Sound stream ice

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
Hi...

I just newly bought a Sound stream L4.240 amp with a carrozzeria front component set (don know what series) and 10 inches sub woofer.. i would like to ask if i want to change the sound stream component set speaker what the suggestion and what is the performance level of L4.240 amp in the ice world ??? i really like to know i am newbie in the car ice...

Thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you just bought, why are you thinking about changing? Use it first and optimize the setup with good tuning and enjoy your music. If possible don't audit other cars otherwise you'll get poisoned and if you do, then only come back and ask us this question "What do I upgrade?"

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
Izso.. hahah maybe i doesnt make my message clear.. actually i only newly bought the Sound stream 4 channel amp.. but the component set is old speaker come with my car and the 10 inches sub woofer is i bought it before this using in my previous car ... i say to change speaker because i keep on comparing with my previous ICE set up with my current car ... my previous car set up is

- 4 channel amp for front component set and rear component set
- 2 channel amp for for sub woofer
- electronic cross over

for the item i listed above the brand is ICE Stereo. So i feel my current car ICE the singing voice is not solid enough or should i listen for longer time first and let the shop to fine tune my ice sound again???? because i just get my sound stream 4 channel amp few days ago only...

Thanks..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh ok.

What HU are you using? I've never played with the newer Soundstream amps so I don't know what characteristic they have. Tuning isn't too hard, leave the cross over settings as they are, set the amp gain to 0 and turn up your HU volume to 70%-80% of the max volume. Then slowly increase the amp gain until the sound is reasonably loud and clear. That's it.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
i think he wants to know new soundstream good or not, answer is no, but ok for beginners la...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
coz he asked for it, hehehehe.....

chimaera

Dec 25, 2005
Izso... currently i am using Alpine 502E HU... ahah yes Izso u really understand the newbie feeling i want to see what kind of set up to fully utilize my car ice set up because i am thinking wanna add another 2 channel amp for my woofer and let the 4 channel amp power my front and rear speaker .. and might want to change the speaker also.. i prefer solid and clear sound.. for my car ICE...

Bro Zenn... u don bully newbie here ler.... when talk about ICE got so many different level.... each person have different level of perception on the ICE requirement... maybe sound stream ICE stuff not up to ur level i guess u should be using RM 30,000.00 ICE set up in ur car... sound stream for this moment is good enough for me already........ bro ur msg sound like : "WHY U BOUGHT THE SUCK SOUND STREAM AMP" ... sorry bro hope u don mind... hehehhe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Honestly I don't believe in 'crappy' gear. I only believe that you get peanuts if you pay peanuts so all systems are good. Just a matter of how good they are. Let's just maximise what you have then only talk about upgrading it later down the line. The only thing I protest against is fakes.

Honestly - forget about the rear speakers. Mine are still stock. If you want (and if your amp can handle it) you can run your front component speakers active (2 channels to the tweeters and 2 channels to the midbass). I'm not familiar with SS amps so I can't recommend what component sets goes well with it. But if the amp is anything like the newer SS characteristics, you'll want to get a component set that isn't 'bright' sounding otherwise you'll pierce your eardrums me think.

Usually the recommended setup is separate amps for sub and front speakers. Preferably a class AB monoblock for the sub and a nice AB, A or hybrid for the front. Class D is ok but I personally don't like the way it sounds if compared side by side to an equal class AB amp. It's personal preference la. Class D is super efficient so amps don't run hot so that's a plus point though. You can pretty much forget about class A and hybrid amps at your 'level' since these type of amps usually cost more than just an arm or leg.

My question to you is what is your definition of "solid and clear sound"? Best for you now (and this is my personal advice) is to go make friends with ICErs, have a listen to their cars and determine which setup you like, then aim to upgrade your car to have similar hardware as them. But also know that hardware is just 50% of the equation (hardware = your car acoustics and your ICE gear), the other 50% is tuning. So you need to either master tuning your own car or find a reliable tuner who knows what you want and can deliver it to you.

But word of warning : Auditing other ICErs cars = poisoning yourself into hating your existing setup. :biggrin:

Good luck!

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Be careful, I dont think Izso setup is humble. . .
Got a glimpse of his amp in his UR bar DIY install :P
that is not something I would consider as 'humble setup' :D

Most Ice sifu would say, dont bother about the rear speakers :)
So, focus your effort on getting better tuning/equipment for the front and subs. Unless, you want 5.1 in your car. . . :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Be careful, I dont think Izso setup is humble. . .
Got a glimpse of his amp in his UR bar DIY install :P
that is not something I would consider as 'humble setup' :D

Most Ice sifu would say, dont bother about the rear speakers :)
So, focus your effort on getting better tuning/equipment for the front and subs. Unless, you want 5.1 in your car. . . :)
humble compared to the anacondas out there la.. that one is true poison! :biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Honestly I don't believe in 'crappy' gear. I only believe that you get peanuts if you pay peanuts so all systems are good. Just a matter of how good they are. Let's just maximise what you have then only talk about upgrading it later down the line. The only thing I protest against is fakes.

Honestly - forget about the rear speakers. Mine are still stock. If you want (and if your amp can handle it) you can run your front component speakers active (2 channels to the tweeters and 2 channels to the midbass). I'm not familiar with SS amps so I can't recommend what component sets goes well with it. But if the amp is anything like the newer SS characteristics, you'll want to get a component set that isn't 'bright' sounding otherwise you'll pierce your eardrums me think.

Usually the recommended setup is separate amps for sub and front speakers. Preferably a class AB monoblock for the sub and a nice AB, A or hybrid for the front. Class D is ok but I personally don't like the way it sounds if compared side by side to an equal class AB amp. It's personal preference la. Class D is super efficient so amps don't run hot so that's a plus point though. You can pretty much forget about class A and hybrid amps at your 'level' since these type of amps usually cost more than just an arm or leg.

My question to you is what is your definition of "solid and clear sound"? Best for you now (and this is my personal advice) is to go make friends with ICErs, have a listen to their cars and determine which setup you like, then aim to upgrade your car to have similar hardware as them. But also know that hardware is just 50% of the equation (hardware = your car acoustics and your ICE gear), the other 50% is tuning. So you need to either master tuning your own car or find a reliable tuner who knows what you want and can deliver it to you.

But word of warning : Auditing other ICErs cars = poisoning yourself into hating your existing setup. :biggrin:

Good luck!
well said bro. :adore:

since we are on the topic..can i just ask if anyone has heard of 'Performance' brand? a friend of mine sold off his car and gave me his EQ which is 'performance' 2 CH amp + 10" sub.

im still contemplating if its worth to install...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
well said bro. :adore:

since we are on the topic..can i just ask if anyone has heard of 'Performance' brand? a friend of mine sold off his car and gave me his EQ which is 'performance' 2 CH amp + 10" sub.

im still contemplating if its worth to install...
Here's my advice - if there's nothing wrong with your current setup, don't bother with the EQ. As for the amp and sub, if you don't have one then no harm installing. If you have one, I'd like to know if it's a good one or not.

Personally I've never heard of 'Performance'. Sounds like a China-mari brand to me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi every sifu,

i want to ask, is there a difference between wira 1.5GL and 1.5GLi front suspension?

i own a 1.5GL where my bro own a 1.5GLi

i saw my bro front is higher than mine...
for example, for his car, i can put 4 fingers in the spacing between the tyre to the chassis. where mine only can fit 3 fingers.

but i notice some 1.5GL front, some same as mine, some the high rate is like 1.5GLi

what they change ? spring ? or absorber ? or add on rubber (but i dont prefer to add on rubber)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience