Product review : Old vs New - Osram Night Breaker Plus Halogen Bulbs

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Osram nightbreaker plus better than phillips xtreme vision?
Personally, Phillips has never been long lasting for me. So in terms of lifespan, Osram is better. In terms of brightness, I haven't tried xtreme vision so I can't comment

HaziqRais

Known Member
May 4, 2011
Kelantan
Xtreme vision is more expensive bcs its just latest right?
I found osram nightbreaker plus H4 for rm90. Good price?

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
thanks for the write up.
wonder how it perform on thick fog condition (low beam).......
There are reasons why fog lamps are usually yellowish/orange-ish and so i think these should be OK judging by the colour from the pics. Unlike HID in rain and fog....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thanks for the write up.
wonder how it perform on thick fog condition (low beam).......
As FGT has stated, they work like normal headlights in fog situations. They won't break a fog as easily as a properly setup foglight. But in the rain it works very well, not blind like HID in the rain!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Last time I was debating to use nightbreaker or HIDs. But when I read reviews online, they said this nightbreaker doesn't last. Lifetime very short. That's why Osram phase it out and came out with "nightbreaker Plus". It is suppose to have extra life time. And form review, they said that the light isn't vey white. Just around 4000k. But wow from your pics, it looks like it is really white! If you have written this earlier, I'd probably go for this instead of HIDs... hahaha...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Last time I was debating to use nightbreaker or HIDs. But when I read reviews online, they said this nightbreaker doesn't last. Lifetime very short. That's why Osram phase it out and came out with "nightbreaker Plus". It is suppose to have extra life time. And form review, they said that the light isn't vey white. Just around 4000k. But wow from your pics, it looks like it is really white! If you have written this earlier, I'd probably go for this instead of HIDs... hahaha...
Haha!

And really? My original nightbreakers are still in good condition. Dunno what I'm going to do with them now that they are out. Mind you, my "white" and your HID "white" are very different colours! Mine is more like yellow white until it's superbly bright. Yours is really pure white. So if it's white-white you're looking for, nothing beats HID or 5k+ temp range bulbs

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha!

And really? My original nightbreakers are still in good condition. Dunno what I'm going to do with them now that they are out. Mind you, my "white" and your HID "white" are very different colours! Mine is more like yellow white until it's superbly bright. Yours is really pure white. So if it's white-white you're looking for, nothing beats HID or 5k+ temp range bulbs
Oh no... My HIDs are 4200k. I don't want to get rouble from those cari makan authorities. I also severely modded the glare shield to block excessive glare. SO mine is not crisp white like those 5000k. But still, your nightbreakers still seem whiter than my 4200k HID. From you pictures, I can see a bluish tinge. Mine is more to whitih-yellow. As you can see in my avatar pic..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Osrams are great.
i've been using Osram Cool Blue for like 4 years i think.
got tahan by JPJs twice for the whiteness of the bulb (which they thot was HID), but when they see the big H4 size, they just let me go..
the Cool Blues are not as bright as Nightbreaker (i think) but they get the job done and last loooonngg..
i think i'm gonna buy this Nightbreaker Plus and compare..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
*talking about HID's i prefer 3000k light instead of 4300k or 5000k light type :biggrin:

but quite hard to find/buy 3000k HID bulb...haiyyah...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Trying something new here guys, especially for those who haven't been following our social channels. I've been getting plenty of questions on YouTube especially regarding manual shifting H&T etc so I was thinking of compiling them here or creating a series of post revolving on driving topics

I hope this helps anyone searching for answers on footwork and such, let's dicuss

I'll start with this one:
How to Shift Quicker

View attachment 572362

View attachment 572361 ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience