Project Z Week 23: Spare Z31 Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
It takes more than one person to get charity box running? Clearly you haven't done much if you don't know the world of difference even one man can make to so many lives.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for pointing out the Mad Car Mods project, Kevin.

as i do not have close proximity to the cars nor video equipment for doing so
Maybe this is why many people are so concerned? Maybe after 23 weeks they haven't seen RM800 worth of progress? I dunno...

Hope this works out for you bro. The criticisms are increasing both in number and decibels.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
[PIMPIN];1063739016 said:
It takes more than one person to get charity box running? Clearly you haven't done much if you don't know the world of difference even one man can make to so many lives.
i never said charity box, i said charitable events. the coordination, the letter writing and all the legal stuffs. i admit to you that, i've only looked into charity last year.

it takes a lot of effort and people to set up a charity i believe as i have never run it alone

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
oh for god sakes stop hiding behind Tom's name.. bottom line is you screwed up from the beginning with all issues that was pointed out by the earlier posting by the respective members.. HAVE YOU NOT LEARN FROM IT!??!?!?!! u still post Tom says this is right.. Tom defended me.. oh this is where i get my dreams from.. yada yada..bla bla....it's down right paranoid... Tom this Tom that.. eh, do u need to ask Tom for permission to piss?

you keep asking others to read earlier posting ..read earlier postings.. all i can see is contradicting statements, lack of transparency and just total failure in terms of communications..

U think it's my pocket i worry about? dude.. pls know who d hell u r talking to.. my mods alone can buy your car and finish off your project... dont insult my intelligence and my pocket...

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

i KNOW u r from a well off family back ground... some people do not have that luxury.. i earn every single cent in my wallet.. it aint bapak sponsored... it may not be much.. but it;s enuff... to build what i have.. and to give me what i want.. and to lay out my future plans in place.... i don need to be mocked by a half assed kid on the block who doesnt know how to plan, project manage, lack the charisma, who calls ppl off to screw them up just bcoz they expressed their opinions and then ask proof for it... piss people off here and there to tell me..

"my pocket is safe"

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
oh for god sakes stop hiding behind Tom's name.. bottom line is you screwed up from the beginning with all issues that was pointed out by the earlier posting by the respective members.. HAVE YOU NOT LEARN FROM IT!??!?!?!! it's down right paranoid... Tom this Tom that.. eh, do u need to ask Tom for permission to piss?

you keep asking others to read earlier posting ..read earlier postings.. all i can see is contradicting statements, lack of transparency and just total failure in terms of communications..

U think it's my pocket i worry about? dude.. pls know who d hell u r talking to.. my mods alone can buy your car and finish off your project... dont insult my intelligence and my pocket...
I believe I am bound to be lead good respect and faith from community members. Tom has specifically mentioned that, any movement of the project must be reported to him. And that I did, I post updates to him via SMS and Whatsapp most of the time. Plus I call him up sometimes

Yes, I believe it was my failure in putting ideas forward and I apologize

I am not insulting your intelligence or pocket. Honestly, I am just bringing up the fact that, choice is yours to contribute. On the joking side, I said, "Your pocket is safe" as a joke. I mean can't that be a nice joke, I am trying to learn to know you better and I hope you do not take offence to taht

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i am personally a rotary club member of RC Ipoh. I understand charity and all and have been involved in certain plannings, like Ekiden Run for raising funds for the Tsunami victims in Japan.
i never said charity box, i said charitable events. the coordination, the letter writing and all the legal stuffs. i admit to you that, i've only looked into charity last year.

it takes a lot of effort and people to set up a charity i believe as i have never run it alone
See it took you only two posts to contradict yourself. Yet you ask for trust and want credibility. Sorry dude, I'm out.

Ciao.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
oh for god sakes stop hiding behind Tom's name.. bottom line is you screwed up from the beginning with all issues that was pointed out by the earlier posting by the respective members.. HAVE YOU NOT LEARN FROM IT!??!?!?!! u still post Tom says this is right.. Tom defended me.. oh this is where i get my dreams from.. yada yada..bla bla....it's down right paranoid... Tom this Tom that.. eh, do u need to ask Tom for permission to piss?

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

i KNOW u r from a well off family back ground... some people do not have that luxury.. i earn every single cent in my wallet.. it aint bapak sponsored... it may not be much.. but it;s enuff... to build what i have.. and to give me what i want.. and to lay out my future plans in place.... i don need to be mocked by a half assed kid on the block who doesnt know how to plan, project manage, lack the charisma, piss people off here and there to tell me..

"my pocket is safe"
how would you judge me to be well off? if i was , i wouldnt even be building this project to begin with. yeah well, i'm still half your age and you must agree i have many to learn. i'm sure i will take a while to be of your age and wisdom, so let the tough learning process shape me to be as properly planned, charismatic and diplomatic like you

im really being honest here, tolong tunjuk ajar!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
[PIMPIN];1063739023 said:
See it took you only two posts to contradict yourself. Yet you ask for trust and want credibility. Sorry dude, I'm out.

Ciao.
i never mentioned the depth of the understandability of charity. that i must clarify. i only know what has been done by others and i merely followed thru. that i must admit to you.

so how is that a yes or a no then, can it be an in between answer?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
let me just reiterate what i have said previously in case my long winded response gets missinterpreted, especially on the green light part.

ZTH providing a platform for a forum member to openly collect donations DOES NOT mean that the forum member can "misuse" the green light to claim that it is a ZTH project.

please remember that you are expecting donors and sponsors to pay over 90% of the project where the car ultimately belongs to you.

if anything goes wrong (like you fail to finish the project), the misconception that you created by misusing the green light from ZTH will ultimately screw ZTH's rep.

this is what we are worried about.

no one is questioning your passions for cars. people are questioning your motives for asking for public donations by hiding behind alleged green light from ZTH.

ZTH may let you open threads and solicit for donations and sponsors, but please... don't drag Tom or ZTH into asking for donations.

it is unprofessional... PERIOD.

you wanna do charity for kids? a drift forum organized a drift for charity event whereby the drifters used their own cars built by their own money to give rides to orphans a few years ago at bukit jalil.

if you want to do charity work, it can be done... but not by changing it to building a car to challenge super cars or to tapao everyone on track while using ZTH's name.

the forum doesn't belong to you alone and doesn't exist for you alone.

in my eyes, and also many others, you are F-ing up ZTH's rep by clinging tightly onto the "green light" that has been given to you for a totally different reason.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
like tom said, it is up the good samaritan to judge that if the car should belong to me .

although the project is slow, you have to be wary that i am not from kl. i could only ring up or sms people to hope that they will start doing their job. if they are slow, i cant push them, after all they are sponsors, i need to respect them and rather wanting them to throw my project off the street. please look at this perspective

public donations were created because i told tom, that some forumers had suggested so. with that, i asked tom and he approved it. it is generally his website. it is wise that i do what i am allowed to do, within the limits set by him. if you think that is wrong, please address it to him. i only proceed to do it, because, ultimately, like it or not, it is his website and i agree the forum doesn't belong to me, but i appreciate you know that zth has been run on costs borne by tom to keep it running. so if anything, he has the say , even to pull the plug, hoep you will respect what he has to say. i never dragged him, merely asking permissions, he has the right to say no, but he has allowed me otherwise.

there are many ways to do a charity run. however, ultimately, if the car is not complete, nothing is concrete. only with that, we can move on to the next step, charity.

yes, everyone has opinion, thats why countries exist, wars happen, no one can ever be satisfied. everyone has a say on how a country should be run. i dont want to rub u the wrong side, but i ask permission to do everything within my scope. thats how i should comply, being a paid personnel.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't understand why everyone is attacking Kevin's posts, charity work, blah blah blah. I for one don't care what he has done, is a member of, is cable of, has rich family, etc etc. I'm only interested in seeing this car get in shape and in running condition.

Just list out what needs to be done to get this project back on track. End of story! Why the need for the "get you to listen to me" attitude when obviously nothing is clicking? Words 7% of a conversation people! 7 freaking percent and it's not a conversation at the moment!!

Tom has stated to list down what needs to be done to improve the current situation and let's do just that as starters yes? Obviously there are a lot of opinions out there so let's here them la!

(And no Tom is not paying me salary nor am I an employee. I'm just a unpaid contributor)

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i honestly think you should be paid, so you could run a show too. especially using an rx-3 as a good writing up experience, but that u have to discuss with tom la.

i just think words are so monotonous on the internet, half the time we cant get the message across. its proper if we can have this discussed vocally one day

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
I am out...

*end of transmission*
dun cabut first can i add u on fb =D i would really love to know u since u feel my pain too xD. btw did u know my good friend was with kevin lee on the day of purchase which he objected due to the condition was so horrible, but kevin persisted on without listen to other people's opinion. would love to chat with u more :biggrin:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i dont think u were involved in the decision making. it was henry btw. and i havent told u about my project before introducing you to henry, so you have your timelines messed up. steven can account to that.

oh yeah, easy to find him, look in my friends, bryan c autojunctions. its good that u can add him and be friends, so you can do detailing jobs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.