Owning an evo

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Aiseh, I don't know things will go this way. :banghead::banghead:

My intention is only to ask guidance from evos guru but this thing happen.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

vspec, yeah you cannot just enable/disable the AYC, only can remove it and replace it with LSD. However the ACD is always active, until you pull the handbrake. The ECUFlash can change the settings of AYC, but without someone knowledgeable enough to play with the parameters, its better to leave it at stock settings. Btw, the AYC is the selling point for Evos, just as how the ACCD is the selling point for Subarus.

Here's my feedback on the AYC settings (S-AYC for Evo8 and above)

Tarmac = Easy to go tail happy, you can make the car over-teer easily yet grip maintains at the front as you throttle, allows you to turn tighter corners. Steering position allows easy correction of any over-steer and throttle out to go wherever you want.

Gravel = Car feels like it under-steers at corner entry, not easy to go tail happy with it. Good to use on rainy weathers because under-steer is better than over-steer on wet conditions.

Snow = A lot of under-steer, don't bother using this on dry roads.

If you say that the Evo has all three lights on (tarmac, gravel, snow), check if the previous owner had removed the AYC for LSD. I had a friend who replaced the AYC with a LSD set and the ECU cannot detect the AYC anymore, so the three lights is up.
bro Dawg,

Thanks for the info. Now I now that the AYC can be replaced with LSD. But as u said, the AYC is the selling point of evos, that is why i'm looking for E7 with AYC not LSD :biggrin:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
bro,
i am ok to follow u go see the car ...let me know one day in advance...
actually i am not guru in evolution, i just can assist to see if the chassis is ok and the overall condition is worth buying....rm108k a bit on high side with the condition u mentioned....jerking can caused by many reasons...but all 3 acd lights on...really problem...can be the ayc pump failure or some error codes messed up due to demodding recently...sometimes after erasing all the error code using MUT and change the AYC n ACD fluid...it might be ok....but that still depends...
AYC cannot be disable, but some remove it and replace with LSD...but by then u need to drive it differently....less electronic...more to mechanical...fun to drive when u used to it...

i can help u look see look see ....but technical wise....u can check with leslie, MI, johnny, pablo, khsim, mizuroni77 and many gurus in mloc...they are evo owners and very familiar with the cars...it is always best to get more opinion b4 deciding...cos these cars nowaday alot in market but not all in good condition....take is slow...sure u will get a good one!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

post deleted by request.....
Bro EvoZ,

I'm still waiting for ur pm. :biggrin::biggrin:

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
There is a common misconception that by replacing the rear LSD the AYC will be disable. The AYC is a hydraulic operated system and only way to disable it is to take out the pump or prevent the pump from operating. Normal street car can have both AYC and LSD running at the rear. A good example is the Cusco LSD for the rear that is designed to work with the AYC. To take out the AYC entirely you need to take out the plumbing and fit a non AYC LSD the likes or Kaaz or wavetrack. Also you need to modify the rear housing to enable proper lubrication holes for the normal gear oil to flow into the AYC side. The is normally for race application or if you have RS rear diff that does not come with AYC but a mechanical OEM LSD. If you have problem with the system the 3 lights on your dash with be light up permanently.

The 3 lights in your dash is also for the ACD. The ACD seldom gives any problem. You can replace the center diff (which is in your gearbox housing) with a LSD also. Quaif makes center LSD for it. And if you have that all 3lights will be on irregardless if you have AYC issues as the ACD has been removed.

I would walk away from a car with 3 solid lights if you do not know what has been done with the car. Many mech in Msia do not know how to properly diagnose issues with the AYC. It could be a simple blown fuse, dirty sensors or the dreaded AYC pump accumulator failure.

Good luck

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Take your time bro... Take it easy... Don't make a wrong decision that will haunt U later... There's a few possibilities on the 3 lights ON... Worst case scenario is the AYC pump failure.... U can find a used unit from a half cut, but as far as I remember, it won't come with warranty.... Nowadays, there's a few E7 on sale... Take your time to go through it.... Bring someone that well versed regardin' EVO... U can asked EvolutionZ to help U since he's one of the EVOLUTION guru here....:wavey::wavey:
Master sifu has spoken....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
Many sifu has spoken here. Hopefully i can get the decent car by the help of sifus here.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

There is a common misconception that by replacing the rear LSD the AYC will be disable. The AYC is a hydraulic operated system and only way to disable it is to take out the pump or prevent the pump from operating. Normal street car can have both AYC and LSD running at the rear. A good example is the Cusco LSD for the rear that is designed to work with the AYC. To take out the AYC entirely you need to take out the plumbing and fit a non AYC LSD the likes or Kaaz or wavetrack. Also you need to modify the rear housing to enable proper lubrication holes for the normal gear oil to flow into the AYC side. The is normally for race application or if you have RS rear diff that does not come with AYC but a mechanical OEM LSD. If you have problem with the system the 3 lights on your dash with be light up permanently.

The 3 lights in your dash is also for the ACD. The ACD seldom gives any problem. You can replace the center diff (which is in your gearbox housing) with a LSD also. Quaif makes center LSD for it. And if you have that all 3lights will be on irregardless if you have AYC issues as the ACD has been removed.

I would walk away from a car with 3 solid lights if you do not know what has been done with the car. Many mech in Msia do not know how to properly diagnose issues with the AYC. It could be a simple blown fuse, dirty sensors or the dreaded AYC pump accumulator failure.

Good luck
Bro Alurcard,

Thanks for the info given here. Really appreciated it especially for new owner of evos.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All :wavey:

I'm gonna post my DIY brake shoe change on my Myvi. Most of us know that brake shoes last very long, almost the lifespan of the car in some cases. Therefore we do not see many people changing the brake shoe. However, because myvi brakes suck, I thought of getting a better brand, at least at my perspective.

Story: This is my first DIY brake shoe change. I have done disc brake pad replacement which is fairly simple and easy but not brake shoe replacement. Thus before I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience