How fast is Caldina GT4 ?

had

Nov 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

Wanted to share with all Caldina GT-4 onwers. I have contacted my ex-Director in Japan and asking his comment on the Japanese fuel/gas rating. As we all knew, GT-4 was required and stated "Premium Unleaded Fuel" in it catalog.

Kindly refer to the find-out from my ex-Director.

Premium Unleaded Fuel = RON96
Normal Unleaded Fuel = RON89

Both mentioned fuel above was available in Japan market now. He advised me to use RON97 but if want to save $$$ RON95 should not be any issue.

He is driving Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Japan and a hardcore Subaru supporter.

saweet999

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
it is over rated speed wise, it is for going long distance on highway more than racing. it looks cool though. my friend lent me his gt4 and i drove it from kl to melaka. it feels like a heavy car, there is power but u gotta wait for it.

Last edited:

MetalMic

Nov 15, 2004
Cheaper option will be Pivot Speed Meter V... :D

sky_vspec

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
Drove a friend's GT4 some time ago, all I can say is it feels a bit sluggish at start due to AT trans but once the turbo spooled, you'll be blessed with the torque. It's a good car, ease of use at its best. I myself would consider owning 1 of these when it comes to MPVs. Looks good, well equipped, comfortable enough on long journeys and reliable.

Along3SGE

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i'm driving 2nd gen caldina with 3SGE Beams greytop Auto trany with power & manual ECT 2WD..... in paper its rate 190hp (200hp redtop)

I tested my caldina with Toyota LE with BT 5 speed, as a result at the start,LE take off quickly and my caldina able to follow and after a while LE got smoke from my caldina. also on the highway I chase Lexus CT200H n civic FD 2.0(not FD2R), still a good respond from my caldina.Tested with my friend Lancer GT & E46(320...but only 1.9cc) at NKVE after 3am (back from working night shift) from Damansara to Jelutung, result...... what your opinion ....guesss

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
i'm driving 2nd gen caldina with 3SGE Beams greytop Auto trany with power & manual ECT 2WD..... in paper its rate 190hp (200hp redtop)

I tested my caldina with Toyota LE with BT 5 speed, as a result at the start,LE take off quickly and my caldina able to follow and after a while LE got smoke from my caldina. also on the highway I chase Lexus CT200H n civic FD 2.0(not FD2R), still a good respond from my caldina.Tested with my friend Lancer GT & E46(320...but only 1.9cc) at NKVE after 3am (back from working night shift) from Damansara to Jelutung, result...... what your opinion ....guesss
lol...LE wif BT...how about LE wif gze's engine??...still can beat ?...:D

Along3SGE

Mar 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
4AGZE totally different bro.......supercharge vs NA sure NA makan asap....if NA banyak toyol inside...different story also.

halycon

Sep 28, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Watch tis video from Best Motoring Japan on the battle of station wagons - Caldina GT4 vs Volvo V70 T5 vs Audi RS6 vs Subaru 2.0 GT Spec B

Caldina don't rank very well on the track. :-)

Dailymotion

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
If stock to stock, 4agze lose to BT 6 speed, thats why toyota stopped producing superchargers when they release the blacktop.

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
why am i seeing the comparison is always biased ?
its either 1.6 vs 2.0 or turbo vs non turbo

Something like this .
if u were to find out a fair result from test drive, i think its the best choice to compare same category .

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
was tailaiting caldina at sungai besi seremban highway.. still can follow but during acceleration(starting accelerate @130), it left me behind slowly until speed reach around 170, manage to stick back at its back..perhaps it still got speed cut..then on the way from kelantan to KL, @ bukit 7 up until padang tengku..tailgaiting an n spec caldina..got many car that time..can't reach very high speed..but when overtake, it manage to accelerate nicely from mid speed. i need to struggle and redlining to follow.. was using ae92 with blacktop 6 speed that time..when i was using st171 with 3sgte, @ bukit 7 also, follow a caldina zt, that time speed around 80-90, was using 4th gear..can see the caldina struggling and end up with black smoke come out from exhaust during the hill climb..but during corner, it seems very stable compared to my old car..haha..in loved with that car at first time saw it..nice car..wish can own one someday..some more, it already face out..so, it would be the latest version of caldina forever...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi stanley...

got some questions for 'titan'ing a myvi...i heard there are 2 running around...i have some queries...might want to be 'titan'ed again...

1) do u guys cut the rear springs to get the lowered ride height? if not what do u do?
2) how much? got discount for ex customer ar?
3) did u guys manage to match the dampening for the rear with the front? compared to kelisa last time which was bouncy due to the light weight...
4) are u guys using the same specs of kenari/kelisa's or new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience