Transfering old number plate

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Transfering no. from used car to used car, impossible legally.

Behind closed doors? I don't think i can be done at all, or maybe my sources don't know how to pull the right strings.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
they called it "interchange"....only can be done with one new unreg car and an old existing car. u must be owner for the new and old car to enable it to be swap over. the old car will have latest number plate...and yr new car will have yr desired number.

if not, u can "tanam" the new plate onto a bike...bike shop will do it, u purchase an excise with them...all can be done below 1.5k....within 2 working days. if u interested...pm me, i will pass u the contact...cheerz

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Not possible. Interchanging these numbers as far as I know and have done in the past must either be:

1) New number onto a car that is already registered. New number goes onto bike and then interchanged.

2) Old number goes onto a new unregistered car. Basically you have a car with a number you like, and when you buy a new car you swap the number over. The new number meant for the new car goes onto your old car which you sell or trade in or keep and the new car gets the old plate you're fond of.

Those are the only two legal ways of going about it.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
used car to used car(registered) confirm cant be done bro.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
That's the answers that I get all these time.

Guess that after so many ppl reading & commented on this I just gotto face the fact.

There are a few ways to go about this which is:
a) Buy a new car
b) Buy a recon car
c) Buy a bike & keep the number on it

Guess that with my budget for a car the FD2R or Golf GTI would just have to downgrade.
Hm... CRZ looks great. Just don't know about Honda. I've got no comment about higher end Honda cars. Lower end like my current Honda City is a 5 years car. Above 5 years then problem starts to comes in already. Maybe it's me that's too demanding ; )

Thanks to all & cheers

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
That's the answers that I get all these time.

Guess that after so many ppl reading & commented on this I just gotto face the fact.

There are a few ways to go about this which is:
a) Buy a new car
b) Buy a recon car
c) Buy a bike & keep the number on it

Guess that with my budget for a car the FD2R or Golf GTI would just have to downgrade.
Hm... CRZ looks great. Just don't know about Honda. I've got no comment about higher end Honda cars. Lower end like my current Honda City is a 5 years car. Above 5 years then problem starts to comes in already. Maybe it's me that's too demanding ; )

Thanks to all & cheers
downgrading to another car just bcoz you cant use your old plate? :hmmmm:

FD2R is a honda too. and FD2R vs CRZ is worlds apart.

all cars after 5 years should have wear and tear @ "problems" bro

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
downgrading to another car just bcoz you cant use your old plate? :hmmmm:

FD2R is a honda too. and FD2R vs CRZ is worlds apart.

all cars after 5 years should have wear and tear @ "problems" bro
Totally agree with you......

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
when i bought my 2nd hand car, i was thinking to swap no plate from my antique bike to my newly bought 2nd hand car..it was not allowed from rtd/jpj ruling...u can only transfer ur existing reg plate number to an unregistered vehicle, or throw away ur existing number to a new bike

so, i threw away the plate number to a new bike...the process is actually quite simple

1st- get the car inspected by puspakom rm 35/50...not sure
2nd- just go to any bike shop and tell them u want to do interchange and the shop will quote u a price, in my case it was rm600
3rd- go to jpj, get the number that u want...this depend on the number u intended to buy, in my case rm300
4th- register the bike and do interchange at the same time...bike registration is cheap, rm30 kot, cant remember, and the interchange fee is rm200....and, u will get the pindaan road tax disc
5th- inform ur insurance company that u already change ur vehicle registration number

*if ur car is still under financing, inform them first, they will give u a consent letter, dont proceed to 3rd step unless u already get the letter

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then when transfer the bike number to new car got to go through the whole process again, not mentioning all the cost again......

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
Then when transfer the bike number to new car got to go through the whole process again, not mentioning all the cost again......
if u want to transfer to a new car no need to buy motorbike la....transfer directly...same whole process,

Last edited:

alwhitesat

500 RPM
Jan 6, 2009
No, I mean next time want to transfer old bike number to new car.......:biggrin:
same whole process, but fee is different...

for my case, i disliked the registered number on my car, just want to throw away the number and get a new one for my car...and i dont want to know where the number now

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

6/1/06 - around 3am..

my fren satria rear window was smash.. dont take anything

7/1/06 - 7.30am..

my vafc has been stolen.. 4 man (malay) use 2 motorbike smash my pessenger window.. my car park outside my house.. thanks god they dont stole my brother in law audio player..

9/1/06 - afternoon..

my fren walkie talkie antenna was stolen..

10/1/06 - 2-3 am..

my neighbour cd player was stolen...

:baring_teeth: so resident in cheras area, pls beware..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience