wts your skyline? post it here

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
kanan - You want to go look at GTRs (I assume you're in the Klang Valley), I'll come with you if you give me advance notice. I'll try and make the time preferably weekend.

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
[PIMPIN];1063887393 said:
kanan - You want to go look at GTRs (I assume you're in the Klang Valley), I'll come with you if you give me advance notice. I'll try and make the time preferably weekend.
See bro..i've told u this..hehe.. :smokin:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
kanan, first of all what is your budget for skyline??loan or cash? there are lots of skyline gtr out there...if you bring someone expert to view etc, if end up not buying just waste time and the expert will get bad repo...normally ppl more asking then buying..no offence ya..im not mentioning you or etc..but really tired when find good deal, in the end, buyer have no money and need to sell off this la and that...like before, lot of ppl asking me 'bro can get bcnr33..then when somebody posted it, i call them, oh 1001 reason they gave..hehe...so better you list down your budget etc..we here will help you..buy from direct owner is better than used car dealer etc..atleast old timer here like PIMPIN, Rokok or Lemon demon know well the history of the car, owner etc hehe..just my 2 cents

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
i buying it for a cash. this will be my second car for recreational. currently my budget is only up to 65K. 65 including the margin :hmmmm2:. but 65 for me is a lot already. scared made a wrong move then end up repairing all the time aduyai.. for the current time only r32 is the only choice available . r32 then is already 20 years of age IMHO. Recently there's one r32 converted gtr which i asked in "buying gtr" thread since i went to see the car. and i think it's too risky for me as i knew nothing about skylines in real life beside my reading. r33 still in the 70++ price range and r34 higher. maybe should wait for another few months to get a good car. it's okay if i can't get it now. i will keep on eyeing till found one. then that time, i will ask your guys opinion and help on the car. I appreciate your generous help and advise on this. This has been the trademark of skyline communities where the members are so helpful and friendly :top:

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
kanan, first of all what is your budget for skyline??loan or cash? there are lots of skyline gtr out there...if you bring someone expert to view etc, if end up not buying just waste time and the expert will get bad repo...normally ppl more asking then buying..no offence ya..im not mentioning you or etc..but really tired when find good deal, in the end, buyer have no money and need to sell off this la and that...like before, lot of ppl asking me 'bro can get bcnr33..then when somebody posted it, i call them, oh 1001 reason they gave..hehe...so better you list down your budget etc..we here will help you..buy from direct owner is better than used car dealer etc..atleast old timer here like PIMPIN, Rokok or Lemon demon know well the history of the car, owner etc hehe..just my 2 cents
Correction bro..yes im old timer but i know nothing bout skyline :banghead::banghead: just ride and enjoy the drive..in terms of technical i'm totally out..hahaha..so bro kanan you can get any details support from skyline's owner which is hardcore:nurse: like PIMPIN, Feezdya, Vspec, Temujin, Lemon, Gobiz2,EvolutionZ,Dr.D and many more.. :smokin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Actually that's the nature of sales isn't it? The customer is always right? Some people are just very fussy by nature and cannot blame them from walking away from a deal - there is no obligation to buy if the prospective buyer isn't happy with the car due to misrepresentation or is unable to raise financing.

Technically, be it a car dealer or private seller the sale really is an invitation to treat not an offer to sell especially if the term 'negotiable' etc is used. That means the seller is inviting people to make offers within a certain range therefore its understandable that buyers would make an offer that is within their means. I think JaHaX, etc could explain this much better but its really Contract Law 101.

i buying it for a cash. this will be my second car for recreational. currently my budget is only up to 65K. 65 including the margin :hmmmm2:. but 65 for me is a lot already. scared made a wrong move then end up repairing all the time aduyai.. for the current time only r32 is the only choice available . r32 then is already 20 years of age IMHO. Recently there's one r32 converted gtr which i asked in "buying gtr" thread since i went to see the car. and i think it's too risky for me as i knew nothing about skylines in real life beside my reading. r33 still in the 70++ price range and r34 higher. maybe should wait for another few months to get a good car. it's okay if i can't get it now. i will keep on eyeing till found one. then that time, i will ask your guys opinion and help on the car. I appreciate your generous help and advise on this. This has been the trademark of skyline communities where the members are so helpful and friendly :top:
You could get an R32GTST for your budget but bear in mind, if you have RM65k you should not buy a car costing RM65k. If a Skyline is for sale at RM65k, ideally you should have at least RM70k because there will be things that need attention and best to have some extra funds for contingencies. Either way, shop aroud, look at as many cars as you want and only buy the one you're well and trully satisfied with. Buyers always have the upper hand - remember that.

Correction bro..yes im old timer but i know nothing bout skyline :banghead::banghead: just ride and enjoy the drive..in terms of technical i'm totally out..hahaha..so bro kanan you can get any details support from skyline's owner which is hardcore:nurse: like PIMPIN, Feezdya, Vspec, Temujin, Lemon, Gobiz2,EvolutionZ,Dr.D and many more.. :smokin:
Sorry bro, I'm no old timer nor do I possess much technical knowledge. I'm just a busybody looking for excuse to 'jalan-jalan tengok kereta'. For real knowledge, EBM is the only way to go so gobiz2 is who you really want.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think that nice black R32 with rb20 would be a great start into skyline ownership.

Looks like a good buy and within budget.

Skylines are much easier on the pocket compared to continental cars over 5 years old, trust me.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Don't rush in buying. Once in a while there will be bargains to be had not only when buying a Skyline but other marques as well.

For example, a Porsche 911SC came up for sale for only 51k which IIRC was for sale a few years ago for >80k. Might be a lemon, but hey u won't know it until u've seen the car.

I've also come across a road legal R32 GTS-T selling for the odd 30k. When this kind of cars come up, don't expect it to be on sale for long as ready buyers will pounce upon exposure. I lost on that one which is fortunate as I found a much better car.

For ur budget, an R33 is possible. Some have been sold for less than 55k, though u can't expect it to be fully modded with turbos and stuff. Usually when u go down the lower end brakcet, either it would be a stock normally aspirated model, still under student AP or even just a stupid lemon that needs huge amounts of TLC.

Get to know people in this forum, some are really walking treasure troves of information (and poison if ur not careful :rofl:) and would be very helpful in finding the right car for u.

My personal view is, set aside at least 10k above the affordable purchasing budget. I'm not worried too much about the bodywork as long as there is not much rust, but the engine department is what I'm more concerned about. 10k can give u a good rebuild of the engine with some spare change provided ur not going for fully forged builds etc. The engine rebuild is the first thing I did for both my R32 and S13.

Just my 2 cents. Happy hunting bro!

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
if buy this one later cannot catch up with you guys on highways :biggrin: . this one sold Nissan Skyline r33 - Cars for sale Malacca - Mudah.my

It's not about catching up or racing bro. We are all slow drivers anyways. We enjoy driving our Skylines as well as the brotherhood lah bro.

Unless u cucuk gobiz2's RB30 monster BNR32, then it would be different stroy lah. Makan asap until kenyang wor.. :adore::adore::adore:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Our drives are generally pretty easy going anyway. Everyone sticks to a speed at which they feel confident. No one is pressured into keeping up with the psychos up front and its perfectly OK to hang back until you get to know the car better or even if you just feel like taking it easy and take in some scenery.

But like what everyone says, stay clear of the Gorgon. He'll smoke you so hard you'll be farting black smoke for weeks.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro kanan,
what our seniors (pimpin, temujin, feezdya, rokok sebatang) said are all great advice...i would like to add in a little opinion based on my own experience...

if u have budget 65k, u need to standby another 3k for insurance, inspection and transfer. yr insurance will cost u a bomb if u buying comprehensive because ins co will load u with vehicle age loading, dppa or pa insurance plus tax....and set aside another few k for some wear n tear parts i.e timing belt, clutch set, lube change, tires, suspension etc....5-10k would be enuf....
body wise, jdm car if not met any accident before, usually it wont rust so much and nothing much to worry....if accident units, u will notice the joints getting bubble and rust and also crack here n there especially the paint...so its an easy tips to get it started....

when i bought mine, i sent to workshop for a thorough check, estimate how much to repair and did a dyno run to make sure the engine is ok...check out the undercarriage for any rough use etc.....
hope u get a great monsta soon....and no worry about catching up...we are all here enjoying the convoy, the gathering and the friendship....fast or slow its individual preference...end of the day, we enjoy our ride and have fun...cheerz

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
bro kanan,
when i bought mine, i sent to workshop for a thorough check, estimate how much to repair and did a dyno run to make sure the engine is ok...check out the undercarriage for any rough use etc.....
hope u get a great monsta soon....and no worry about catching up...we are all here enjoying the convoy, the gathering and the friendship....fast or slow its individual preference...end of the day, we enjoy our ride and have fun...cheerz
every time i met owners, i always wonder how can i ask the owner for permission to do this kind of check up on his car especially dyno run? do we bring along the owner or we just pay some deposit and drove away his car alone? i think bring to workshop for repair estimate n do a dyno run is the most convincing to me. The dyno, do we run a full blown one like tuning?

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
I think bringing the car to a workshop for checks shouldn't be a problem provided owner goes with you....unless the owner is hiding something about the car and won't allow for checks...a dyno run would be a bit hard...i dont think the owner would agree...because if you're planning to run the engine hard...something might happen to the worn out parts...u wouldn't want to break anything on the car...rebuild would be best once you've purchased the car or at least replacement of the wear and tear parts as mentioned by others...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi...anyone can reccomend me a place on where to paint my engine head cover ??

preferably near Ampang...Thanks!:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience