Market Place - Pricing

Do you agree that Prices should be MANDATORY at Market Place

• Yes, I AGREE - IT'S MANDATORY FOR SELLERS TO PUT PRICING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No- the sellers can keep the pricing off the list. Mysterious sellers gives me an erection.

• Couldn't be bothered - I never buy online : online sellers are all cons!

• Is there a market place? I didnt know it??

• Total voters

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
i agree 100% price should always be included...to make it easy for potential buyers .. if all sellers follow the same pattern, dont show a price then buyers have to call/sms/pm 10 different buyers assuming got 10 of them selling the same product. sooner or later, a SERIOUS buyer, will definitely do it. so we will choose the best price usually, but at times MOST REPUTABLE seller can get the sale too cause of his good business ethics even if his price is a bit higher. as a seller, you are a afraid of competition, we can understand this, but hiding your price isnt helping, being a responsible and reputable seller with good ethics and customer service...can always win over a sale of equal price or even slightly higher. :)

as i know, sellers are worried to put a price, cause scared somebody "buang harga" and the market follows, therefore reducing profit margin..

Mohd Neo

Known Member
Dec 15, 2007
if its a RULE that they MUST post price.. we can just use the REPORT function and the moderator can close the topic and ban the user.

the community can help out.
Totally agree...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
sometimes people 'buang harga' just to get a quick sale.. they usually want to clear their garage.. not really a competition coz they're not doing business..

for me if got price, i'll consider buying..

if no price, most probably i wont bother to call..

:biggrin:

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
For those who want to sell at the highest bidder, there's a place called E-BAY.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
"Call for price" is considered OK by me(eventhough time wasting)...usually sellers that want serious buyers.

It's the "offer me price" that really pisses me off.....:thefinger:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
"Call for price" is considered OK by me(eventhough time wasting)...usually sellers that want serious buyers.

It's the "offer me price" that really pisses me off.....:thefinger:
whoahhh....totally forgot bout this one...yeah the "offer me price" really pisses me off too :thefinger: !

unless it is antique or classic cars, they should put price on it.
agreeed

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I think in the end it all boils down to uncompetitive business strategies amongst sellers.

Seller A has a shop and overheads, sells product X for RM1200
Seller B sells his wares online only, sells product X for RM800

Who's going to buy from Seller A I ask you? That's the dilemma. It's all about dollars and cents and not showing how much.

Then there's the even more unscrupulous ones, those that choose to openly make a loss, hoping that the buyers will buy other items as well to offset the loss.

Seller A has a shop and overheads, sells product X for RM1200
Seller B sells his wares online only, sells product X for RM800
Seller C has a shop and overheads, sells product X for RM750

Buyer buys from Seller C but also buys product y, z, l, p as well.

Looking at the marketplace, a lot of folks sell the same product or similar products, a lot of these people are type "c" sellers or "b" sellers so how are the honest marketers supposed to make a living?

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I'm not a seller, but I do have one sales thread that I don't bump often. I only have one competitor but my market is too small to be bothered with. But I do have friends who are sellers and I understand their dilemma.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
in my opinion, posting with price or without price make no difference to me as a buyer.
if you see what you like you either contact seller or just ignore it and browse for another.

as a seller:
some products pricing is too low to be advertised.. as distributor may make noise.
multiple items advertised in a single post. fluctuating price on certain items.

there are 23-24million people in Malaysia.. you just simply can't satisfy all of them. :)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
in my opinion, posting with price or without price make no difference to me as a buyer.
if you see what you like you either contact seller or just ignore it and browse for another.

as a seller:
some products pricing is too low to be advertised.. as distributor may make noise.
multiple items advertised in a single post. fluctuating price on certain items.

there are 23-24million people in Malaysia.. you just simply can't satisfy all of them. :)
Malaysia is [strike]fake[/strike] democracy, 91% people voted to post with price. your vote counts but you are the 9% minority so too bad, sorry can't satisfy you.

as a seller:
if the seller got issues with distributor, that is YOUR PROBLEM. You cannot solve your own problem, DON'T DO BUSINESS.
multiple items advertised, then sign up as a dealer on ZTH, and you can post as many sales topic as you like.

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Just do it like BMW Club Malaysia - no price, go against regulations - REMOVE! ...
200% agreed with this.
We as buyer really hope Tom will make it compulsory to put price tag in The Marketplace section.
If not, mod can close the tread. It's not about customer always rite. It's about make things easy, and straight to the point. Agree with the price, buy it. No tips or tricks from seller to take advantage on poor ppl like me.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
as a buyer, will you pay exactly the amount posted by seller?

i guess u guys NOT, as buyer...u for sure ask for discount....and as seller, if u r keen on purchase. of coz there is discount

and so why bother bout the posting price...

u can just pm or sms the seller for the pricing, its just pretty easy.

whenever i buy in zth, i will pm or sms few sellers for pricing n product condition then only i decide. with price or not, im not bother. im bother bout the product only

my2cents

Lan_1470

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
Kota Bharu
twindas.page4.me
A few situation here :

Buyer :Yes..agreed.It's easy for customer to comparing without waste of money and time to call/sms.Seller also save bcos no need to reply buyer sms.If seller not sure to sell for what price just put price a bit higher than wanted price,than if buyer want discount just give but remain wanted price..it's easy...like CHIPSMORE - now u see,now u don't hahahaah.

Seller : No need,to make a healthy marketplace environment..if put price seller will compete for decrease their price,IT'S MAKE UNHEALTHY ENVIRONMENT...than seller will die.

Conclusion :"CUSTOMERS ALWAYS RIGHT"

Last edited:

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Yes..agreed.It's easy for customer to comparing without waste of money and time to call/sms.Seller also save bcos no need to reply buyer sms.If seller not sure to sell for what price just put price a bit higher than wanted price,than just put nego,it's easy...like CHIPSMORE - now u see,now u don't hahahaah.:idea:
bro...if put price higher, then put nego.....first impression of a seller is to see the cheapest price sold by a particular seller..

for example...
seller A - RM200 (nego)
seller B - RM180 (nego)

for sure buyer will go with seller B without thinking of asking the seller A even though both can be nego. some more, if the seller put the price, then put nego, then what's the point of putting the price? buyers still need to pm/sms/call to ask for the best price. unless if the seller states that they can deliver for free, or free installation, then maybe the buyer will go to seller A, again, if the seller B only sell without providing free installation or delivery.

so if want to put price..just put the price, no need to put nego...if want to put nego, then we are back to the questions of should sellers put only the selling price and make buyers' life more easier buy just contacting the sellers once to make the order?

and i'm sure, most of us....even if the seller put the price there...we will still pm/sms/call for best price...

so, is it really practical for sellers to put price if buyers will still contact them for best price even though the price is already there?

I think, if we really want to buy the product, we wouldn't be mind to contact one or more sellers for the best price with the best service. Sure we want to compare. Even if 5 sellers selling at the same price with the same service, for sure we'll look at the the most convenient for us to buy. and for sure we will contact them for more than 1 time.

just my opinion. :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got this problem maybe long ago but I just noticed it since I changed the lower arm straight, tie end rod. Some friends suggest me to go press the arm. But some suggest that I get the thing that we put at the top of the suspension so that we can adjust the suspension from there. Please help me coz i dont know what the thing that should be install to the suspension. What is it and how much the thing cost?

Sorry for lame question. Your help is appreciated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience