Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

cruiser78

Known Member
Jul 5, 2008
yup.... the easiest way to maintain your carburettor... WD40 or better use Choke and Carburettor Cleaner.... around RM17 to RM20 only per can. can last for a handful of service

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
hope its just the cable.. but if u haven't changed your carb before, highly likely its at fault too.. my dad changed the carb before, but i have to double check wether its taiwan or what.. but i remember it's a new unit..

one problem i'm having now is, my carb setting won't stay very long.. after about a month or so i'll have to retune again coz the engine will start to knock.. again!
Happens to me too
From my experience using carburetted engine, try to put some petrol into the carburettor. you can put the petrol into the throat (or what do you call the hole from the air filter box?) of the carburettor.
Do this method really working?wont the carb be flooded with petrol?
If its happen always then put some fuel cleaner in the petrol..... run it a while. If still persist, service your carb or just replace the fuel pump......it will cost you maybe RM50....save u from headache..... In month or two, spray in some wd-40, let it soak a while...then try choke in the carb by ramming it hard and cover and open your palm at the carb mouth ..... try it.... this is my past activities during free time.....
If the dirt all went out through the carb then to the engine,wont it harm the engine?

Thanks for the info,guys:biggrin:

Last edited:

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
I finally got the engine started after tried few try and error.It was the carb which gave prob.I try to unscrew the nut circled in the picture below and crank the engine,after some petrol flow out from there i fix the screw back.I try to start and the engine can be started.I was happy and thought the problem was over.Unable took the car to mechanic as it was almost 7pm and the shop was closed.I drove the car next day to work as it was raining.It was ok for 2 days and today the problem started again.The parking at my workplace is a bit tilted downward(like a ramp).So the front part of the car was tilted downward.I dont understand what is the rootcause for this problem.Do any dirt clogged inside the carb?Saw some black oil coming from the carb body(looks like leaking).Unable to get the mechanic today as it was raining.Will try to push the car away from parking to a straight position and try to start tomoro.If fail had to tow the car.Basically i dont like my car to be towed.But it was a nice experience troubleshooting a carb.I learned new things.It makes a new interest to study and explore more abt carb troubleshooting.

Picture from google

Attachments

Last edited:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
good to know, but isn't that the PCV valve or something? that's where air and vapour from the crankcase goes into the combustion chamber to be burnt.. that could be your engine oil vapour accumulated over time, the one you said looks like leakage.. But i dunno how this could effect your engine from starting up?

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Its from the fuel pump bro.The PCV hose is diff.This carb has too much piping especially for the vacuum.Hard to study.I wonder how the engineer design the carb:hmmmm:

Aaron Yap

From Facebook
Oct 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
i got an LSD gearbox with complete both side drive shaft + clutch set , all parts are original from japan and in damn good condition , clutch just so new and im selling it the whole set for RM1200 , can be fitted unto AE101 4AGE ST / BT , 4AGZE SUPERCHARGER, sms me / call me up if u are interested (017-2255322), fast... cause these are rare item

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Its been a long time since login to ZTH.
Finally the problem solved.....the mechanic change the distributor and did some carburetor service.
But i wonder how could a distributor could be the rootcause for this issue especially when its related to tilted condition:confused:
Then,another problem arise.....my car started to shake(front side) at 120kmh and above......
I suspect the short driveshaft faulty as i can hear some knocking noise during releasing the clutch.
Send to the workshop,the mechanic said might be driveshaft faulty.He changed the steering rack and the driveshaft.
After one week,the problem came back and an irritating sound came from inside of the dashboard(if im not mistaken)during rough road....
Anyone faced similar issue before?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

seen one but owner nvr reveal much , owner wasn't using high cam yet ... but dyno-ed and got a 19kg-m of torque ... any sifus here that can shed some light
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience