*TAKING ADVANTAGE!* Need URGENT advice from friends & experience ppl in ZTH.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
If I'm the friend of yours who involved in the accident, I don't even bother to pay even a single cent to the Honda Insight owner. It's just too ridiculous for me to pay RM2,500 for the bloody small tiny repair to the rear bumper. I will dare the owner to go lodge a police report on this too & I bet he can't do anything as it's over 24 hours after the accident happened. If the owner is so damn smart, then go by all means to claim from my insurance. I'll just ignore him & get over with it. If the Honda Insight owner still insists on the RM2,500, I'll reverse my Saga FLX & full throttle onto his car again on the spot with damage exceeding RM2,500 then I'll pay him. Hahahahahaha........
you're da man la bro...dun pay him a single cent......
y use yr car? use the volvo 240 aka tank car....& ram his car hehe...

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Or, ask him to provide you receipt of his repair. Then call dat workshop and ask, of course dont tell them u were the 1 who langgar a Honda Insight..just ask like normal customer and see what's the price.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Agree with all the taikors here.

Offer that bugger RM300 take it or leave it cuz he never followed the gentlemans agreement to go to the workshop of choice.

Or you can offer RM300 or take his car to the workshop for a 2nd opinion. If it's already done then too bad. Take it or leave it RM300.
second.

I believe there's a 24 hour window to report police. after that not valid anymore. anyone can confirm? since its more than 24 hour already, you just tell him go make steamy love with a spider, don't pay him a single sen.

I won't pay him a single sen because he might take the money and make police report anyway.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks for all the advice guys!!!

Okay, i got more info, I guess my friend was inexperienced but the workshop uncle is
someone the MR.A knows.

SO, can't really ask him but my friend adi stated clearly before, he can only pay for
the repair but a new bumper is impossible and only agreed to pay for the repairs.

End up, he admitted he changed the whole bumper at RM1500 and other repairs cost him RM800.
That bastard went and service his car and change engine oil and etcs or what? Celaka...

RM2500, my friend said he cant pay, too much ask him can lower the price or not..
end up RM1900. Then my friend still say is too much for a small dent like that...

The guy said u pay RM1900 the rest i'll bear

HE said my friend is very unreasonable for wanting to further lower the price...

I told my friend, who is being unreasonable here? We got to be clear that, it was not
what was agreed, you only agreed to pay for repairs I told my friend, not a new bumper
but he pandai-pandai go and change a new bumper that is his own choice adi.

I agree with everyone to just pay him RM300 and that's it. My friend is meeting him
at restaurant to settle tomoro.

Is just a dent, no paint exchanged during the accident...told my friend cuz of that
small dent, some metal parts in the car also rosak...my friend is was not born
yesterday even though he is a bit inexperience in this...

So, conclusion, pay him RM300 take it or leave it? If still not happy together report police. I guess he wont take it to court for such a small amount of cash RM1900...

My friend just afraid that it might have end up as a fight after that since he refuse to pay...

BTW, during the incident it was their son who is driving...came out to discuss is his parents...
No matter what yes is still my friend's fault but it wasn't what was agreed orally back then.

He did not take any photo...but I did advise him to get as many quotation from other
workshops on the repair for a small knock on Honda Insight Rear Bumper as per advise
by all sifus here..

Then show him the quotation or the price he got from this few workshops and pay him
only the amount shown at the quotations. That's it. Take it or leave it. I told him he got
to be firm, if not, worse come to worse, both report police.

This is no longer about the accident anymore...this is more like reporting the case as Extortion.

Updates: Dent is as small as last finger, 5cm in length and max 1cm depth. Bumper left and right, did came out a bit, since it was a knock.

Last edited:

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
Take your advantage la bro which is make dunno (buat2 tak tau) ... since he didnt report it to the police. Worst case senario is you only pay the summon n your NCD is nil. That fella really have to kawtim a lot with insurance workshop (fake police report, fake date etc). Forget about checking all the price since HE didnt honour the deal.

Cheers

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
NCD nil doesn't matter, car just 1 year. :smile:

Buat tak tau, will be able to cari my friend sampai rumah or not bro? :afraid:
So you're saying no need to meet them up bro?

Just ignore all calls?

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
Dear Bros of ZTH,

SO, end up discussing about paying for the damages. My friend told the owner of the
Honda Insight that he know an Uncle from a workshop who can nicely do it for him as good
as new, told him that is the best way he could do to pay for the damages. So, both exchange
numbers and would keep in touch somehow.
He didn't honor by not keep in touch plus he serviced the car and expect him to pay oso. For that i call him PENIPU. Must i pay that PENIPU any amout? Once u lied .... forever u're a liar.

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
nowadays where got gentleman somemore in this world.

if involved in an accident:

1. Exchange contact
2. If both decides to settle out of police station, take pictures of the damage done, write a short letter containing whatever that has been agreed, get it signed with blood(just kidding!) If the other guy decides to report behind your back at least you still got black and white.
3. If no agreement can be meted out, then just head to the police station.

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Tell him to meet you at police station and make a report together.

These type of unreasonable people no need to talk extra to settle with them. Your friend just needs to pay RM300 to a police saman or to the honda owner. That's the max you will need to pay, so if RM300 offer to honda owner is not accepted, then go report police. When reporting police, state the exact scenario, who were the drivers, where was the accident, how did you hit the car infront. After police report, tell him if he want his shit fixed, go claim your insurance. You do not need to entertain him further after police report. If he show signs of threat to you, you can make a police report on that too.

If their son is still a P driver, then may the god bless his son's soul because any P driver involved in an accident front/back whatever, usually they will get into shit too. End of day your friend choose who he want to pay the RM300 to. I'd say pay for the saman and let the honda owner send his car to the workshop to claim since your NCB is still low.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Alright! Will keep you guys updated. Agree with everyone here. Everyone's advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
I agree the guy should've asked if you wanted to report police before he went and change the bumper,

BUT

Come on, if it was your new car and someone made a dent, won't you want a new one?

then again, i was the idiot who let the guy who rear end me and made my bumper droopy go. didn't even scold him. just tell him to drive safe and ciao.

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
did the guy take pic of ur fren?as well as his car?if not,juz ignore him,lolz....if yes,as courtesy, juz pay him how much u think u r able to cope wif,and try to find out how much is the new bumper cost,if far more lower,juz pay the lower price keep the quotation and ignore the fella...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I agree the guy should've asked if you wanted to report police before he went and change the bumper,

BUT

Come on, if it was your new car and someone made a dent, won't you want a new one?

then again, i was the idiot who let the guy who rear end me and made my bumper droopy go. didn't even scold him. just tell him to drive safe and ciao.
Yes, you got a point bro, but the main thing is that, it is not part of the agreement and a new bumper was replaced without the consent of my friend, if he were to opt for a new bumper, he should have agreed/advise to make a police report instead of settling outside yet after being told by my friend he could not afford to pay for the price of a new bumper.

LOL! btw, your case you should have claim from him since u made him rear end u...:biggrin:

did the guy take pic of ur fren?as well as his car?if not,juz ignore him,lolz....if yes,as courtesy, juz pay him how much u think u r able to cope wif,and try to find out how much is the new bumper cost,if far more lower,juz pay the lower price keep the quotation and ignore the fella...
The price of the bumper as stated by one of the seniors here, is RM1600 OEM bumper.
The guy replaced it with only RM1500 but want to charge my friend RM2500 cuz he said
the rest are the charges of repairs...that bloody hell modified his car as well or what with
additional 1K for repair? repair what?

So, like everyone said, just offer him RM300 - RM400. That's it! Take it or leave it since that's
the price of most workshop who can do the repair nicely. Yet there was no paint exchanged during
the accident.

If not, just end up making a police report again. Let him settle his own insurance since already pass
24hours...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if me i offer rm100 only....take it or leave it.....
just adjust back the bumper screws (provided brackets not bend le).....then polish off the scratch marks.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
RM100 like a bit too bad wor haha! :rofl:

Later he flip the restaurant table :laugh:
Just small dent and bumper side came off only..haih...

Extortion without violence is what I can describe about the proud owner of his Super expensive Hybrid Insight . :banghead:
RM1500 for bumper, logic for market price, but just cuz of small dent additional RM1K for repair?

Really want to know what is hiding behind the bumper that cost RM1K to repair...which is what he told my friend, what metal
parts also rosak bla...bla...bla...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know a good toyota workshop, not their service centre plss.. it cost a bomb to send old car to them, i am using toyota corolla 1992. need to do a complete engine overhaul..

looking for area in KL or Selangor..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience