ZTH KuChiNG zone

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
racedemon22 : u try adjust ur clutch higher a bit...if still got crunches sound try check ur pressure plate...

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
shah5775, i have adjust to the highest as possible oledi... do u think the preasure plate is faulthy?? when i change to ek9 second hand clutch it comes with the preassure plate and new bearing..is my secondhand preassure plate faulthy after just 5 months??? huhuhuhu

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
wait 1st bro, ur gear shift sound like got gear grinding sound like "grok"in high rpm is it? if it is like that , i am very sure it is gear synchro's problem.... if pressure plate got problem, it wont even hold ur clutch since u r rev from low rpm till high rpm, i can only think of 2 situation for clutch pressure plate problems..

1.) if the clutch pressure plate's pin and bolts is not properly "hold" on ur flywheel, like my experience with my frens toyota gl, it tend to vibrate and jerking because the pressure plate not properly hold the clutch and cause uneven load and pressure distribution that causes vibration only...

2.) this problem more related to ur situation, when ur clutch plate or pressure plate are out of order (lining finished or pressure plate rosak no more pressure), clutch tend to loose, we all know if clutch loose we cant engage gear rite?

so i think there is possibility that the clutch set out of order also, new bearing does not help a second hand clutch to be new bro, for wear and tear parts, better use something u know it is really new or at least got guaranty... since we all don't wan pay double workmanship and buy new stuff again in short time rite? like now if after check it is really the clutch problem, u gonna pay for new set of clutch again and also workmanship.... i think the seller also no guaranty u the clutch for more then 3 months rite? coz from my experience buying so called recond parts sometimes depend on ur luck also...

i just hope my initial prediction (the gear's synchro) wont be the problem, if it is, from what ur statement told us, 2nd gear synchro is out and also 4th gear's synchro, the workmanship and $$ for the synchro gears can almost get u a new exedy 4 puck racing clutch dy..:biggrin:

Last edited:

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
its too mechanical to explain:rofl:
when press clutch, gear crash got lot of possibilities...then ur using used parts mixed with new bearings...can't say ur clutch kit used only for 5 months coz u shud know its used, and we don't know how long dy its been used by previous owner....try send ur car to ur pomen to check 1st bro...

peterj : i'm not sure but is it possible if synchronize probs the gearbox will make sound e.g humming sound?happen to my frens wira his gearbox got humming sound and send for overhaul change all synchro's now solved no more sound...

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
thanks for all the reply guys... will sent it to be check then... my bad for buying recond stuff huhuhu can u guys recommed me a good shop to overhaul gearbox if needed???

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hard to tell the humming sound is caused by the synchro, since we overhaul,normally renew all the old parts, might be other stuff make it sounds like that....

easily said, synchro of our gear function to match our gear speed with our engine speed.... 1 small example, like when u using 3rd gear, ur current gear speed will be same as the engine speed, however, when u change to 4th gear which is diff in speed, u nid something to match the speed of the gear and the engine in order to shift smoothly... synchro function as the speed matcher.... that is why when ur synchro out of order, tend to have grinding sound like "grok" when u shifting especially high rpm when the engine speed is high....... but even synchro is out, u still can engaged to the particular gear in low or high rpm but just that the grinding sound is scary and in long term, scare gearbox will got problems...

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
hard to tell the humming sound is caused by the synchro, since we overhaul,normally renew all the old parts, might be other stuff make it sounds like that....

easily said, synchro of our gear function to match our gear speed with our engine speed.... 1 small example, like when u using 3rd gear, ur current gear speed will be same as the engine speed, however, when u change to 4th gear which is diff in speed, u nid something to match the speed of the gear and the engine in order to shift smoothly... synchro function as the speed matcher.... that is why when ur synchro out of order, tend to have grinding sound like "grok" when u shifting especially high rpm when the engine speed is high....... but even synchro is out, u still can engaged to the particular gear in low or high rpm but just that the grinding sound is scary and in long term, scare gearbox will got problems...
so u mean that my sycro is out when got kruukkk sound at high rpm and eventually will make the sound at low rpm too... so how much does usually the workshop will charge to change 3 and 5 syncro and can u recommend me a good workshop that will do the job done right if my preasure clucth isn't faulthy?? thanks boss

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
so u mean that my sycro is out when got kruukkk sound at high rpm and eventually will make the sound at low rpm too... so how much does usually the workshop will charge to change 3 and 5 syncro and can u recommend me a good workshop that will do the job done right if my preasure clucth isn't faulthy?? thanks boss
i cant recommend which shop to go caused i never had this problem even i knew what might cause this...sorry cant help, maybe shah knew where to go?:confused:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
racedemon: sorry ar bro.. never heard any story on this kinda prob.. later will ask sum frens who knows better.. any info will let u know..

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
me neither still looking for gud workshop to send car for repair.....nowadays didn't dare to suggest gud workshop coz afraid bad thing happen to frens car :banghead:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Another v-tech turbo monster just emerged. Ah sin's civic just bot. Just had a ride in his civic and the pull is definitely there although his setup is for street use and boosted at 0.5 only. Nice. Gonna bot my v soon hehe.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
shah: bro, jac says vtec turbo is coming.. ehehe.. when are u gona turbo ur vtec.. ehehe.. any news on event in kuching?/

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
By the way... if you guys wanna go BOT, I have a small turbo AR48 good for 1 bar... and spools fast fast... suitable for simple BOT.

Jac: Must be Mui Shin... I didn't drop by his shop as was too busy with my upgrading plan for my sr20det with Auto Terminal and Motul garage... By the way which civic? What plate number? Yellow or the red colored? Or maroon?

To all simple but future petrol heads... I'm going to upgrade my turbo and my fuel injectors... (my current turbo's for sale - stock sr20det red top turbo, injectors - 370cc) Selling cheap...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Shah/Racedemon: If you need good and informative mechanics and foreman, I suggest go to Auto Terminal/Motul/Mui Shin... These guys are serious races and they know their stuff... Also can go to Ah Nong at Matang...

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
By the way... if you guys wanna go BOT, I have a small turbo AR48 good for 1 bar... and spools fast fast... suitable for simple BOT.

Jac: Must be Mui Shin... I didn't drop by his shop as was too busy with my upgrading plan for my sr20det with Auto Terminal and Motul garage... By the way which civic? What plate number? Yellow or the red colored? Or maroon?

To all simple but future petrol heads... I'm going to upgrade my turbo and my fuel injectors... (my current turbo's for sale - stock sr20det red top turbo, injectors - 370cc) Selling cheap...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Shah/Racedemon: If you need good and informative mechanics and foreman, I suggest go to Auto Terminal/Motul/Mui Shin... These guys are serious races and they know their stuff... Also can go to Ah Nong at Matang...
Alpha, yeah indeed it is the mui sin at 5th mile, the civic is red but I didnt take note the plate no. though, just what he had under the hood hehe. Stainless steel piping, ar60 for turbo, stainless steel manifold and header, custom made intercooler, wastegate minus the bov, yet to install. The rest was standard.

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
Hmmm stock internals with bot AR60. Should be fun... There was one white ef running with turbo also. Stock internals and boosting 0.5 but havn't seen that car in awhile. Maybe boosted too high and blow some parts.

Anyway... turbo still up for sale. There was some thread awhile ago in the BOT forum. One guy did a turbo setup for his carburetor. Can be considered as long as the af ratio is still on the rich side.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi friends

I got to work on a BMW, my first German ride. In our small island, it embodies beauty, quality, comfort and pride.

However, its eyes have gone from worst to blinded. i had to restore the same with a little patience and a lot of passion.

Please enjoy the transformation..

Upon arrival

Headlights washed and clayed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience