Dunlop formula D01

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i have use dunlop D01 before and i can tell u its a pretty good tyre for that price, mine is 195/50/15 and 140 bucks per piece.

going up genting in heavy rain, still have pretty good grip on corners goin up and downhill.

been using it for GRA too and i still manages to get 2nd spot in class with my D01 under extreme cornering with tight u-turns and 360 deg turns.

good budget tyre and also good for everyday driving as well.

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
I'm using this tyre as well. Will be noisy at first but once after front back and left right rotation its not noisy anymore.

Grip wise dry and wet to me is fine but for that price not a bad deal either.

i've driven mine to around 50K now due for change.

Last edited:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i have used it on my previous car...size was 205/45/R16....not a bad tyre as how sum pointed it to be...relatively a good tyre...fairly good grip in dry and wet conditions....unless you drive 140kph when raining heavily....

im not expert so im nt sure if its a hard or soft tyre but one thing im sure....the way to my workplace has lots of potholes and some how due to my carelessness i always hit some going at average speeds....but till i sold my car the rims did not get bengkok...so i assume the tyres sidewall were strong enuf to protect the rims...

overall good budget tyre for everyday use......its a bit noisy....

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
I'm using this tyre on my Corolla (195/55/15). I don't have problems with what some said (I assume those are over exaggerations).

If you don't drive your car aggressively, just street driving with occasional high speed driving, the tyres worth well for the price you pay. It grips well on dry and disperses water very well on wet roads. Sensibly speaking, we don't really drive that fast in the rain, do we? Visibility rate is poor, and a lot of cars slow down during rain. I don't see any reason to drive really fast and cutting lanes like crazy in the rain unless you're having some bowel problems and trying to find the nearest toilet.

I have never track my car, except for occasional weekend drags with friends. They grip okay if you have a good launching technique, but of course, tyres are made of different grades and price ranges for a reason.

My experience is only based on city driving. I don't really drive with the tyres on rough construction roads and gravels. I don't see any point going all-rally-spirit unless there's a competition.

My point is, if you drive sensibly, there's nothing wrong with the tyre at all. It does very well for the price you pay.

There's some noise tyre, but my engine and exhaust is louder so I could barely hear it.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. Found this thread via Google and I thought I need to share something.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience