B18C GSR vs B16A

mDnAz

Jun 20, 2011
Johor Bahru
wow, nice perterj, how's the power? i've been searching around for B16A manual, here the price range is 7.5~8k. if with LSD is 9k:banghead: but for B18C with LSD only cost 8K !!! shit... dunno should i pick normal B16A without LSD or B18C with LSD~ worry about fuel consumption only~
bro aranny2001, sorry to interupt..i hv experienced with both engines, definitely bigger displacement eats more petrol, nuff said..but then it'll also depends on the mod u've done to it..from JB to Sg.Petani, Kedah with my modded B18C GSR i only filled up twice with RON97 (h'way cruising only)..but definitely differ when doing city driving la..

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
bro aranny2001, sorry to interupt..i hv experienced with both engines, definitely bigger displacement eats more petrol, nuff said..but then it'll also depends on the mod u've done to it..from JB to Sg.Petani, Kedah with my modded B18C GSR i only filled up twice with RON97 (h'way cruising only)..but definitely differ when doing city driving la..
roughly how much is the fuel consumption for gsr? it is huge diff btw b16a? town drive even worst??? thought putting gsr in an eg body bit save fuel due to lighter body?

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Hi,bro. I'm drove an eg8 witg b18c before. Hi-cam and mild moded to the engine. Fuel comsumption might be higher due to the modded things and the close ratio gearbox. 20 or below cents/km at highway and 25 cents/km at town drive. For me, it was reasonable for me as i like to pranngggg.... Haha...

alen

Known Member
Aug 1, 2010
Ipoh
B20b block with b16a head, turbocharged it with nos. Good reliability and fuel consumption. Guarantee u won't regret.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,bro. I'm drove an eg8 witg b18c before. Hi-cam and mild moded to the engine. Fuel comsumption might be higher due to the modded things and the close ratio gearbox. 20 or below cents/km at highway and 25 cents/km at town drive. For me, it was reasonable for me as i like to pranngggg.... Haha...
wah~ 25 cent/km in town drive... too expensive.. it's because your internal mod i think... some more vtec all the time.. lol... any idea of rough fuel consumption of the stock B18c?

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

B20b block with b16a head, turbocharged it with nos. Good reliability and fuel consumption. Guarantee u won't regret.
that will be a street monster king~:rofl:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i've change from b16a - b20 a few months ago...with some mild mod on head,intake and exhaust...the FC will definitely be higher...the combustion chamber need more fuel than standard b16a...power wise...the b20 torque are most welcome...even from 2.5k rpm u can feel the torque...

summore the b20 block is only around 800...compared to b16a block which cost around 1.5k++
but dont be a pedal 2 metal all day...stock b20 block is not as strong as b16/18 at high rev...

Last edited:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i've change from b16a - b20 a few months ago...with some mild mod on head,intake and exhaust...the FC will definitely be higher...the combustion chamber need more fuel than standard b16a...power wise...the b20 torque are most welcome...even from 2.5k rpm u can feel the torque...
stock torque can feel at what rpm?

mDnAz

Jun 20, 2011
Johor Bahru
roughly how much is the fuel consumption for gsr? it is huge diff btw b16a? town drive even worst??? thought putting gsr in an eg body bit save fuel due to lighter body?
not to say worse la bro..for me its fine as long as u dont 'praaaanngg...' evrytime when other cars 'cucuk' u from behind..hehe..what u expect?its a high performance NA engine..sooner or later ure going to mod it,trust me...btw,mine was in an EK 4 doors..

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
then go find B18B halfcut and install..should be cheaper coz no demand.

1.8 non vtec....slightly more torque than GSR but peak torque is 1k rpm earlier. more suitable for ur driving

or get B20B halfcut..no need to VTEC it...just run it stock. even more torque

but if u INSIST on wanting VTEC... B18C GSR....the end.
B18C type R kenot ke bro? hahaha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does any one knows that if two identical cars having same features are taken.Only there spark plug gaps are changed. So which one will perform well. The one with larger or smaller gap?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience