EG clubs/owner etc

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah avantech closes for race weekends...

hunt17

Nov 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
finished reading the whole threads :biggrin:

@peterj
any civic owner know what actually is this D series engine? engine code ME216 non vtec, malaysia local d series engine, fitted in my civic eh2, some people say it is sohc zc non vtec, tsome say it is d16a1 ... and i search through the web, those usdm got eh2 but all are d15 engine... any ppl can help?

@mADmAN
mine is ME416

tried googling before oso... no info watsoever... its like the ME series engine no one knows about it lol...

anyway..not really bothered to dig so much oso...since me on B series now :P

ME216
ME416

M - malaysian local punya by kah motor
E - i think its generation
16 - 1.6liter

mine ME516 - EH5

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
all honda sifu..... can share ur info on b16a engine? my questions are

1.) can b16a stock valve spring and retainer last long? cause many ppl say that better upgrade it because they say it cant hold long, especially always vtec till redline driving style....... better upgrade to prevent valve spring pop from the head......

2.) will stock timing belt or some other brand timing belt like gates last? or better use power kevlar belt? because today i saw 1 old school civic,charade type civic at my garage..... with a cam broken into 4 pieces, my mind though that that driver must be wild to drive till oem cam also broken... however, i pop the hood, shocked and saw a small v under hood.... with bc valve spring and retainer....cam broken result from timing belt putus......oem honda belt....cam broken is jun stage 3 though... damaged rm4k plus, i scare this will happen to stock motor too.....

3.) what will be the weak point of a b16a that need to take care of especially upgrading aggressively in both N/A or turboed?

4.) currently will use non lsd y21 gearbox from h/cut, if future wanna put in aftermarket lsd like kaaz lsd,can just get the lsd then pnp?

sorry for asking too much cause i really new to honda, just 3 month old...lol.. and i already had a eg6 h/cut to be transplant next week (follow sifu madman's advice),therefore i need understand it more...

Ling Reiden

From Facebook
Nov 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
wa bro congratz to you too and welcome to the VTEC family...i do like to answer your question but due to me i lack of knowledge...i still cant answer your question well...sorry for that bro

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
all honda sifu..... can share ur info on b16a engine? my questions are

1.) can b16a stock valve spring and retainer last long? cause many ppl say that better upgrade it because they say it cant hold long, especially always vtec till redline driving style....... better upgrade to prevent valve spring pop from the head......

2.) will stock timing belt or some other brand timing belt like gates last? or better use power kevlar belt? because today i saw 1 old school civic,charade type civic at my garage..... with a cam broken into 4 pieces, my mind though that that driver must be wild to drive till oem cam also broken... however, i pop the hood, shocked and saw a small v under hood.... with bc valve spring and retainer....cam broken result from timing belt putus......oem honda belt....cam broken is jun stage 3 though... damaged rm4k plus, i scare this will happen to stock motor too.....

3.) what will be the weak point of a b16a that need to take care of especially upgrading aggressively in both N/A or turboed?

4.) currently will use non lsd y21 gearbox from h/cut, if future wanna put in aftermarket lsd like kaaz lsd,can just get the lsd then pnp?

sorry for asking too much cause i really new to honda, just 3 month old...lol.. and i already had a eg6 h/cut to be transplant next week (follow sifu madman's advice),therefore i need understand it more...
eh?? i advised B16A meh?? i tot usually i advise B18C GSR?? where did i advise this to u?? cant remember ler hehehe...either way oso ok la

1/ in my 10 years of VTEC fanboy-ism...ive never heard this before. n i dont think its true...though i may be wrong.

2/ stock cams...can use OEM belt. as for the case u saw...the honda belt ori or not? coz my mech did offer me before...stock or "replica" honda belts.. he did say that the ori stock belt should be able to handle high cams like Toda C2....but the "replica" belts will putus with those cams. so get ORI honda belt is fine... bout RM250 iirc. careful when buying power enterprise belts.. coz this one oso got fake already. as for Toda belts...the feedback ive gathered at honda-tech is that they suck as they tend to break too...not sure about the truth in this.

3/ weak points? for turbo....if ur boosting high.. definitely internals need to change..recommended re-sleeving the block with stronger sleeves as well.... if NA.. can leave it stock no problems...would recommend getting ARP headstuds to ensure the engine is more securely bolted down. but in stock form...no real need.

4/ yes.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
an bro,what is the ideal piping size for a b16a? 2 " or more? not that noisy and will not sacrifice the performance.....

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

and bro, if cant get genuine honda belt,gates timing belt good enough?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
considering the gates is more expensive than honda.. it better be "good enough" hehehhehe

2.3" is the general size... though my old EF with B16A was using 2" and it was real good

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
so what iu suggest sifu? 2 " or 2.2" ? lol.....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
go for 2.3 la... since thats what most people are using these days and theres lots of choices for mufflers

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
my mech will say 2.5" cause he say vtec not loud no power..lol

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
piping size doesnt dictate volume....want loud... 5Zigen Border 304 Speed (the one with the RO Tag)

or...

no rear muffler and just 1 bullet... pun boleh heh heh heh

2.5" ull end up losing the lower end... and B16 low end is already non-existent.. LOL

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
any bad effect on using 2"?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been using this gauge for like 4 to 5 months now and I always wonder is my reading of the vacuum gauge healthy? When the car is cold let say in the morning the reading is around -0.46 bar. (note my reading is in bar not cmHg or inch/Hg) but when driving for a long time or let say the engine has reach its optimal temperature, the reading is around -0.24 or -0.22 bar which is close to 0 bar! I'm using a Toyota Vios 07 onwards model. I tap the vacuum line at the intake manifold vacuum hose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience