ZTH KuChiNG zone

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Hey, Mitch. Headers is the exhaust section that is attached to the cyclinder head, if you don't already know. Aftermarket headers are designed for performance so it is normal that they would increase fuel use. That's the way it goes.
There are several styles available. 4 into 1 or 4 into 2 into 1 collector. Then there's the tuned lenght type. It's quite confusing. They are not cheap either.
I personally don't think any of them will help you decrease fuel use but don't quote me on this. If you want performance, they are the way to go though. As for which is best, you will have to wait for Shah, Peter, Evo3 and the rest of the gang to help you out.
I am told that for best peformance, you should get a complete tuned exhaust system like Jac mentioned. Btw, there are other performance filter other than K&N like Works, Simota and Apexi. Money, money, money.
Have fun modding.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
mitch: mode a bit?/ thats just a my term to say not to overdo.. overdo will increase ur fc.. autocrosser has explained.. tankiu bro.. :adore::adore:
all: any one playing carb in kch.. hehehe.. need some secret recipe from seniorsss.. eheheeee.. noob in carb here.. :P

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
the only carb monster i saw this long is the 4g93 dohc twin weber drag monster from STY......... even my fren,the proride motorsport tauke also use stock carb with high cam,port polish head, knn, hotbits full zorts and stroke to 1.6

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
mitch : if not mistake ori header aka exhaust manifold for ur 4g93 engine using 4-2-1...so if ur trying to change ur header with aftermarket type, make sure u know ur looking for wat setup...if u r street type ppl, then i suggest u stick with 4-2-1( or find other 4-2-1 header with bigger diameter piping)...if ur more to weekend dragger then change to 4-1 header....size of ur piping u, centre bullet and ur end muffler type...this is basic mods for exhaust system...intake system normally just change to K&N or other brands of air filter with steel pipe, or u can make a hole at ur front bumper and put a double funnel air intake to supply more air to ur intake manifold:rofl: when u start mods, u also will start ur own r&d:biggrin:
series : tats the prob if u play with rare mods:biggrin:
peterj : ur frens want to sell used parts or not...i got some still can be use adv in mudah but until now no buyer interested:rofl:
autocrosser : loh motorsports normally charge hw much when dyno? got 3 places for dyno dy in kch:driver:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
peterj: just come back from sty.. waiting for the tauke to mode my distributor.. eheheeee.. are u sure 4g93?/ in which car.. i thought the drag car just using a single cam.. eheheee..
shah: dats true bro.. as times goes by, hope to find goods part.. if i am u, using a dohc vtec.. i think every weekend go to workshop and upgrade.. ehehe.. parts can be source in markets.. eheheee..
all: carb can be dyno?/ ehehe.. don noe where to plug in the things.. ehehehee..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
series yeah carb can dyno...just need to bolt on the wideband o2 sensor to your tailpipe to get air fuel ratio readings

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Series- thanks, man.:tee: But i am not worthy. You guys are the real deal. I only talk, talk, talk. :banghead:
Shah- I don't know how much Loh Motorsports charges for the dyno session. I have to admit this is the first time i heard that there is three dynos in Kuching.:embarassed: WOw!

I am thinking of getting a fast car. Used one. VTEC? Proton turbo? SR20DET? What do you guys think?

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
series : if every weekend send car for upgrade surely no more hair dy:rofl:
autocrosser : yup, pro dyno and amad's garage + loh motorsports...
mitch : i think maybe u ask the tauke how to make ur car powerful and fast, so he suggest to used tat header:rofl: its up to u bro,which one u think will suits u:driver:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
tofu: tq bro.. ling time did not hear from you bro.. btw, met nick.. he gave me some idea.. now the prob is spare parts.. as he also dont have parts for sale.. eheheee..
autocrosser: wana get another car bro?/ vtec and mitsubishi part are expensive.. can go for nissan and toyota..t hat iswat a fren told me.. eheheheee..
mitch: maybe the tauke want u to drag, not to speed on the road.. hehehe.. its better for u to know and decide for yourself.. for me, they can advice.. the decision is in your hand.. coz the person wh feel the car are u.. ehehee..
shah: dats why.. wana chane like alang2.. try to complete a little bit, then mayb tuka angin.. any suggestion?/

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
the blue mitsu colt that cut to left bout 600kg in weight that they use for drag race, it is an 4g93 twin weber with tomei cam..

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
Series: Thanks for the advice. Will have to think about this. Really don't want to spend too much money on this. Maybe your are right that i should go with either Toyota or Nissan.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
peterj: i thought its just a 4g15.. ehehe.. coz saw its a single cam.. with twin webber.. ehehehe..
autocrosser: no probs bro..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
there are 2 car from sty, the one u talk is another one, this 1 i talk is really 4g93dohc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Arnold Schwarzenegger has one and the Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page have one in their garage - the roadster from Tesla. Now the electro car manufacturer will hit the market with a 4-door limousine and space for 7 person.

With a range up to 450km and 45-minute QuickCharge, the Tesla Model S can carry five adults and two children in quiet comfort – and you can charge it from any outlet, without ever stopping for gas. The mass-produced electric vehicle offers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience