What is this red & black thingy?

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Guys,

I've browse through couple of Import Tuner magazine online and saw this red & black cap on Honda cars. What is it called and what is the function of it?

Attachments

Last edited:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
maybe spare pipe...or tubing...or sumting for service job
maybe la

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
since there is an empty compartment (suspect of car battery space), i think the two "plug" could be the auxilary power point, to be connected with outside power source. without on-board battery, the car would be lighter. Battery normally used for start up. Once engine started, the alternator will generate electricity. Even unplugging the car battery, the engine could still run.

just my opinion...

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Might be the point to jump start the car..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
1st time i see the pics, i thought it must be a battery related thingy..

coz red is for +ve & black is for -ve..

:biggrin:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Battery remote jumper? probably and it makes sense too since the fact the its in red & black in color.

I am not sure about it but i've seen it only in Honda cars and the the placement of those tubes different from each other. One is outside while another one is in the engine bay.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i think it's true..

on track car, they will find a way to lighten their cars.. coz lighter car goes faster..

the purpose of a battery in a car is to start d engine.. if engines started, then there's no use of the battery..

of coz we need to charge the battery, but for track car.. CHARGE SOME WHERE ELSE LA.. :biggrin:

on track car they often lighten everything.. change mirrors to plastic, change bodyparts to carbon fiber..

it's common :wink:

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
Battery remote jumper? probably and it makes sense too since the fact the its in red & black in color.

I am not sure about it but i've seen it only in Honda cars and the the placement of those tubes different from each other. One is outside while another one is in the engine bay.
Its not only honda cars used this item..google it then u will find..most use it for jump starts when battery access is difficult esp when relocate the batt..might be la..in terms of safety i oso dunno :confused:

:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need help.

my brother car was stolen by tow truck around 4.15pm at AU5D Lembah Keramat.
car in Silver blue colour with Sparco NT 17 inch rim and NISMO club sticker in windscreen .

please contact me at 019-350 3151.

Appreciated on your help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience