KE70 Parts ~

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just got a KE70 and want to transform it into a Drift/Track car....

Where can i get parts for that car,i mean Halfcut/2nd hand parts in KL/Selangor area as budget was low ~

Thanks for any help =)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
depends on what u want in ur car..

if u want to enter drift competition, SR20DET is d way to go..

if u want to syok2 only on weekends, the stock engine will do.. 4AGE or 4AGZE also can

:biggrin:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
depends on what u want in ur car..

if u want to enter drift competition, SR20DET is d way to go..

if u want to syok2 only on weekends, the stock engine will do.. 4AGE or 4AGZE also can

Just a newbie to drift.....learning lo =D

Plan on either modifying the stock 4K to produce more juice by swapping a twin-weber.etc or transplant 4AGE 16/20V into it ..... but will try to upgrade the 4K see how it goes 1st la =)

4AGE can't use for drift ? See alot of Japs drift with it also =?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Just a newbie to drift.....learning lo =D

Plan on either modifying the stock 4K to produce more juice by swapping a twin-weber.etc or transplant 4AGE 16/20V into it ..... but will try to upgrade the 4K see how it goes 1st la =)

4AGE can't use for drift ? See alot of Japs drift with it also =?

4AGE of coz can drift.. but in competitions u r up against all those turboed 2.0L with a 1.6L NA engine? i don't think u wanna waste time & money to a battle u can't win :biggrin:

i'm also in d process of learning too.. my car KE70 with stock engine..

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
4k has it's limits.... I've tweaked that engine but with very minimal budget <RM1k. Rebore the block and install slightly bigger pistons, tune the carburator and install bigger main jets. Polished and ported the head for better air and fuel flow....

It reached 180km/h but took a bit slower than the proton magma 1.5 engine. At that time there were no cams. Those proton magma got hi cams already and after porting and polishing, could easily hit 180km/h...

Heheheehehehe those were the days in year 2000.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
4k has it's limits.... I've tweaked that engine but with very minimal budget <RM1k. Rebore the block and install slightly bigger pistons, tune the carburator and install bigger main jets. Polished and ported the head for better air and fuel flow....

It reached 180km/h but took a bit slower than the proton magma 1.5 engine. At that time there were no cams. Those proton magma got hi cams already and after porting and polishing, could easily hit 180km/h...

Heheheehehehe those were the days in year 2000.
Just to add ...

A properly built 4K can pull 10,000 rpm....with a push-rod engine... and this was in the 1980's

Use a 5k bottom end save problem with rebore!

The k series are NOT cross-flow heads not much point in developing it now.