evo9 vs fd2 vs golf gti mk6

What's good for comfort, looks and mods?

• CIVIC FD2R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVO 9

• Golf GTI MK6

• Total voters

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if u want sensible choice then pick evo9....

but if u want something a bit different than crowded japanese car then take golf....

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
both evo 9 and golf can be daily car but when you say mods, it depends on what you want from the car.

if you plan to dump money into chasing high hp, then go for evo.

if you already have a daily car and want a weekend or fun car, whether its street or touge or occasional track days, go for evo.

no comments on fd2 as i'm not familiar with hondas.

my advice is to test drive all 3 cars, then see which car you like best before deciding because you are the one who is going to own the car and paying for it, maintenance, mods and all. :wavey:

wafuk

May 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
golf gti..

sporty, comfy, sufficient power, and its a daily drive car...dsg with tiptronic just allows easy and smooth drive with option for more "hardcore driving".

couldn't go wrong with it.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Ricers will buy an evo 9.

Track devils will get an fd2.

Wannabes and old men that want to live young will get an mk6 golf gti.

:D

sti-yookuza

Known Member
Apr 14, 2006
Ricers will buy an evo 9.

Track devils will get an fd2.

Wannabes and old men that want to live young will get an mk6 golf gti.

:D
AHAHAH...nice1 dude..

i had test drive all 3 cars before actually the mk6 is actually kind comfie compared to the other 2 options....can really make upmy mind at the moment...and the car isgonna be driven in hongkong...theres shit loads of fd2 in hk now...evo 9 is kinda rare...that im not sure y...in kl there is shit loads of evo back then...ahhaha....

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Hands down in terms of fit and finish i'd take the golf gti mk6. Even in terms of just sheer acceleration it's hard to beat that DSG gearbox, really does make you feel quite racy.

But if you want that uncomfortable cornering on rails and linear power delivery not much beats an fd2r.

Evos, well, evos are evos, might be rice but fuck it's quick.

In all honesty, all the cars are quite good in the handling department.

BUT if you're looking at upgrading the power band i'd stay away from the golf if you want big power. The DSG can't handle it, and if it breaks i doubt your wallet could handle it either.

sti-yookuza

Known Member
Apr 14, 2006
i was told the same also...if i were to mod cars either take the evo9 or fd2r...oem parts are cheaper and stuff...as for the mk6 it abit more pricy to mod i found a workshop here that does APR mods for mk6..he told me the dsg box shudnt be a prob if i were to mod the car and of course within limits...i think the evo9 and fd2r is more flexible to mod...

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
K20A parts are not cheap. But the good thing is that there is plenty of choice.

Evos are easier to mod imo. Turbos get it easy, boost controller, piping and intercooler to get some decent numbers.

Last i heard DSGs take up to 350 at the crank. I could be wrong.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
in terms of ride comfort,looks and future modification plans...
ride comfort and looks is subjective.
future modification plans.. all 3 cars have plenty of aftermarket support.. but in terms of squeezing the maximum horsepower available.. the Evo tops the list.

the FD2R..hehe.. you have to be a good driver lah, its a true racing vehicle... Evo 9.. you can be a lousy driver, the power will make up for it.. the Golf Mk6.. you can be a lady..the DSG practically shifts itself.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been struggling with water stains on my windscreen & adding on driving in low light & kaboom rain -

you know by leaving yr white cars not wash for a week plus u will get stripes - like zebra - because of our acid rains, industrial fall out & esp working & staying near factory with emission fumes - I am one of the victim

this was what i have been struggling with for a long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience