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
Hi guys,

ceffy_999.. i faced the same problem on my sir-t and also on my cl1.. 1st adjust the clutch pedal higher..then try.. if cannot try mtf3 honda gbox oil.. solved my problem.. still cannot it means taking the gbox apart.

awitgg

Known Member
Dec 19, 2005
Hi & Salam All, long time since last check in the thread. Just to infom that im selling my subaru impreza wrx sti 03/08.. Pls check out the market place for more info. Tq2...

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
ceffy_999.. i faced the same problem on my sir-t and also on my cl1.. 1st adjust the clutch pedal higher..then try.. if cannot try mtf3 honda gbox oil.. solved my problem.. still cannot it means taking the gbox apart.
Yesterday just change the gearbox oil & check the clutch pump already (no problem). Still facing the same problem. Plan to remove the gearbox next month to check & change the clutch & clutch cover as well.

1. Just wondering if it's syncro problem, how much would it be to buy a brand new syncro replacement? The syncro is only for 4th to 5th gear?

2. Can the syncro be repair? As some foreman said it might can be repair.

wan_iswandy

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2007
alwhitesat said:
problem solved immediately after using the oil, no sound, no crunching, u will shift smoothly afterwards...i've been using the oil almost 4 years now, also in sepang track, no issues at all!!.
I used to have same prob with my sir-t.. Replaced gearbox oil with 20w 50 engine oil, same as alwi.. 2 years already, no more gear synchro issue..

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
I used to have same prob with my sir-t.. Replaced gearbox oil with 20w 50 engine oil, same as alwi.. 2 years already, no more gear synchro issue..
Then I will try the 20W 50 engine oil. By the way, any engine oil which is rated at 20W 50 will do?
And also how frequent need to change the engine oil on gearbox? 5000km or 10000km?

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
Yesterday just change the gearbox oil & check the clutch pump already (no problem). Still facing the same problem. Plan to remove the gearbox next month to check & change the clutch & clutch cover as well.

1. Just wondering if it's syncro problem, how much would it be to buy a brand new syncro replacement? The syncro is only for 4th to 5th gear?

2. Can the syncro be repair? As some foreman said it might can be repair.
what oil did you use?? i asked about the the syncro was around 600 plus..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

News in the grapevines are singing the tunes of a return to the World Rally Championship for Mini together with Prodrive and an announcement is expected this week, if the sources at Autosports are to be believed.

The 1.6-liter turbocharged BMW lump that will propel Mini’s first ever rally car, to be based on the Countryman, has just...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience