My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
I sell SuperPro but your DB8 is not in the list. DA9, DC2 are available though. My guess is your DB8 has the same chassis as DC2?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
ddv_nk12,

From my experience changing the bushings can also be felt like night & day.You can definitely feel the difference in steering response. It will really compliment your suspension setup.
2K for complete installation is way too expensive...

I used Energy Suspension bushings, you can buy the full kit Front & Rear for around RM800 online (excluding the big rear trailing arm ones)....must buy separately. But I recommend buying stock/mugen/spoon or hardrace ones (for big trailing arm).
Total installation cost is around RM600-RM800 & take 2-3 days depending on workshop or. Its a bit af a hassle bcoz your whole suspension must be taken apart & sent to machine shop to press out & insert the bushings. The big rear trailing arm bush must be "burned out" with a flame torch...which can be done DIY..
Thanks for the info bro. So it should be about RM1500 including installation. Quite okay la that price. How do you find the Energy Suspension bushings?

I sell SuperPro but your DB8 is not in the list. DA9, DC2 are available though. My guess is your DB8 has the same chassis as DC2?
I'm not too sure about this. But yes, most likely same chassis as DC2. Anyone to confirm?

Can you quote me the price please?

Thanks.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i have a question in regards to bushings and stiff rings...

say if one day i wannt change ALL the bushings in my car... and i already have the stiff rings installed...will the subframe need to be unscrewed? or will it be untouched?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
i have a question in regards to bushings and stiff rings...

say if one day i wannt change ALL the bushings in my car... and i already have the stiff rings installed...will the subframe need to be unscrewed? or will it be untouched?
Based on the spoon video on stiff rings(find in youtube), disassembly of the suspension arms is not required, the car is jacked and the subframe is unscrewed & lowered just enough to put in the stiff ring (a couple of inches only) & then screwed back into place.
*it also mentions that racecars just weld the subframe to the chassis (both achieve the same goal)....a cheaper alternatif....if you dont mind the hassle larr...

Whereas with changing the bushings, the subframe is not touched but only the suspension arms are disassembled.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

ddv_nk12,

Link
Energy Bush Kit Complete For EG EK DC2 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Thanks for the link aalto. What do you think about the Energy Suspension bushings' performance? What does it improve?

I know I have started a thread on suspension being my next upgrade. But looks like it's gonna take some time for me to save up that much. So, in the mean time I am still considering the PU bushings or UR bars. I got a quotation for UR bars for my car and it's quite affordable, even for the whole car. But I don't plan on using UR for the whole car. I want my front and rear strut bars to be Type R or Mugen or Spoon struts, just for the bling factor. Then,the others like fender bars, I will go for UR. What say you guys?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Thanks for the link aalto. What do you think about the Energy Suspension bushings' performance? What does it improve?
No prob...

I've been using them for almost 3 years now, and IMO there wonderful....my cambers haven't moved at all, improved steering response, better play of the dampers..
On sharp corners you can really feel the difference of the car being planted (almost like gokart feeling...hehe).
Taking bumps feels softer, no more "clunk" sounds..I think its due to less movement by the bushings (especially old ones) and bumps are absorbed directly to the dampers. My previously stiff suspension felt softer.
Basically you get that "new car" ride feeling.

I did a little bit a research before I installed mine, mostly from American forums, there are haters & lovers....IMO the haters are typical americans people who cant take a corner...hehe....
Some will say it will make lots of squeeking sound eventually. But in my experience, i havent heard any squeeking yet, maybe they just didn't instal it properly or use the lubricant given...

There are some issues though for me, mainly hard braking entering a corner (or during trail braking) & braking in high speed corners. The rear of the car becomes a little bit "twitchy/loose" & can cause some oversteering. Remember I said to get stock or mugen/spoon, hardrace bushings for the real trailing arm (big). If you use the Energy bushings (like I did), you will get this issue, bcoz on the stock bush design there is 2 axis movement (updown & side2), whereas the Energy ones allow only 1 axis movement (up down). The kit you saw in the link doesn't include this bush and needs to be purchase separately, so I recommend you get other rubber bushings for this.

I hope this helps..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
How about ARB? They improve handling by quite a lot, but they are bit more expensive then 'regular' bars. Mugen items are a bit more expensive than the rest you've mentioned, easily around rm300~400 for strut bars, but they do look nicer.I had the same idea as yours but decided to go all UR instead, no money..hahaha

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
aalto: It certainly helped. I like lengthy explanations like yours. Makes it easier for noobs like me to understand better and learn a lot. I will follow as advised. Just waiting for the right time to do it.

pwhyze: I enquired ARB from an UR dealer but he doesn't have the ARB for my car. I might just use OEM ARB, UR fender bars and Spoon/Mugen front and rear struts.

This will most likely be my small upgrades while waiting for to save up for the next big thing: adjustable suspension. I'll just have to do one by one starting with ARB.

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
I dunno bout DB8 chasis but for EK/EJ chasis, UR fender bar need to be weld or drill a hole into ur car chasis in order to install it. If got budget try to look for Japan one ... all fits properly.I prefer to wait n save $$ for Japan one eventhough a bit pricey coz later might not happy with squeaking sound

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
~Gong Xi Fa Cai~ to all ZTH members.

DB8 chassis is quite similar to DC and EG models i believe. I know most DC/EG parts will fit DB but not EJ/EK.

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
I know it wont fit ur db8 chasis but what im trying to say, in order to install ur fender bar ... i think welding or drilling ur chasis is required (if based on ek/ej chasis) n later might end up with squeaking sound ... better look for ori Jap even its 2nd parts

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I see what you mean. I agree. But just to clarify, UR products won't fit properly? Need to mod like drill holes and so on?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah....even the fender bar for kelisa had to be either drilled or welded... coz theres actually no proper mounting holes for them

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Boring boring boring...

I was like in the workshop almost every Saturday, go kedai potong, accessories shop last year! This year I have to tie up myself from going to these places to save money. Hehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2day around 4pm++, my maid called me n told me sumthing at my car posh has been stolen. So i get back 2 my hse 2 check n realize dat my car's sport rim has been stolen. Duno which bloody f***er who stole my sport rim.
here r d pics....

D brand of d rim is enkei, 13 inch, for drift cars. Last yr, another f***er stole my RPM meter, d brand is Pivot... got shift light and itz around 3.5 inch. Pic will b uploaded soon....

pic will be updated 2morow!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience