Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know how

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Turtlewax has a sticker remover, if youre lucky you can find them in hardware stores... I use that or WD-40 :proud: .

mustang125

Known Member
Aug 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i use thick hard cards (point cards,toll cards..etc)
slowly u can remove any stickers ( road tax ,etc especially on windscreens)
other wording sticky stickers on body u may use nylon threads...:smokin:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
You can use Gel, Bug and Tar Remover. I tried Turtlewax before. It worked fine for me. A bit of work required but it does not damage the paint.

hungryJack

Nov 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
the safest way to remove sticky sticker residue is by using Optimum Polymer Technologies' Power Clean. with the dilution ratio of 1:3 1 part power clean 3 part water, you will be able to remove your sticky residue as simple as 1 2 3 and a b c, Power Clean is paint safe and clear coat safe. it is a cleaner yes. just spray on and agitate till its gone.

Car detailer: Professional Car detailing - massive interior cleaning

applying the same technique at the interior detailing my sifu did on this post. agitate till removed
As far as i know is not easy to purchase Optimum product in those major hardware store in KL/PJ ... i like to purchase ONR for car washing too :)

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Contact Kc for Optimum products. You can never find it on the shelves. Its only through him and a few other detailers in the forum here if I'm not mistaken.

carcrazy_sbs

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
Optimum Power Clean is really a good solution for u to clean up the decals, easy and effortless......hahaha for sure not on full strength, dilute to 1:3 or 1:5 will work great, Optimum products really a good investment for detailing, ONR, OPC, OCW and OOS its enough for the protection and glossy looks.....will try my OOS soon as i not free to apply yet, OPC, ONR and OCW really impress me and its so easy to use and really no hard rubbing.....hahaha Optimum making my car wash and removing decals much more easier and faster.......hehehe

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The answers to the poll is really misleading! Most car detailers/enthusiasts won't select any of the options listed.

To safely remove labels, stickers, use a paint safe degreaser/APC/tar remover (Optimum power clean, Osren Degreaser FX, CarPro TarX, pH neutral citrus based degreaser, etc). Event then, you will need to wash off the product properly and before it dries up. I tend to avoid recommending solvent based products (petrol, diesel, kerosene, turpentine, WD40, lighter fluid, etc) unless it is deemed clear coat safe and you have at least done a test spot safely. Even then you would need to wash the area off again with car shampoo or APC to ensure there is no residual oils left behind (e.g: petrol/diesel - I use it to clean/degrease chains as it leaves an oily coat behind to prevent rusting after cleaning up). There is double effort here due to the extra clean up step. Some solvents may even haze/etch the clear coat unknowingly until you check your paint under proper/certain lighting conditions. Better be safe than sorry unless your car is a beater and you don't really care about the paint.

After removing the sticker/adhesive successfully, apply a coat of wax/sealant to protect the paint.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Hmm might be out of the subject but I think some of us might want to know including me. For the road tax disc that have been removed there are some adhesive residue stuck to the windscreen. It might not be a problem to use petrol of thinner to remove it but since I have a layer of tint on the windscreen, will it damage the tint? What is the best solution without purchasing those adhesive remover which I only use once in a blue moon? Sorry TS hijack your thread a bit.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm might be out of the subject but I think some of us might want to know including me. For the road tax disc that have been removed there are some adhesive residue stuck to the windscreen. It might not be a problem to use petrol of thinner to remove it but since I have a layer of tint on the windscreen, will it damage the tint? What is the best solution without purchasing those adhesive remover which I only use once in a blue moon? Sorry TS hijack your thread a bit.
I use denatured alcohol to remove the left over adhesive which is safe but takes a while to clean up. The tint on my car came with an instruction not to use any ammonia based products. Safest, go back to the tint shop and ask them to remove it as they should know best what chemicals are compatible with their tint. After that use those removable road tax stickers.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
how about car decals that has been stuck to that particular spot for 4 years and you want to remove it ?

i tried alot of method but that sticker is now kinda "fused" with the fender already....

T.T

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Modifying cars doesnt addup the FC, possible?

how true could it be?
and how do someone actually achieve that?
heard someone claims adding performance != adding FC :D
i know new engines are sophisticated that even they hav high engine capacity and power(eg new BMW 330Ci)
but their FC still falls under the quite economical side (that car gives a 11.8km/l)

but im talking about general car modding that usually adds more power
modding engines to give power...smoother ride blah blah...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience