Problem on B16a Turbo

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
hi, im newbie here. i had bought a B16a BOT last year, recently i feel that when my car on boost then my car will jerks, my ECU rechip. I felt that my o2 sensor damaged so the ECU cannot scan the gasses out from the exhaust then did not know how much fuel to inject to the engine.. is it this problem ?
another causes i think is my fuel is too lean to give the engine.. but before no happen this before...

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
they can be a lot of causes....as u said, it can be the faulty sensor...and the fuel map is running to lean or a faulty ignition...dont forget that a larger injector and fuel regulator is recommended ...using BOT...it's better to have a good piggyback unit or better...a standalone ECU... bring it to a reputable workshop and check it out bro...kinda dangerous running your engine with that condition...

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
they can be a lot of causes....as u said, it can be the faulty sensor...and the fuel map is running to lean or a faulty ignition...dont forget that a larger injector and fuel regulator is recommended ...using BOT...it's better to have a good piggyback unit or better...a standalone ECU... bring it to a reputable workshop and check it out bro...kinda dangerous running your engine with that condition...
i got a larger injector and works fuel regulator.. just i current find out the cause is the o2 sensor, because i just bought a A/F meter then its not works.. so i think is o2 sensor problem.. should i change it first then only see the problem will occur again o not ?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
N pls get proper management...emanage minimum or better hondata...rechip is not proper management

The mapping in the chip may not be suitabke for ur engine...

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
yup, change o2 sensor, and another thing, check ur fuel pump pressure too..
currently my o2 sensor is 2 wires one, can i use 1 wires one ?

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

N pls get proper management...emanage minimum or better hondata...rechip is not proper management

Thanks madman, i planning to get an emanage soon, hondata i think no tuner here, im at sarawak...
AFC neo or VAFC enough for me ?

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Beside that, i also feel my car voltage kinda low, when start car should be around 14.4V is it ? but mine only 12.6V~
is it my alternator kaput ? if i change , i need change back B16a one or other model engine of honda also can ?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

how bout that chip is fully tuned,mapped on a dyno special for ur car before put into ur ecu? mean not buy those so called spoon chip and pnp without tuning according to your own vehicle ...:confused::confused:

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

jackie,which 1 is ur car huh? i from kuching also, ur car tuned on dyno for the chip or u buy chip pnp only?

EGfan

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
i got a larger injector and works fuel regulator.. just i current find out the cause is the o2 sensor, because i just bought a A/F meter then its not works.. so i think is o2 sensor problem.. should i change it first then only see the problem will occur again o not ?
Hi jackie8118,
you car jerks might be due to a lot of factors. You mean your car was running fine all this while, lately only jerking? Check other simple things first, loose vacuum hose, spark plugs, ignition timing.
map sensor, tps...

OBD1 02 sensor is 4 wire, you must be using the EF B16a? O2 sensor usually does not 100% affect the fueling as it only feedbacks to the ECU during close loop. Once open loop, it does not rely on it. If O2 sensor is dead, you should also get a CEL.

Are the jerks during low revs or high revs? Do you have a boost meter? If yes, at what range does the jerkiness comes in?

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
currently my o2 sensor is 2 wires one, can i use 1 wires one ?

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Thanks madman, i planning to get an emanage soon, hondata i think no tuner here, im at sarawak...

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Beside that, i also feel my car voltage kinda low, when start car should be around 14.4V is it ? but mine only 12.6V~
is it my alternator kaput ? if i change , i need change back B16a one or other model engine of honda also can ?

Hi jackie, which part of sarawak are u from? If u are from kuching, i can recomend u to go to Mui Sin workshop at 5th mile there to tune your hondata. I'll say he is one of the reputable tuner for hondata in kuching. Otherwise u can tune your e-manage at pro dyno at sejingkat. Mine is fitted with e-manage blue and i got it tuned at pro dyno too.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no...those only has minimal a/f setings... better to have something that can give ur a/f a finer tune as well as tune ur ignition timing... which btw, when i said e-manage, i meant including the ignition harness.

how bout that chip is fully tuned,mapped on a dyno special for ur car before put into ur ecu? mean not buy those so called spoon chip and pnp without tuning according to your own vehicle ...:confused::confused:
if the chip is custom tuned to ur engine and includes good a/f mappings as well as good ignition mapping and watever else needed... then id say its alright.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
shouldn't the engine check light ON when there's a faulty sensor?

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

jackie,which 1 is ur car huh? i from kuching also, ur car tuned on dyno for the chip or u buy chip pnp only?
hi peterj, im from miri, the previous owner told me had rechip only.. i think the owner only send the ECU go to rechip..

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Hi jackie8118,
you car jerks might be due to a lot of factors. You mean your car was running fine all this while, lately only jerking? Check other simple things first, loose vacuum hose, spark plugs, ignition timing.
map sensor, tps...

OBD1 02 sensor is 4 wire, you must be using the EF B16a? O2 sensor usually does not 100% affect the fueling as it only feedbacks to the ECU during close loop. Once open loop, it does not rely on it. If O2 sensor is dead, you should also get a CEL.

Are the jerks during low revs or high revs? Do you have a boost meter? If yes, at what range does the jerkiness comes in?
yes.. the car was running well before, just a bit lean when i boost.. i had check all the simple thing, only the spark plug are black n quiet rich when im not boost..
mine is OBD0 , i think is 2 wire only.

my jerks only come when boost start from 0.1 bar.. below boost all are fine.. only recent i install my AFR meter then only know my o2 is fault..

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Hi jackie, which part of sarawak are u from? If u are from kuching, i can recomend u to go to Mui Sin workshop at 5th mile there to tune your hondata. I'll say he is one of the reputable tuner for hondata in kuching. Otherwise u can tune your e-manage at pro dyno at sejingkat. Mine is fitted with e-manage blue and i got it tuned at pro dyno too.
too bad im from miri, no dyno machine here...

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

no...those only has minimal a/f setings... better to have something that can give ur a/f a finer tune as well as tune ur ignition timing... which btw, when i said e-manage, i meant including the ignition harness.

if the chip is custom tuned to ur engine and includes good a/f mappings as well as good ignition mapping and watever else needed... then id say its alright.
mean if i use e-manage then i also need buy the ignition hardness is it ? but i heard vtec hardness with others car is different one?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

shouldn't the engine check light ON when there's a faulty sensor?
i didnt realize the engine light... OMG...
i think the previous owner no hook the check engine light.. cause i still using my old dashboard which is carburettor meter... :banghead:
can i just connect a led from ECU as my check engine light ?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
not sure about the harness difference... but a friend of mine custom made the ignition harness...not sure where or wat he did... he just told me he made one.

OBD0? means small vtec? small vtecs has an led light at the ecu which flashes the error code... have u tried looking at the ecu and see if theres an error code?

jackie8118

Known Member
Jun 9, 2011
Tawau , Sabah
not sure about the harness difference... but a friend of mine custom made the ignition harness...not sure where or wat he did... he just told me he made one.

OBD0? means small vtec? small vtecs has an led light at the ecu which flashes the error code... have u tried looking at the ecu and see if theres an error code?

my ECU is look like this, u mean the led will flash inside the round glass there ? need jumper then only the led will flash or ?

ya, mine is small Vtec, beside that, can i use big Vtec cam in my engine ? i hear ppl say Turbo vtec better dont in high cam.. :confused:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no need jumper... if theres an error itll flash at the round window.

yes can use big v cams...can even use type r cams

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi Master there,
i'm a junior in this scene.
I wish to convert my 4g15 dohc 16V to 4g93t,is it possible?
if ok,then the 4g93t should be in range of 96-98 version,rite?
1. i got ask 1 workshop,to complete the conversion,i need to pay around 7K++,is it ok?
2. then my dashboard and many xtra should be match as the halfcut,rite?so may i retain my original dashboard and xtra?And my car is original 4wd,is that need to b locked 4 the conversion?
3.so if the dashboard and the xtra thing is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience