need advise on 4e-fte to savvy swap

hondadiehardfans

Dec 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi all sifus, just got my 4e-fte hafkat for 3300. need advice on the good workshop for this swap.
i,ve benn calling several w/shop. izit normal for the swap to cost about 8-9k including the halfcut? i.ve never experienced any savvy swap. please help all sifus. cheers.thanks in advance

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
8-9k incl yr hafcut 3.3k, wow, labour 4.7-5.7k is a lot bro..usually ppl charge between 1.5-2.5k for engine conversion..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
it's not easy to put a Toyota engine into a Proton chassis..

of coz they'll charge higher..

need to customized a lot of things..

Gudluck :burnout:

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
i can recommend my foreman... He's done it before.. Yup, many customization, need approval for this and that... PM me for further info. Thx.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hmmm, thr's no other option besides the 4e-fte?..

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
it's not easy to put a Toyota engine into a Proton chassis..

of coz they'll charge higher..

need to customized a lot of things..

Gudluck :burnout:
agree with u...and my be must spend more...custumized proper mounting,wiring,meter,acc,feul tank,drive shaft,brake sistem.exos and many more to say.

hondadiehardfans

Dec 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
8-9k incl yr hafcut 3.3k, wow, labour 4.7-5.7k is a lot bro..usually ppl charge between 1.5-2.5k for engine conversion..
ya bro, thats what i tot. but many says that its pain in the ass to put tat engine lar.aiyoo.pening la

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

agree with u...and my be must spend more...custumized proper mounting,wiring,meter,acc,feul tank,drive shaft,brake sistem.exos and many more to say.
wow bro. is there any option than 4e? im kinda freak out la. izit that hard ?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
ditch the project, change car..save all the hassle..

hondadiehardfans

Dec 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ditch the project, change car..save all the hassle..
wow bro.. heheheh. no point selling that car. the AMT tranny broke d la bro. goin 2 protonn that day, i was freakin shock. AMT gearbox plus upah and all, it 15k. :banghead:
juz wanna fix this shit up, and then i sell it.xtahan la dis car, expensive parts

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds like a guy i met in an esso, he is having the same problem as u described here hondadieetc. was dat u ke? anyway, for the issue at hand, if the problem is with the amt shitebox, then get urself a manual tranny and u'll be good to go. the savvy engine is quite reliable imo

hondadiehardfans

Dec 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sounds like a guy i met in an esso, he is having the same problem as u described here hondadieetc. was dat u ke? anyway, for the issue at hand, if the problem is with the amt shitebox, then get urself a manual tranny and u'll be good to go. the savvy engine is quite reliable imo
hahah. maybe its me. still consider about the manual tranny. but still expensive if bought new. yup.the engine is good,suspension and all are good, the main problem are the AMT SHITEBOX as u mention . thanx for the advise bro. still consider about the 4e or m/t swap.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Oh if dats the case then see if any used manual transmission available..i tot the reason u wanna swap engine is for power..

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
wow bro.. heheheh. no point selling that car. the AMT tranny broke d la bro. goin 2 protonn that day, i was freakin shock. AMT gearbox plus upah and all, it 15k. :banghead:
juz wanna fix this shit up, and then i sell it.xtahan la dis car, expensive parts
what kind of gb failure? i was lucky enough, i've nearly bought the car three years ago. but ended up with those under power satria neo. my pv6 consume better then that. human being aren't perfect in making decision. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

i think the gb is durable because it's an ordinary MT gb. but it use a robotic device to change the gear. if the robotic thingy broken it's quite cheap to repair. didn't reach thounsand. try to join savvy club. the knew where to get it fixed. trust me. :nurse:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yeah, its d clutch electrical actuator dat is making all the fuss.. maybe u shud consider peeche's advice highly sir, seems like a better option imo

hondadiehardfans

Dec 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yeah, its d clutch electrical actuator dat is making all the fuss.. maybe u shud consider peeche's advice highly sir, seems like a better option imo
yaa. i shud ask the savvy club members la, for a better option.. my savvy now cannot shift to 5th gear and cannot reverse. oredi ask the pomens, they said that maybe its because of the robotic components, but no guaranteed . but that robotic thingy come in a set, and plus tuning, cost me about 5k.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

what kind of gb failure? i was lucky enough, i've nearly bought the car three years ago. but ended up with those under power satria neo. my pv6 consume better then that. human being aren't perfect in making decision. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

i think the gb is durable because it's an ordinary MT gb. but it use a robotic device to change the gear. if the robotic thingy broken it's quite cheap to repair. didn't reach thounsand. try to join savvy club. the knew where to get it fixed. trust me. :nurse:
thanx fer the advice bro. yaa, maybe they know better. cannot trust pomen la dis days. ill try approach them savvy members and ask for the solution. thanx mate.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Castrol, the proud sponsor of the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament just concluded their first phase of their "Castrol Ada Kick" contest where thousand of participants have been filtered down to a final 20 in order to do battle in the next phase, just to stand a chance to win an all-expense paid dream trip to watch the UEFA EURO 2012 live in Poland in June 2012!

<!--more-->Designed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience