evo9 vs fd2 vs golf gti mk6

What's good for comfort, looks and mods?

• CIVIC FD2R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVO 9

• Golf GTI MK6

• Total voters

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If looking for more comfort then get the Golf GTI, but on track it's slower than the other 2.
If looking for outright speed and performance either straight line or on track, dry or wet, then go for Evo IX MR since it has the most powerful engine and it's AWD. It also has the most potential for monster mods (400, 500, 600HP,...just depends on how deep your pocket is).
As for the FD2R, it's a very good FWD car like the Golf, it has an addictive high rev engine but it's not as fast as the Evo nor as comfortable as the Golf. Maybe the cheapest to maintain though (CMIIW).

I myself if I want to spend that kind of money on a car, I will definitely go for the Evo as it offers one of the best performance for the dollar in the car market. No other car at the same price range or cheaper can beat the Evo in a head-to-head (only the WRX STI can barely come close).

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Ricers will buy an evo 9.

Track devils will get an fd2.

Wannabes and old men that want to live young will get an mk6 golf gti.

:D
CMIIW but 'ricer' are those that tries to make their cars look fast or imitate a fast car but actually not at all. So I don't think an Evo could fall in that category. If so, an FD2R is just the same as well. :)

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Yeah that's true, but to be honest it is possible to rice up an evo. Sadly i've seen many here in KL. Only a few tasteful ones exist.

Besides i consider big gt wings rice. I say this knowing that i myself am a full on ricer haha. My dc2 had a black mugen wing on a white car LOL.

Consider "ricer" a term of endearment. ;)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
..... Evo 9.. you can be a lousy driver, the power will make up for it...
as well as the AWD, active diff, & AYC. :)

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Yeah that's true, but to be honest it is possible to rice up an evo. Sadly i've seen many here in KL. Only a few tasteful ones exist.

Besides i consider big gt wings rice. I say this knowing that i myself am a full on ricer haha. My dc2 had a black mugen wing on a white car LOL.

Consider "ricer" a term of endearment. ;)
Hahaha, very rare to find one who honestly admit to being a ricer! :D

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I can't help it. Somethings just look nice even though it's so obviously rice lol.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
in terms of ride comfort,looks and future modification plans...
more details would help,

Which do you prefer in preferential order:

• Daily driven or weekend drives
  • manual or automatic
  • Highways or Hill roads or Circuit
  • Huge Power, More than stock or stock

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Forget about the Golf, it does all things pretty well but nothing exceptionally well. That's its biggest strength and ultimately its flaw.

I've driven a Golf, MK whatever with whatever GTi mods and found the car horribly soulless. It does have a nice exhaust note due to the DSG upshifts but besides that "OMG! it was boring."

It pretty decent through the bends and even on the straights but when asked what I thought about it. The first thing that came to mind was "Boy! I did not know LMFAO had so much bass in the song" or "Oh! what nice dials you have"

I was left with no impression of the car as the owner looked at me expectantly. I did whatever I could to look enthusiastic and told him, " Interior damned nice wei!"

The drive was so-so, handling was so-so, interior was typically german built, pricing also not bad la.

Nett nett = So-so car = Why would you spend 200k to feel so-so?

I'd rather spend it on an FD2R, which would rattle my teeth to powder but at least leave me smiling while I go get dentures.

OR even the RICE AH BENG MAX POWER 4WD TURBO FAST AND FURIOUS Evo 9, at least it'll corner your face off and have those Ah Lians shake their booty for ya.

Nett nett = For 200k = You are off better getting something that represents a purity of purpose.

Btw, a Scirroco or however you spell it, is an even bigger disaster. Its like a mutated Satria that came back from the grave but pumped up by Arnie's genes.

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Forget about the Golf, it does all things pretty well but nothing exceptionally well. That's its biggest strength and ultimately its flaw.

I've driven a Golf, MK whatever with whatever GTi mods and found the car horribly soulless. It does have a nice exhaust note due to the DSG upshifts but besides that "OMG! it was boring."

It pretty decent through the bends and even on the straights but when asked what I thought about it. The first thing that came to mind was "Boy! I did not know LMFAO had so much bass in the song" or "Oh! what nice dials you have"

I was left with no impression of the car as the owner looked at me expectantly. I did whatever I could to look enthusiastic and told him, " Interior damned nice wei!"

The drive was so-so, handling was so-so, interior was typically german built, pricing also not bad la.

Nett nett = So-so car = Why would you spend 200k to feel so-so?

I'd rather spend it on an FD2R, which would rattle my teeth to powder but at least leave me smiling while I go get dentures.

OR even the RICE AH BENG MAX POWER 4WD TURBO FAST AND FURIOUS Evo 9, at least it'll corner your face off and have those Ah Lians shake their booty for ya.

Nett nett = For 200k = You are off better getting something that represents a purity of purpose.

Btw, a Scirroco or however you spell it, is an even bigger disaster. Its like a mutated Satria that came back from the grave but pumped up by Arnie's genes.
bro do you own Golf MK5/6? or you just test drive only?:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i disagree.. between these 3..the Golf does creature comfort and lousy drivers extremely well.
it'll be the most comfortable among the 3, and it'll also accomodate the lousiest driver.

in a Type R the lousy driver won't be able to keep the car in the power band around the corner, with the Evo the lousy driver probably wrap the Evo around the tree.

disclaimer: I'm a lousy driver, the DSG in the Golf GTi Mk5 rocks. I just need to control steering and brake+accel.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
elsm80 has a very harsh take on the Golf, but it's hard not to see it his way if you had to get down to the finer details. In its defence, with the suspension set to track, or whatever it is, it was quite a rough ride, felt duly sporty.

Maybe that's why they made the Golf and Scirocco R. Inject some soul?

Oh and i disagree with elsm80 on the Scirocco, i love the shape, especially in black with ABT 19 inch rims = sex.

sti-yookuza

Known Member
Apr 14, 2006
more details would help,

Which do you prefer in preferential order:

• Daily driven or weekend drives
  • manual or automatic
  • Highways or Hill roads or Circuit
  • Huge Power, More than stock or stock
well mainly the car will be driven during the weekends not as often as parking is kinda expensive in hong kong. i would prefer manual. in hong kong roads r pretty stiff and narrow here. power wise maybe a lil more than stock.. highly modded cars in hong kong is like a po^po attractor...hahahaa....

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

elsm80 has a very harsh take on the Golf, but it's hard not to see it his way if you had to get down to the finer details. In its defence, with the suspension set to track, or whatever it is, it was quite a rough ride, felt duly sporty.

Maybe that's why they made the Golf and Scirocco R. Inject some soul?

Oh and i disagree with elsm80 on the Scirocco, i love the shape, especially in black with ABT 19 inch rims = sex.
i have seen a really nice scirocco here in hong kong before...met grey...19`s .....fullbodykit...super loud exhaust...fully tinted...it was sexy...n the owner is a korean lady...i use to hav the picture in my phone...got drunk 1 day and lost it...damnnnn...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Was the Korean lady sexy too? Cos that's what i like to call a "double sexy", when just one "sexy" isn't enough.

sti-yookuza

Known Member
Apr 14, 2006
Was the Korean lady sexy too? Cos that's what i like to call a "double sexy", when just one "sexy" isn't enough.
hahaha....the lady was a frd`s frd....errr...depends lar bro...diff ppl diff taste...typical korean girl look i would say...i remmember she like 19 or 20 bck then...this was 1 year ago..

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Noice! Double sexy ftw!

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
bro do you own Golf MK5/6? or you just test drive only?:driver:
bro, errr....I'm not rich enough to buy cars without test driving. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

i disagree.. between these 3..the Golf does creature comfort and lousy drivers extremely well.
it'll be the most comfortable among the 3, and it'll also accomodate the lousiest driver.

in a Type R the lousy driver won't be able to keep the car in the power band around the corner, with the Evo the lousy driver probably wrap the Evo around the tree.

disclaimer: I'm a lousy driver, the DSG in the Golf GTi Mk5 rocks. I just need to control steering and brake+accel.
That's not what the evidence seem to point towards.

Just ask the R35 GTR owner (whose car got burnt to a crisp) who got side swiped by an irreverent GTi.

More like, the more forgiving the car; the more chances a lousy driver would take. THUS the more dangerous that car becomes.

Just logical deduction, no need to get feisty after this k.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
bro, errr....I'm not rich enough to buy cars without test driving. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

That's not what the evidence seem to point towards.

Just ask the R35 GTR owner (whose car got burnt to a crisp) who got side swiped by an irreverent GTi.

More like, the more forgiving the car; the more chances a lousy driver would take. THUS the more dangerous that car becomes.

Just logical deduction, no need to get feisty after this k.
I am clueless as to what happened as I don't know the full story, for all you know could have been the R35 GTR owner was the one at fault. no idea. if you know the entire story for a fact do share. i am a curious one.

modern cars are becoming more forgiving, traction control, abs, ebd, radars and what not. so those cars become more dangerous by your logic? Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, VW.. they are all becoming more forgiving and compensating for lousy driving. so all of it is getting more dangerous and we are going backwards? :rofl:

so let me get this right, basically you are saying a lousy driver will go faster and will be less dangerous in the FD2R and EVO against the VW?

personally I will bet the EVO will be the first to wrap around a tree cause the lousy driver will think he is driving an EVO and he is KING OF THE ROAD..and take his chances. I drove an Evo 8 once and masuk salah gear, lucky never letup.. If I had that car longer I would have wrapped myself around a tree. true story. hahaha.. I thought I was king then. cabutz :thefinger:

EDIT: I did hear about the VW open day @ Sepang and a lousy driver managed to glue the Scirocco against the barrier. I ain't saying it's safer, just that relatively when compared to the FD2R and EVO it'll take more stupidity and lousiness to overcome the car's compensation to avoid wrapping itself on a tree.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

haloo all sifus...need help here..
im using blitz super sound bov....
i dono Y my bov senyap je...
no sound at all...some said valve jam..need 2 services..
where can do bov services..??
sory..newbie here..help..help :thumpdown
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience