Fun in the sun, and tunnel runs

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fun in the sun, and tunnel runs!

Is there anyone out there who follows the Top Gear TV series? As I write this, in my mind, I can already see quite a number of hands shooting up. I’m a bit of a fan myself and have been following the series for the last couple of years. In fact, this is the only show that has not yet been deleted from my external HDD to make space. Some of you will know that as a motor-head, I’m a bit of a late-bloomer... so I’m going to admit now that I’ve never really seen the point of a tunnel run.

A quick search on Wikipedia showed that tunnels runs supposedly originated from the UK back in 2004. It is claimed to be a recreational motor vehicle activity for high performance sports cars, involving tunnels, often at night with little traffic. The focus of this activity is to basks in the noises made by the engine in enclosed spaces. If you read the Wiki page, it goes on to detail the background and history, organization, type of vehicles, membership, safety issues... “Blablabla... what a load of crap!”, I thought to myself. “Those English blokes will lay claim to everything they can...”.

Aston Martin Vantage: Short revs - YouTube

Recently, I’ve been trying to come up with ways of making an article more interesting, so that I can reach out to my audience and generate more response/feedback. Zerotohundred is after all web-based, so I decided to find a way to record some videos to insert with my articles. Those of you who have followed my ‘development’ in here might remember some of the rev videos I came up with (and I hope you liked them!), but I wanted to take things to the next level and try to record whilst driving – good for zerotohundred claims, and whatnot… Some quick research online and I found a sturdy (military grade!) mount for my iPhone, contacted a local vendor, and made a quick purchase. The link to the second video (BMW X5) above was shot on my iPhone, mounted on the driver side window.

And then it hit me. Why not try a tunnel run myself? Excited, I gave Mister Zee a call, and he graciously agreed to let me drive his Aston Martin Vantage to take some quick videos. In some ways, you could say that this was an ideal vehicle – Tubi exhaust upgrade and GT3 pipes would do very well with an already sexy sounding V8. Long story short, we scouted for a few places, and I finally understood why tunnel runs were just so damn fun. Just listening to the engine spit, blaaat, pop and burble was just so darn orgasmic, I didn't want to stop! Here's a quick video from the tunnel; I hope you enjoy.

Aston Martin Vantage: Tunnel run in Malaysia - YouTube

Should I get more videos like this in the future? Let me know; I might be able to work something out...

** This article was powered by //r3 Snapshotshttps://www.facebook.com/r3snapshots.

Attachments

Last edited:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
@Razrahim remember to post up your video(s) when you're done! ;)

@Edward Chew the mount I got was RAM. It's a 3-piece set - suction cup, arm, base. You can interchange the base plate so that you can attach a camera instead of an iPhone. Quite flexible. Not cheap, though... my set-up cost me RM175.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Your toll money must've been something else!

Perhaps with your next recording you could use a higher reso mic for more bone chilling vrooms? :biggrin: (ie- spend more money!)

Nice la this. Do more! Could I request a inline 6 boxer next round?

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
@Razrahim remember to post up your video(s) when you're done! ;)

@Edward Chew the mount I got was RAM. It's a 3-piece set - suction cup, arm, base. You can interchange the base plate so that you can attach a camera instead of an iPhone. Quite flexible. Not cheap, though... my set-up cost me RM175.
Bro where you bought man? Couldnt find it on ebay. Haha

razrahim

From Facebook
Sep 11, 2010
www.facebook.com
Bro where you bought man? Couldnt find it on ebay. Haha
RAM Mounts, call Mr. Shan (Low Yat), great guy for all your niche mounting needs,

+60122787090
3rd Flr., Lot 3.IT.28, Low Yat Plaza, No. 7, Jalan 1/77
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan 55100
Malaysia

Will post, looking for a suitable time :)

:driver:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for the delayed response; was away for a couple of days. And yes... SMART tunnel is definitely on the list. Just waiting for a good day/time ;)

As for the mount; I bought mine from the authorized distributor in Malaysia and was in contact with Lyes Mokraoui. Their details below:
GIS Innovation Sdn Bhd (557976-H)
Box#67, Lot 2.48, 2nd Floor, Kompleks Antarabangsa
Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : +603-2145 5575 Fax: +603-2145 5570
Welcome to GIS Innovation Sdn Bhd in Malaysia

They also provide shipping, btw :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanted to know that there any aftermarket performance part or mods can load lsd into proton fwd gearbox? Sound new to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience