This is what i did for my engine 4g92 sohc

l2s_turbo

Oct 23, 2004
Nope, of course not N/A; its just simple bolt on turbo. I am on auto gearbox, so I don't plan to high boost, just 0.5-0.6 bar for daily drive. Pictures will take later and post, just a stock looking setup. Plan to redo the intercooler pipings if I got time, as now it is very messy.
Wow..great.. take more pics bro.. share some recipes here.. :adore:

Shinjite

Feb 27, 2006
jack5703, your autobox can withstand the extra power? 1.6 autoboxes tend to be fragile
Using stock high compression pistons with thicker metal gasket? Tuned with e-manage?

jack5703

Mar 18, 2010
jack5703, your autobox can withstand the extra power? 1.6 autoboxes tend to be fragile
Using stock high compression pistons with thicker metal gasket? Tuned with e-manage?
Hi sir,

Yup according to my sifu the 1.6 autobox can only withstand 150-160WHP only.

Now I am on stock pistons and gasket. I am using E-manage. :burnout:

l2s_turbo

Oct 23, 2004
Hi sir,

Yup according to my sifu the 1.6 autobox can only withstand 150-160WHP only.

Now I am on stock pistons and gasket. I am using E-manage. :burnout:
Everything stock, cool... only piggyback..:love:

jack5703

Mar 18, 2010
Everything stock, cool... only piggyback..:love:
I did it on very tight budget, bought most things second hand, refurbish the parts e.g. gasket, hoses etc, and e-manage plus my friend help me to install and do wideband tuning etc. Total cost not more than RM3500. Pretty satisfied with it haha. :idea:

l2s_turbo

Oct 23, 2004
I did it on very tight budget, bought most things second hand, refurbish the parts e.g. gasket, hoses etc, and e-manage plus my friend help me to install and do wideband tuning etc. Total cost not more than RM3500. Pretty satisfied with it haha. :idea:
That is what i'm gonna do next on a very tight budget project for my gf's picanto.. hehe.. i think must get some tips from you already.. by the way how long has you been on BOT? I need to know the reliability.. :adore:

Shinjite

Feb 27, 2006
Damn.....RM3.5K is darn cheap for a 150whp return
Oh yeah do get an ATF cooler for your autobox to prolong its life as a safety precaution

Your setup if convert to manual, easily >160whp already. Can go against B16B easily

jack5703

Mar 18, 2010
That is what i'm gonna do next on a very tight budget project for my gf's picanto.. hehe.. i think must get some tips from you already.. by the way how long has you been on BOT? I need to know the reliability.. :adore:

Base on experience I would strongly not recommend doing it on Picanto if you are on budget, reason being the manifold you would have to custom which can cost you RM1k already.

For my case, most of my parts are from GSR turbo, you can buy second hand turbine + wastegate + manifold for RM650 ish. Complete GSR intercooler + piping very much less than RM1k after you refurbish all the rubber hoses to silicon.

Reliability wise, should be fine if run on low boost. Of course must tune to get good reliability, get the most optimal AFR so that the engine has sufficient ratio of air to fuel at all times.

So far only run for one month, planning to change to manual soon so not going to install ATF cooler. Will post some pictures as soon as I go home hehe. :love:

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

l2s_turbo

Oct 23, 2004

Base on experience I would strongly not recommend doing it on Picanto if you are on budget, reason being the manifold you would have to custom which can cost you RM1k already.

For my case, most of my parts are from GSR turbo, you can buy second hand turbine + wastegate + manifold for RM650 ish. Complete GSR intercooler + piping very much less than RM1k after you refurbish all the rubber hoses to silicon.

Reliability wise, should be fine if run on low boost. Of course must tune to get good reliability, get the most optimal AFR so that the engine has sufficient ratio of air to fuel at all times.

So far only run for one month, planning to change to manual soon so not going to install ATF cooler. Will post some pictures as soon as I go home hehe. :love:

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Yup i know the manifold is going to cost a bit.. but for the rest? because i already have the turbo,blow off valve,intercooler,ecu.. i think only need the turbo manifold and the piping rite? i'm also planning to run low boost..so i think the piston no need to touch? Metal gasket? need? Someone told me need to add extra injectors.. isit true?

jack5703

Mar 18, 2010
Yup i know the manifold is going to cost a bit.. but for the rest? because i already have the turbo,blow off valve,intercooler,ecu.. i think only need the turbo manifold and the piping rite? i'm also planning to run low boost..so i think the piston no need to touch? Metal gasket? need? Someone told me need to add extra injectors.. isit true?
Hi, yup apart from the turbo manifold you need to custom the intercooler pipings. Piston and metal gasket you can leave it for now, you will need injectors, and better fuel pump.

For injectors if you use low impedance remember to add resistor pack. Most importantly I would recommend you go for management like e-manage, else your car will run funny. :stupid:

Good luck in your BOT!

l2s_turbo

Oct 23, 2004
Hi, yup apart from the turbo manifold you need to custom the intercooler pipings. Piston and metal gasket you can leave it for now, you will need injectors, and better fuel pump.

For injectors if you use low impedance remember to add resistor pack. Most importantly I would recommend you go for management like e-manage, else your car will run funny. :stupid:

Good luck in your BOT!
Thanks bro for the tips..

Shinjite

Feb 27, 2006
Went for a dyno tune today at GT Auto, got 124whp with 13.37kg of torque, kinda dissapointed but overall driving now has improved by leaps and bounds especially at the low end :D

jack5703

Mar 18, 2010
Went for a dyno tune today at GT Auto, got 124whp with 13.37kg of torque, kinda dissapointed but overall driving now has improved by leaps and bounds especially at the low end :D
Whats your setup? I did some minor changes since last year, got 183whp and 199nm torque @ GT auto too. :driver:

Hybrid. I say the word with a bit of malevolence to it. I’ll be honest here and admit I’ve never been a fan of the concept. In my opinion, forced induction is the definitive way forward. Imagine the irony when Porsche called me up and unexpectedly offered me the keys to a Panamera S Hybrid for a day. I accepted the offer of course, but I certainly had my...