Difference between TEIN SS & TEIN FLEX

nightwatchman

Dec 21, 2008
yeah...... me too agree that tein SS would be one of the softer high end adjustables.... main diff would be that its not mono tube, thus giving it the comfort due to longer stroke, but not designed for track focused application or when lap times matters........

if daily driving, long distance driving, carrying the family to places but still wants something better than OEM (more on harder damper and adjustability) then SS will do,.... if u really worried about comfort, better not change the OEM ones cos thats the best..... there is always give and take..... comparable to tein SS i would recommend TITAN.....made in malaysia but may be customised according to your liking........

other than that, all performance oriented..... bear in mind harsh handling on uneven roads, rattling sounds (from the glove box, coin box,etc, heheheh), your badan also feel a bit jittery over long distance driving are all symtoms of a high end high performance adjustables.... but all worth it when you whack the car in n out of bends (given enough experience, sanity n skills), zigzagging between lanes, robust feel under hard braking and acceleration or combined, or any performance driving sessions....:driver:

i rest my case.....hope this helps u n others

FYI now im on tein SS:listen:.....(experienced with adj brands such as tein mono, tein flex, cusco, ohlins and hks hipermax)
Titan seems like a good idea.. I'll google about titan, ask around...

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
So for local brand or not so branded... we have Titan and RCS...

recently came across one called themselve "API - Australian Performance Innovation" based in Singapore... very vague background, all I know is it is being brought in by a workshop who special in Subaru, claimed he mixed and matched the component and have them assembled in Taiwan....

the brand, API - Australia Performance Innovation sounf misleading with product assembled in taiwan and no history and background of its R&D.... market by a company establish in Singapore...

:)

Not too sure about Titan, but personally, I tink RCS has the "best" background, if they are honest abou their Lotus experience. :P can post CV and reference in lotus to cross check like job interview :P hahaha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
for Japanese aftermarket suspensions..they always publish some basic info like spring rates available and range of lowering.. between FLEX & SS... FLEX is independent hi/lo aka full length adjustable, and SS adjusts "hi/lo" via spring seat..so its not a "true" hi/lo in that sense.. from an engineering perspective FLEX is the superior suspension over the SS. I'm quite sure it is priced accordingly as well. definitely take the flex lor if can afford it

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
tein flex is a definite choice, but not sure they still producing it. so far i heard monoflex is good but very stiff.
coming back to tein flex, its stiff but not bumpy cos the spring setup are for comfort n performance. using it for my CT9A and its great handling and comfort ride until i sold it....

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Major difference between the two is the tube design. Tien SS or Super Soft is a twin tube. Where the Tein MonoFlex as the name suggest is an inverted monotube. The design affects the performance is the shockers. Twin tube when abused tend to overheat an loose performance. Try whacking the SS on track and it looses predicability after a while. Where the monotube with the single large tube has better performance and heat handling characteristics. You would really want the SS for street use and the Flex/MonoFlex for some track day and street/winding road or that's what the japs call it. For dedicated track use. Prefer teins super racing. I have used both SS and Flex on the same car. For a daily driver SS is preferred. For a weekend car. Go for the MonoFlex.

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
After all it's a very good and informative discussion. Thanks to bro nightwatchman for the post as we share the same dilemma. Now the cloud is clear to me..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Major difference between the two is the tube design. Tien SS or Super Soft is a twin tube. Where the Tein MonoFlex as the name suggest is an inverted monotube. The design affects the performance is the shockers. Twin tube when abused tend to overheat an loose performance. Try whacking the SS on track and it looses predicability after a while. Where the monotube with the single large tube has better performance and heat handling characteristics. You would really want the SS for street use and the Flex/MonoFlex for some track day and street/winding road or that's what the japs call it. For dedicated track use. Prefer teins super racing. I have used both SS and Flex on the same car. For a daily driver SS is preferred. For a weekend car. Go for the MonoFlex.
true...

but take note that there are 2 versions of flex....

Tein Flex is twintube
Tein Monoflex is monotube.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
difren suspension/chasis designs & difren purpose of application, determine the Monotube or Twintube... such, for Honda EK9 mostly Monotube, but for Evo 7-9 mostly r Twintube... no matter its a Flex or Monoflex...
got budget, get Monoflex... MSV really makes the difren..

pedanglaut

Oct 2, 2009
Petaling Jaya
tein flex is a definite choice, but not sure they still producing it. so far i heard monoflex is good but very stiff.
coming back to tein flex, its stiff but not bumpy cos the spring setup are for comfort n performance. using it for my CT9A and its great handling and comfort ride until i sold it....
Sorry for reviving old thread, bro EvolutionZ, do u still remember your type flex spring rates, front & rear?plan to get it for my e7..isit wise to buy it with EDFC?halfcut condition though, can't afford new one:biggrin:..tQ