EK 4 door club/team/gang/kaki... ?

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i was wondering how durable is B16a engine...its clocking 290k mileage already
mine already 300k...when for overhaul 1 month ago...but after disassemble it...the block sleeve thin already (where the coolant flows)...mybe becoz so many overheat...like it or not i've change to 2 liter...more torque! hoho!

if u taken a good care of your engine..i think 300k still can run fairly good...

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
mine already 300k...when for overhaul 1 month ago...but after disassemble it...the block sleeve thin already (where the coolant flows)...mybe becoz so many overheat...like it or not i've change to 2 liter...more torque! hoho!

if u taken a good care of your engine..i think 300k still can run fairly good...
If I may ask, how do we know when to do overhaul/full overhaul? Are there any signs or indicator? My old D16 engine has already clocked 215k on the odometer... :driver:

siauann

Known Member
Apr 17, 2005
Visit site

my coolant got some leaking...i think need to change the hose...
all this while my engine using fully synthetic oil..dunno how durable it can last.. :P

siauann

Known Member
Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
coolant leaking solved.
my car have cold and heat in the a/c. they help me to block off the hose where it flows for the hot air produce in a/c. weather in msia already killing me. hahaha.
i just done another service clocked 295k. hopefully its still running strong.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
guys, i sudah jual my beloved b18cr 4 doors... =( now become uncle driving ES 1.7... hahahaha

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
haha not new ride. had it all this while. it was my work car, not its my only car... but okla, new owner works at a big modding shop.. no worries. the legacy will continue.. hahaha

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the DC5 seems to take the same chassis as the ES...

the dashboard fits right in... direct plug n play...

even the exhaust route my friend said is exactly the same..

siauann

Known Member
Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
If mileage almost 300k km ... thats mean its time to get newer engine already ... K20A the best option n later ur EK still can run another 300k km more ... ahakss ...
ini macam susah la bro...k20a byk mahal oh... :D

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

the DC5 seems to take the same chassis as the ES...

the dashboard fits right in... direct plug n play...

even the exhaust route my friend said is exactly the same..
meaning to say it will fit better than fitting into ek? :P

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i thought the ES chassis was derived from honda stream? yes the dashboard fits perfectly but.. naaahhh... es k20a... tak nak la. wanna go for the real deal. =P

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
im saying that the DC5 takes from ES....not ES from DC5...DC5 came out later mah :P

but dunno the truth in that though...its just wat i heard only...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm driving kancil 850, a friend said changing spark plug will enhance the performance, is it true? and my mother's mini cooper is very "jerky" while travelling at low speed, can it be fixed? need advice....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience