BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think you no need to change anything but adding thing only. If want to hassle free just standby 20k and find a reputable workshop to fix it. Now day BOT kit can find easily.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
guys, im driving honda civic eg with D16 stock engine. thinking to get a low boost for my car.. could the low boost make as soft turbo like those luxury car? in term of more power i expect to save fuel... thinking to boost maybe 0.3 bar or less than 0.5 bar. what do i need to change? im not a person who like to race, just wish to get better fuel consumption and slight power increase:adore::burnout:
Plonk in a management and get it tuned. There u go.... U better fuel consumption and slightly better power and response... No turbo required

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Plonk in a management and get it tuned. There u go.... U better fuel consumption and slightly better power and response... No turbo required
but my civic engine no power... 15 years liao.... top overhauled.... still so so only... thinking of getting low boost turbo.. 0.3 bar... bov plus power increased... nice... hehehe

viostar

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
but my civic engine no power... 15 years liao.... top overhauled.... still so so only... thinking of getting low boost turbo.. 0.3 bar... bov plus power increased... nice... hehehe
aranny2001,

Before go for BOT project, pls make sure that your current engine is in healthy condition.
Just to avoid any hassles issue during BOT.

Good luck...

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
aranny2001,

Before go for BOT project, pls make sure that your current engine is in healthy condition.
Just to avoid any hassles issue during BOT.

Good luck...
healthy condition? at least some example or coverage to refer... thx:biggrin:... im still making decision to choose either BOT or swap a B16A engine into my EG9~

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifu-sifu, pardon me for asking a noob question yea. Does a bolt on turbo decrease the engine life? The other day I was told that it decreases the engine life rapidly, it could be true based on common sense. But I'd like to hear from those that have installed a BOT in their cars. Cheers!

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
Hi sifu-sifu, pardon me for asking a noob question yea. Does a bolt on turbo decrease the engine life? The other day I was told that it decreases the engine life rapidly, it could be true based on common sense. But I'd like to hear from those that have installed a BOT in their cars. Cheers!
BOT with proper tune up and parts, engine will be in good condition, BOT without proper tune and parts, and hell driving like nuts, yeap..it will kaboom in no time.. :flute:

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
this is an interesting thread and i hope the fellow bros here can assist me in my query.

I'm driving a Mitsubishi lancer cs3 (4g18) and I intend to do a custom td04 turbo kit in JB. But I have not much idea as to where can I do it. I went to HV racing but the price they quoted me was pretty high.

I was thinking of trying out visworks at permas. I know many years ago they were v popular. But recently not much news of them. can't seem to find much feedback on them. Any bros here have any review with visworks? Good/bad?

Or do u guys have any other alternative advices would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks alot!!

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Due to Viswork is more focus on 4X4 engine they become less active on drag and driff.

ken_junyi

Jan 19, 2011
singapore
ah... icic... so technically speaking their workmanship should be still good?

Just that they don't focus on drift n drag scenes? Hence we don't hear much of them??

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Generally they still ok. Beside that they also more experience to handle such mod maybe I should say one stop for all you need.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
would like to ask if after bot i want use back previous owner setting just copy the setting from his e-manage?
I dun understand the reason for saving RM300 and risking ur engine as turbo/engine spec might be same but differs in condition. It will turn out to be completely different in tuning.

For the e manage n emcon question. U can even tune emcon with emanate software.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is one cars in this compilation that was in a horrible condition. Purely a work horse for more than 3 years, the car was also fully washed, polished and maintained by a untrained detailer cum driver. Being a solid white car, swirls are not so visible but the paint look really very dull.

The car was covered in alot of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience