Want thumping bass sound w/o woofer+box installation..possible?

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
hi,

Im driving a AD Resort and i love ICE.
I bought the wagon for the large "boot" size, but at the same time want to "layan" good music with good sound balance

Currently I have a double din installed,,with a 50Wx4 output..a component 6" at front and a 5" midbass for rear..all which installed at the door panel by the old owner

Sound is ok..the loud is there..but the bass thumping is shallow..n the treble is "as is"

As previously I had quite a good ICE setup with all the appropriate components,woofers,amps,eq etc...i kinda want the same..if not equal setup in a wagon without compromising boot space (no woofer box installation)

Do u guys have any suggestions?
brand?
setup diagram?
good shop in kl?

LeBronJames

Nov 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi,

Im driving a AD Resort and i love ICE.
I bought the wagon for the large "boot" size, but at the same time want to "layan" good music with good sound balance

Currently I have a double din installed,,with a 50Wx4 output..a component 6" at front and a 5" midbass for rear..all which installed at the door panel by the old owner

Sound is ok..the loud is there..but the bass thumping is shallow..n the treble is "as is"

As previously I had quite a good ICE setup with all the appropriate components,woofers,amps,eq etc...i kinda want the same..if not equal setup in a wagon without compromising boot space (no woofer box installation)

Do u guys have any suggestions?
brand?
setup diagram?
good shop in kl?
Hi there,

Personal experience. Two options

1.) just buy a 6.5" sub-woofer with build in-amp. Price is around 1k + Safe place as you can put under passenger seat. The base is not bad. I got a 2nd hand VOZ brand bought around 1k + but now selling at RM400. (comes with complete item)

2.) Buy a 12" sub-woofer and custom made it to fit side of your trunk. This will confirm safe space compare with a normal box. The sound would be more solid compare with the normal box if install correctly. Price is ddepends on the sub-woofer you want example Mid range RM600 + customize box RM600 +-.

Your car, your choice. Happy modding.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
i have installed my 12 inch sub into my car but the problem is i dont want to put box into my trunk...can someone suggest me how to solve this problem...like the "pom pom" sound...but more likely if can make the "dum dum" sound

Attachments

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
underseat subs are a far cry from real subs in a good box. at most u get 20-30% of the thump only.

one way to avoid box is to invest in fibreglass enclosure at side of boot, easier for sedan, not for wagon.

i suggest get a 10 inch sub in a small box. my friend had a 9inch focal in a small 0.6 cu ft box, sounded good in his citra

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
underseat subs are a far cry from real subs in a good box. at most u get 20-30% of the thump only.

one way to avoid box is to invest in fibreglass enclosure at side of boot, easier for sedan, not for wagon.

i suggest get a 10 inch sub in a small box. my friend had a 9inch focal in a small 0.6 cu ft box, sounded good in his citra
thx for the idea.

thinking of going to the same route..which is replacing with higher quality components and mid bass (ie higher watts) for the door cards and installing single shallow sub with mdf box drove by an amp..
simple wiring yet effective

any good brand suggestion for components/midbass/woofer and amps..or any good shop to recommend?

mant53

Jul 1, 2009
have u tried using MDF? medium density fiber board? the board of ur speakers will make lot of differences in bass response

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
get 10" twin coil (double phase) type woofer....no need bigger than that....

this type or woofer have awesome respons (very very very responsive) and give solid bass sound.....

no matter how good the casing if the speaker sucks then so do the sound it produce... :adore:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
thx for the idea.

thinking of going to the same route..which is replacing with higher quality components and mid bass (ie higher watts) for the door cards and installing single shallow sub with mdf box drove by an amp..

any good brand suggestion for components/midbass/woofer and amps..or any good shop to recommend?
all depends on your budget range. can recommend shops that ive worked at before.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why not consider a tube bass sub? They provide better thump than those active subwoofers but aren't nearly as good as enclosed subs. Tube subs don't take up too much space.

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
thx for the idea.

May opt for different brands or stick on a brand for ur ICE system.

If stick on a brand, would recommend Stellar as it has wide series of products, i.e. amp, subw, tube, speakers, component... reasonable price wt good quality ^^

For different brands, quite a lot to be recommended.. haha~
Like Zenn mentioned, have to depends ur budget. Most importantly, ur music preference.

Could recommend you my KL workshop that is on year end promo PLUS customized music tuning service.

Have fun!

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

1 10" subwoofer and 2 10" passive radiators. It is low profiled, saves precious space yet produce great bass.

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
bro YYC...what brand is that and where can purchase?
any specs for it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,dear all

My Lancer Gt is giving me a big headache! While I'm driving the brake warning display 'Check!' will come out on and off and it makes my cd player went off for second. Did anyone here experienced this before?I send to few different workshops to check but different technicians told me different things! I really need some advice now~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience