Project Z Week 16 : Engines out! RB26DETT to come

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak

Alright, the Z's engine is out. There goes the tiny heart that has been pumping insufficient blood to its frail tired body. We are gonna do something really awesome to it. What you say? We are gonna chuck in a really really awesome engine to it. That's right, its the RB26DETT. The guy from Fong Seng Autoparts has been nice enough to hold on to the last unit of the RB26DETT that they have on hand and the last piece is going for RM2,800.

Look at the large engine bay, it's possible to fit anything larger than the old red top RB20 engine. I would anticipate it would definitely fit in a larger V8 engine, should we go that route. But from the viewpoints of economic common sense, the V8 engine is gonna create a big hole in paying the yearly road tax. (I could only wish the government would have offered more relaxed taxable amounts for the larger engines, such as those in USA and Australia)

There's the old RB20 red top. It's served its old master pretty well and its just not a very wise choice to rebuild it and use the old engine again. This ones definitely gotta go and to those who want a cheap upgrade to their cars, give me an offer price off private message or call me up at 016-5511035. Your purchase will contribute directly to the Z project build and have your name mentioned in the donors list as well.

Becoming Michael Jackson, with his nose falling off

Old gearbox tossed by the side, it would be part of the RB20 sale, any takers?

Look at the amount of wires, thats just gonna be a lot of mess to sort out!

So yes, the guy who works for Fong Seng Autoparts has been nice enough to hold on to the last unit for our build. He mentions that, the engine is complete, minus the flywheel, coils and ECU. The important items, such as the turbine, manifold and wiring harness are present and given with part of the sale.

He has agreed to knock RM300 off the engine purchase, his personal donation to the engine purchase and he hopes that we could do a good job in the project build and finish it in time. So, I would definitely recommend you guys, if you have any parts or half cut items that you are seeking, give Fong Seng Autoparts a try, here's the link below, add him on Facebook profile and group

Fong Seng Autoparts | Facebook

FONG SENG AUTOPARTS - Syarikat - Selangor, Malaysia | Facebook

Here's the current collection since its inception few days ago. Thank you to those who contributed so generously.

The donations can be in minimum denominations of RM50 and we will acknowledge your name (either in your forum username or full name). We will continuously update the donors list week by week, whenever there is one. Please email me at [email protected] if you have made your donations.

You can donate by either methods : Paypal or Maybank2U

The paypal account address is [email protected]

or

Here's the details of the bank in account

Maybank
Lee Han Foong

Donated parties (cash):

1. RM50 from Nadz - M2U
2. RM50 from (name withheld) - Paypal
3. RM50 from tksu - Paypal
4. RM50 from VectorX2 - CIMB Clicks
5. RM50 from Zaidi - Paypal

Donated parties (items)

1. RM300 from Kevin Lee - Interior dome light, pilot light and door handles

Donated parties (cash discount)

1. RM300 from Fong Seng Autoparts

Please pass this news around. It will be great to have this built completed as quickly as possible. It would be an experience to resurrect this monster from his grave and bring it out to the general public. Think of a modern, real life iteration of resurrecting the Devil Z, with a modern twist. (with reference to Wangan Midnight Racing Manga/Anime) Cheers, thanks for the support all. Have a great Merdeka and Hari Raya month to all Malaysians. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
Greetings from CIMB Clicks!

You've just received RM 50.00 from XXX deposited into your A/C No : 108048051546 on 20-Aug-2011 20:37:43 PM via CIMB Clicks.

Thank you & have a good day ahead!

Warm Regards
CIMB Clicks Team

*********************************************************************** Privileged/confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the named recipient or addressee, you are hereby notified that any use review, disclosure or copying of the contents herein is strictly prohibited. In such a case, kindly discard all its contents and notify sender accordingly regarding such unauthorized disclosure or transmission by email. Opinions, conclusions, statements and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of CIMB Group shall be understood as neither given or endorsed by it. The contents herein are meant strictly for the use of the named recipient or addressee of CIMB Group. No assumption of responsibility or liability whatsoever is undertaken by CIMB Group in respect of prohibited and unauthorised use by any other person. ***********************************************************************

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone...

u know the 'hole' where air cond comes out
got 'leave' we can adjust air flow direction one?

where can buy that thing?
mine is old car... easy to find?

and...
how to install it?

anyone can teach me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience