The Engine Oil Discussion Thread

Which type of these engine oil you prefer the most?

• Motul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amsoil

• Castrol

• Lucas

• Mobil 1

• Penzoil

• Royal Purple

• Torco

• Total voters

Katsumoto

Nov 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello

ZTH forumer , recently i manage to receive a copy of ENGINE OIL TESTING report from a friend of
mine in US , in the report are major engine oil manufacturer

The testing used to evaluate the lubricants was done in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) procedures

just to name some of the manufacturer are

Motul
Amsoil
Castrol
Lucas
Mobil 1
Penzoil
Royal Purple
Torco

the testing was done at 2009 and this report was being told to me by me friend as a PRIVATE TESTING and the report was not widely distribute due to the nature of content that may or may not
effect other manufacture product sales ...

and i notice all the oil above was either being sold by our forumer or have local distributor

i have no intention of messing/screwing up your sales , i just wanna share this report to you all

before i post the report , i wanna ask if there anyone will be offended by this report ..
(i ensure you there will be flame and sales will drop on certain product after the report was posted)

Edited at 25/3/2012 1230pm

the Document is in PDF format, click on the picture to DL the file.
i

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Katsumoto: Please share with us because all of us so eager to know..My friend once told me, Amsoil ranks top among the brands u listed above..I'd like to see how true is dat.

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Why isnt liqui moly on the list?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Could you host it somewhere where it's not so confusing to download or requires an ID to login etc etc?

mayalab

Known Member
Feb 26, 2011
Johor Bahru
My Amsoil comes up to be the best overall performer. :top:
These tests were carried out on Amsoil MCF 10w40 and MCV 20w50 only, but i have to say very thorough tests indeed.
Mobil1 seems to be the runner-up, but surprisingly all the popular Motul, Lucas, Castrol and Pennzoil are among the worst performers.

mayalab

Known Member
Feb 26, 2011
Johor Bahru
Summary:

1. This is a study of motorcycle oils only, carried out in 2009 with 2 grades (SAE 40 and SAE 50) from major manufacturers in USA.

2. A total of 15 SAE 40 oils, and 17 SAE 50 oils from different manufacturers were used in the tests.

3. 11 tests were performed, including some critical tests such as 4-Ball Wear Test, Gear Wear Test, Oxidation Stability, Volatility, Acid Neutralization & Engine Cleanliness, Rust Protection, etc.

4. Amsoil is the best overall performer for both grades, follow by Mobil1 as runner-up.

For SAE 40 grade, Valvoline ranks 5th, Motul 6th, Castrol 7th, Lucas 9th, Torco 11th, Royal Purple 14th and Pennzoil is the last.
For SAE 50 grade, Torco ranks 3rd, Royal Purple 7th, Valvoline 11th, Motul 12th, Castrol 14th, Lucas 16th and Pennzoil is again the bottom.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience